Righteousness in Christ

Righteousness in Christ

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
18 Mar 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
So if you are an atheist vegetarian you are ok in your book, right?
No................

You must also take vows to refrain from intoxication and drug taking, and illicit sex and gambling and meat eating.....................and you must chant the names of God every day.

This is the Maha Mantra for deliverance from maya.

hare Krsna, hare krsna, krsna krsna hare hare,
hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare.

You must live the spiritual life of devotional service which is all explained in all the books by his Divine Grace AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prubhupada.

If any person acquires the 18 volume Srimad Bhagavatam and the Bhagavad Gita As It Is that is translated by Srila Prabhupada, and studies the literature very sincerely.............................they shall become God conscious and self realized without doubt, and they will return home back to Godhead.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
19 Mar 15

Originally posted by Dasa
Your information is incorrect..........it is speculation.

The entire Bible is speculation.

Because it is speculation.............it is correct sometimes and incorrect most of the time.

However the Vedic knowledge is correct 100% of the time and this is why it is the true religion.

Any meat eaters religion must be false.

Because any religion that ...[text shortened]... ly false religion defends animal cruelty and slaughter and consumption.

You cannot deny this.
How do you know that the Vedas are correct 100% of the time?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
19 Mar 15

Originally posted by DeepThought
How do you know that the Vedas are correct 100% of the time?
Here is a simple Prey by Lord Caitanya......(Incarnation of Sri Krsna)

Glory to the Śrī Kṛṣṇa saṅkīrtana, which cleanses the heart of all the dust accumulated for years and extinguishes the fire of conditional life, of repeated birth and death. This saṅkīrtana movement is the prime benediction for humanity at large because it spreads the rays of the benediction moon. It is the life of all transcendental knowledge. It increases the ocean of transcendental bliss, and it enables us to fully taste the nectar for which we are always anxious.
O my Lord, Your holy name alone can render all benediction to living beings, and thus You have hundreds and millions of names like Kṛṣṇa and Govinda. In these transcendental names You have invested all Your transcendental energies. There are not even hard and fast rules for chanting these names. O my Lord, out of kindness You enable us to easily approach You by chanting Your holy names, but I am so unfortunate that I have no attraction for them.
One should chant the holy name of the Lord in a humble state of mind, thinking oneself lower than the straw in the street; one should be more tolerant than a tree, devoid of all sense of false prestige, and ready to offer all respect to others. In such a state of mind one can chant the holy name of the Lord constantly.
O almighty Lord, I have no desire to accumulate wealth, nor do I desire beautiful women, nor do I want any number of followers. I only want Your causeless devotional service birth after birth.
O son of Mahārāja Nanda [Kṛṣṇa], I am Your eternal servitor, yet somehow or other I have fallen into the ocean of birth and death. please pick me up from this ocean of death and place me as one of the atoms of Your lotus feet.
O my Lord, when will my eyes be decorated with tears of love flowing constantly when I chant Your holy name? When will my voice choke up, and when will the hairs of my body stand on end at the recitation of Your name?
O Govinda! Feeling Your separation, I am considering a moment to be like twelve years or more. Tears are flowing from my eyes like torrents of rain, and I am feeling all vacant in the world in Your absence.
I know no one but Kṛṣṇa as my Lord, and He shall remain so even if He handles me roughly in His embrace or makes me brokenhearted by not being present before me. He is completely free to do anything and everything, for He is always my worshipful Lord unconditionally.

Dear Deep Thought.

The more a person absorbs themselves in the knowledge of Krsna Consciousness(God consciousness)..............then their question " How do I know if this is all true shall be automatically answered in their heart.

Truth has a way of declaring itself...............but the mind must be quiet and peaceful.

ENGLAND

Moves
19 Mar 15

Originally posted by roigam
You just do not have all the facts.
We both have the facts as laid out by beauroberts in his own words. In his stated scenario do you approve of his Kingdom Hall leaders behaviour? Have you even read his account?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Mar 15

No................

You must also take vows to refrain from intoxication and drug taking, and illicit sex and gambling and meat eating.....................and you must chant the names of God every day.

This is the Maha Mantra for deliverance from maya.

hare Krsna, hare krsna, krsna krsna hare hare,
hare rama hare rama, rama rama hare hare.

You m ...[text shortened]... become God conscious and self realized without doubt, and they will return home back to Godhead.
So one can simply pay for their "self-realization" and conciousness-raising.

Good to know. I guess.

Can we get that on DVD so we don't have to do so much reading?

