1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '20 00:24
    @kellyjay said
    It is evil and righteousness; there will be no half and half, it will be one or the other among men, and that is found either in Jesus Christ our Savior, or us dying in our sins.
    Why didn't Jesus arrange to have himself tortured in burning flames for eternity if that is, as you claim, the "just" price to pay for "sins"?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Feb '20 00:27
    @kellyjay said
    Then after evil is dealt with thoroughly, after it is totally revealed for what it is, and does. It will be removed from the Kingdom of God, never to cause suffering and pain again, you can be glad.
    Why is causing "suffering and pain" to non-believers the way to deal with "suffering and pain" caused by believers?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '20 08:17
    @kellyjay said
    Apologies, I didn't realize it was you who answered the question directed to someone else. After this post, don't look for any more from me to you, but I will address the content of your post since I find myself responding to you now.
    You’re such a crybaby KellyJay. I can’t believe you even have the gall to write this post of yours and call yourself a Christian.

How can you rock up here every day bringing the Lord Jesus Christ into disrepute with unbelievers with all this utterly morally abominable nonsense and then not have the courage to stand and defend it. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Wether you show up with your balls or not, I’ll be here every day pointing out your erroneous fantasies of eternal torture, lakes of fire and sulphur.

Your intellectually childlike and frankly psychotic version of a loving God who is also a sadistic genocidal monster is not going to win anyone to Christ. Period.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Feb '20 08:25
    @kellyjay said
    You said the key was the words "is like," and for a part of that text, I agree with you. Where you error over and over is when you fail to acknowledge the words, "So it will be at the end of the age." From that point on, we are hearing of events that are coming as described. The is like is where men gather fish and sort them out, and so it will be are future events.
    “So it will be at the end of age” is telling the reader that what is coming (in the text) is also similes, metaphors and symbolisms to represent the contrast he already drawn.

You have been taught incorrectly KellyJay, you are totally, utterly and desperately wrong.
    The book “The Revelation of Jesus Christ” is not revealing a monster who tortures billions of people by keeping them alive for eternity in a lake of fire - it is a series of visions of symbolic icons, metaphors and similes which I suspect (I’m only guessing) is designed to show what things would be like without the atonement ~ not because of it.

I think you have to try to get your head around this if you are to have an effective ministry. Jesus has saved the entire human race from the stuff you see in Revelation.

It is total victory not majority defeat. think about that for a moment, please.

Hate me all you want, but I have to keep calling you out over this.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    09 Mar '20 01:27
    Praise God you don’t need to know quantum physics to be saved!
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Mar '20 05:43
    @rbhill said
    Praise God you don’t need to know quantum physics to be saved!
    And yet, quantum physics is enabling mankind to know more about the nature of the creator being, if there is one.
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    09 Mar '20 12:24
    @fmf said
    And yet, quantum physics is enabling mankind to know more about the nature of the creator being, if there is one.
    Knowledge doesn’t save. Grace is what saves.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Mar '20 12:49
    @rbhill said
    Is it impossible therefore to be saved without the knowledge of Christ?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '20 02:05
    @rbhill said
    Your conjecture about being "saved" and about "grace" are aspirations rather than "knowledge" of anything.

If there is a creator, knowledge about its creation is being explored by scientists and not religionists.

The notions of "grace" and "salvation" and "immortality" are things you came across when you were contemplating your navel, whilst - perhaps subconsciously - seeking solace in the face of the inevitability of death.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Mar '20 02:17
    @rbhill said
    The statement "Grace is what saves" provides some knowledge about what Christian doctrine says and also what kind of thoughts or hopes or personal opinions make you tick.

The statement "Grace is what saves" does not provide any objective knowledge about the universe or about the being that created it, if there is one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree