Righteousness in Christ

Righteousness in Christ

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Mar 15
1 edit

Originally posted by roigam
I agree, Your constant taking issue with our beliefs is tiresome and you do not seem to be able to reason on Scripture.
What! The last time you and I exchanged opinion you ducked out - this was the exchange about Jesus being Jehovah's son, also an angel, also a Mighty God and also a saviour alongside Jehovah.

Remember? Oh no, that's right you didn't duck out you forgot because you said you were too old to remember where you posted.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Mar 15

I can find at least 3 Scriptures that indicate Jehovah's remembering those who die.
Me too, but this isn't what you said is it?

You said (twice, so it was deliberate) that Christians were "kept alive in Jehovah's memory". You have no scripture to support this do you?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Mar 15
1 edit

Your constant taking issue with our beliefs is tiresome and you do not seem to be able to reason on Scripture.
I am a denominationally independent Christian who is a vocal critic of your religious organisation, its beliefs and mostly of its practices. Especially shunning and denying others to receive life saving blood. I find the spiritual arrogance of the JWs I've met here to be repellant and yet highly amusing at the same time. I chase you down on points of interest because it amuses me to highlight that those who claim to be the sole holders of God's truth on earth, are so unbelievably wrong!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Mar 15

Originally posted by KingOnPoint
Hey all, RajK included,
Someone in North Carolina sent me an e-mail excerpt below
=====================
To “intend never to sin again in my heart in order to have a proper repentance so that I can be saved” is a great desire to aspire too. The reality is our sinful tendency is to our core! We are all totally depraved.
Ecclesiastes 7:20.

With th ...[text shortened]... eternal life by being holy. Christ is indispensable. Without Christ, there is no eternal life.
Well done, good and faithful servant!

r

Moves
16 Mar 15

Originally posted by divegeester
I am a denominationally independent Christian who is a vocal critic of your religious organisation, its beliefs and mostly of its practices. Especially shunning and denying others to receive life saving blood. I find the spiritual arrogance of the JWs I've met here to be repellant and yet highly amusing at the same time. I chase you down on points of i ...[text shortened]... that those who claim to be the sole holders of God's truth on earth, are so unbelievably wrong!
O. K. I got your picture. I don't think religion is for amusment. Maybe you should try another forum.
btw, since you have not studied the Bible to see what it really says, you are wrong about disfellowshipping and the blood issue.
(1 Corinthians 5:11,13) But now I am writing you to stop keeping company with anyone called a brother who is sexually immoral or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man. 13... “Remove the wicked person from among yourselves.”
(Acts 15:28, 29) For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you except these necessary things: 29 to keep abstaining ... from blood ... If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper.”

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Mar 15

O. K. I got your picture. I don't think religion is for amusment. Maybe you should try another forum.
Are you really this dishonest or just a little dim. I didn't say "religion was for amusement" did I? I said it amuses me to call you JWs out on your errors and spiritual superiority, quite a different thing.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Mar 15

btw, since you have not studied the Bible to see what it really says, you are wrong about disfellowshipping and the blood issue.
You see, there you go again. You assume that because I hold a different view to you that I can't have bothered reading the Bible. I have read the Bible quite a lot and especially around the JW doctrines of disfellowshipment and preventing people from receiving blood transfusions.

There is scripture to support the exclusion of repeated sexual sinners from the church but that isn't what your lot do is it.

Take @beauroberts again for example; here's a man suffering with cancer and has to undergo surgery which will require a blood transfusion. His life is in danger and what does his local fellowship do...kicks him out and tries to come between him and his wife (as she is not excluded). What a wonderful body of religionist cultists you are. Where is the love of Christ in the beauroberts situation.

So don't preach to me mister. Get you own house in order first.

r

Moves
17 Mar 15

You see, there you go again. You assume that because I hold a different view to you that I can't have bothered reading the Bible. I have read the Bible quite a lot and especially around the JW doctrines of disfellowshipment and preventing people from receiving blood transfusions.

There is scripture to support the exclusion of repeated sexual sinners ...[text shortened]... n the beauroberts situation.

So don't preach to me mister. Get you own house in order first.
Adam and Eve were disfellowshipped when they sinned by being put out of the Garden of Eden.
If someone goes against the etiquette of this forum, they are banned.
Does that make it clearer?
If we go against the rules, we are separated.
It should be a wake up call to us to do what's right, to repent, to turn away from our wrong course.
(Acts 3:19) “Repent, therefore, and turn around so as to get your sins blotted out, so that seasons of refreshing may come from Jehovah himself
Suss it out.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Mar 15

Adam and Eve were disfellowshipped when they sinned by being put out of the Garden of Eden.
If someone goes against the etiquette of this forum, they are banned.
Does that make it clearer?
If we go against the rules, we are separated.
It should be a wake up call to us to do what's right, to repent, to turn away from our wrong course.
(Acts 3:19) “Repent, ...[text shortened]... your sins blotted out, so that seasons of refreshing may come from Jehovah himself
Suss it out.
Beauroberts taking a blood transfusion to save his life is NOT a sin, nor is it licence to try to come between him and his wife.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Mar 15

Sonhouse,
Has anyone ever proved that we don't have souls? Where is history has that ever been proven? Do you want to take a chance that you don't have a soul that could be separated from God's love for eternity?

Even Adam was a made a living soul. Adam is our human father.

King James Version
============

Genesis 2: 7
And the LORD Go ...[text shortened]... resurrection of the dead.