Frankly, I'd be horrified if I found out that my Christian salvation was just a commodity to be bought and sold.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Mar 15
1 edit

Glory to the Śrī Kṛṣṇa saṅkīrtana, which cleanses the heart of all the dust accumulated for years and extinguishes the fire of conditional life, of repeated birth and death.

Dasa, if one is reincarnated as another creature, in what sense can that be the SAME life ?

If a monkey is reincarnated as a donkey - that is the donkey's heart and not the previous monkey's heart.

If you are reincarnated as another person Ravi - that is Ravi's heart then and not Dasa's heart.

In reincarnation, doesn't a change of the life also mean a change of the person and the heart ?
Are you saying a long list of creatures from a fish
through a frog
through a bird
through a camel
through a man
through another man
through a woman ALL share the SAME heart which needed cleansing ?

r

Moves
19 Mar 15
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
We both have the facts as laid out by beauroberts in his own words. In his stated scenario do you approve of his Kingdom Hall leaders behaviour? Have you even read his account?
I have responded to this point before. My response has not changed.

ENGLAND

Moves
19 Mar 15

Yes I know, you condemn beauroberts for taking blood and approve of his fellowship disowning him and trying to get his wife to do the same.

One day you may wake up and realise just how much of a dreadful way this is to treat another human being.

rc

Moves
19 Mar 15

it adds to the tediousness doesn't it, same thing again and again and again.

ENGLAND

Moves
19 Mar 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
it adds to the tediousness doesn't it, same thing again and again and again.
I don't find defending Beauroberts (or indeed any human being) from the pressures exerted by your cult, at all tedious.

r

Moves
19 Mar 15

I don't find defending Beauroberts (or indeed any human being) from the pressures exerted by your cult, at all tedious.
Why don't you write a book. Oh! I forgot. You don't know anything about Jehovah's Witnesses.
You obviously don't know BR's situation either.
If there is such a person and he was df'd, it was to encourage him to repent of whatever wrong he was doing.

BR isn't another of your personnas, is it?

F

Moves
19 Mar 15

The snide lack of generosity of spirit towards a 'brother' with cancer and his wife and children is baffling sometimes. It's interesting how often the curtain flaps open here.

ENGLAND

Moves
19 Mar 15
1 edit

Why don't you write a book. Oh! I forgot. You don't know anything about Jehovah's Witnesses.
You obviously don't know BR's situation either.
If there is such a person and he was df'd, it was to encourage him to repent of whatever wrong he was doing.

BR isn't another of your personnas, is it?
Everyone who frequents this forum regularly read beauroberts threads and not one person, not one single cynical person here challenged him on the sincerity of his situation nor his description of it. Except you JWs. You, his own people are the only ones who are accusing him of lying. For me this is most satisfying to be honest because it shows you up in your true light. Cultish, misanthropic, inward, willing to cast out your brother for the sake of the "club". It's sad for Beauroberts I suppose, but good for anyone else who sees you for what you are.

r

Moves
21 Mar 15
1 edit

Everyone who frequents this forum regularly read beauroberts threads and not one person, not one single cynical person here challenged him on the sincerity of his situation nor his description of it. Except you JWs. You, his own people are the only ones who are accusing him of lying. For me this is most satisfying to be honest because it shows you up ...[text shortened]... b". It's sad for Beauroberts I suppose, but good for anyone else who sees you for what you are.
I guess you still haven't read or understood the Scriptures.
Only thing you seem to be good at is name calling and stereotyping based on a lack of knowledge.
And be careful. If we turn away from our Heavenly Father Jehovah who is the Creator and sustainer of our life, how can we survive?
He gave His only begotten son to buy back life for us. What kind of appreciation is it to deny His existence?
We need Jehovah and Christ Jesus to keep living:
(2 John 9-11) Everyone who pushes ahead and does not remain in the teaching of the Christ does not have God. The one who does remain in this teaching is ""the one who has both the Father and the Son."" 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him. 11 For the one who says a greeting to him is a sharer in his wicked works.

(2 Thessalonians 1:6-9) This takes into account that it is righteous on God’s part to repay tribulation to those who make tribulation for you. 7 But you who suffer tribulation will be given relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels 8 in a flaming fire, as he brings ""vengeance on those who do not know God"" and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus. 9 These very ones will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction from before the Lord and from the glory of his strength,

F

Moves
21 Mar 15

And be careful. If we turn away from our Heavenly Father Jehovah who is the Creator and sustainer of our life, how can we survive?
He gave His only begotten son to buy back life for us. What kind of appreciation is it to deny His existence?
Who is it you are claiming has "denied His existence"?