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
Genesis 2: 7
And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Man is a living soul. Soul is not some separate entity. It is merely "breath life". When one dies, the soul dies. There is a phrase, "He breathed his last", which is pretty accurate.
Did you know animals have "soul life"?
The soul does not live on in some form, it is gone at death.
The Greek word often translated “soul” is psuchē (#5590 ψυχή; pronounced psoo-kay'😉, and psuchē has a large number of meanings. Any good Greek lexicon will show many of the ways that psuchē can be translated. For example, some of the meanings in the BDAG Greek-English lexicon are: that which animates animal and human life; life; that which possesses life; the person himself; and the seat and center of the inner human life in its many and varied aspects, which includes desires, the seat of enjoyment, and the emotions and feelings. As well as our emotions and feelings, psuchē includes our attitude.

It can be confusing that animal and human life, as well as our emotions, feelings, and attitudes are sometimes called “spirit” and sometimes called “soul,” but that is because “soul” is a type of spirit. “Soul” is the specific type of spirit that animates and gives life to the body. We do not get confused when sometimes a dog is called an “animal” and sometimes it is more narrowly called a “dog,” and we should not get confused when sometimes human life or feelings are sometimes called “spirit” and sometimes more specifically referred to as “soul.”

There are some very common mistakes people make when thinking about soul. One is that people have souls but animals do not. A second is that the soul is immortal. A third is that soul lives on after the body dies such that the person is still alive, but as a soul without a body. A fourth is to think that when “soul” is used in the Bible, it is exclusively (or even primarily) used of the life force of the body.

As to the mistaken belief that humans have a soul but animals do not, both the Hebrew text of the Old Testament and the Greek text of the New Testament make it clear that both humans and animals have “soul” that makes them alive. Sadly, that is not at all clear in the majority of English translations, which do not translate the word “soul” literally in those verses. It is in large part because English versions do not translate “soul” literally from the Greek and Hebrew that the average Christian does not know animals have a soul. Rotherham’s Emphasized Bible often translates “soul” literally when it appears in the Hebrew text. Thus the following verses make it plain that animals have soul as well as man does:

“And God said—Let the waters swarm [with] an abundance of living soul…And God created the great sea-monsters,—and every living soul that moveth—[with] which the waters swarmed after their kind” (Gen. 1:20, 21 Rotherham).
“And God said—Let the land, bring forth, living soul, after its kind, tame-beast and creeping thing and wild-beast of the land, after its kind. And it was so” (Gen. 1:24 Rotherham).
“I have given…to every living thing of the land—and to every bird of the heavens, and to every thing that moveth on the land, wherein is a living soul, every green herb for food” (Gen. 1:29, 30 Rotherham).
“I, therefore, behold me! establishing my covenant with you [Noah],—and with your seed after you; and with every living soul that is with you, of birds, of tame-beasts, and of all wild-beasts of the earth, that are with you,—of all coming forth out of the ark” (Gen. 9:9, 10 Rotherham).
“And if a man takes the life [soul] of any human being, he shall surely be put to death. And the one who takes the life [soul] of an animal shall make it good, life [soul] for life [soul]” (Lev. 24:17, 18 NASB. Even Rotherham has “life” instead of “soul” in this verse, which is understandable since the “soul” refers to the life of the man or animal in these verses).
“and the third of the creatures which were in the sea, which had life [“soul”], died, the third of the ships, was destroyed” (Rev. 8:9 Rotherham; cp. Rev. 16:3).

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
18 Mar 15

Dasa,
You may be thinking about death as non-existence. Consider that death is different than non-existence.

A human body dies, but it still exists for a while. It seems that once a soul is paired with a human body and the connected human body is born into the world, the soul of that born person will "exist" forever. But that doesn't mean that the ...[text shortened]... 11
And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
Your information is incorrect..........it is speculation.

The entire Bible is speculation.

Because it is speculation.............it is correct sometimes and incorrect most of the time.

However the Vedic knowledge is correct 100% of the time and this is why it is the true religion.

Any meat eaters religion must be false.

Because any religion that defends and supports and encourages animal slaughter and cruelty MUST be a false religion because it is guilty by its own actions.

Honest persons practicing true religion are always gentle and kind and merciful and compassionate and would not and cannot take part in animal cruelty and slaughter and consumption.

THIS IS LOGICAL and true..............and only false religion defends animal cruelty and slaughter and consumption.

You cannot deny this.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Mar 15

Originally posted by Dasa
Your information is incorrect..........it is speculation.

The entire Bible is speculation.

Because it is speculation.............it is correct sometimes and incorrect most of the time.

However the Vedic knowledge is correct 100% of the time and this is why it is the true religion.

Any meat eaters religion must be false.

Because any religion that ...[text shortened]... ly false religion defends animal cruelty and slaughter and consumption.

You cannot deny this.
So if you are an atheist vegetarian you are ok in your book, right?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Mar 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
So if you are an atheist vegetarian you are ok in your book, right?
Dasa has said many times that he believes in creation and that Darwin's theory of evolution is hogwash.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Mar 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
Dasa has said many times that he believes in creation and that Darwin's theory of evolution is hogwash.
So? I have said many times that I believe in creation and that Darwin's theory of evolution is one description of how God went about it so that man might still be able to choose freely between God and mammon.

r

Moves
18 Mar 15

Beauroberts taking a blood transfusion to save his life is NOT a sin, nor is it licence to try to come between him and his wife.
You just do not have all the facts.