Righteousness in Christ

Righteousness in Christ

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r

Moves
23 Mar 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Beu Roberts was disfellowshipped for unrepentence, he publicly admitted this. No one is disfellowshipped because of their iniquity. Why you seem unable to grasp this is perhaps willfull ignorance or more evidence of your inability to break free from your delusions. Either way, you simply cannot grasp it. It really is quite beyond you.
Well stated, clear. No JW is df'd because they have in some way sinned. They are df'd because they do not repent of their wrong and are possibly a leavening influence in the Congregation. If they were permitted to continue without repenting they could also give a wrong impression as to what Jehovah requires of us. Ge 9:4; Acts 15:20
We are happy that Jehovah is merciful as any could make a mistake but He is willing to forgive those who repent, even BR.
So what will Dive pick on now?

rc

Moves
23 Mar 15

Originally posted by roigam
Well stated, clear. No JW is df'd because they have in some way sinned. They are df'd because they do not repent of their wrong and are possibly a leavening influence in the Congregation. If they were permitted to continue without repenting they could also give a wrong impression as to what Jehovah requires of us. Ge 9:4; Acts 15:20
We are happy that Jehovah ...[text shortened]... mistake but He is willing to forgive those who repent, even BR.
So what will Dive pick on now?
I cannot say what he will attempt next, he's very unsteady in all his ways. I once asked him how many person have been removed from his church for wrongdoing in accordance with the Bibles command to remove unrepentant persons from the midst of the congregation. He was rather vague to say the least.

ENGLAND

Moves
23 Mar 15

So what exactly was beauroberts unrepentant of?

ENGLAND

Moves
23 Mar 15

Either of you...??

ENGLAND

Moves
23 Mar 15
1 edit

Never mind the PMing to get aligned, just say your piece, we are all friends here.

ENGLAND

Moves
23 Mar 15

Helloooo....

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Mar 15

Beu Roberts was disfellowshipped for unrepentence, he publicly admitted this. No one is disfellowshipped because of their iniquity. Why you seem unable to grasp this is perhaps willfull ignorance or more evidence of your inability to break free from your delusions. Either way, you simply cannot grasp it. It really is quite beyond you.
"Unrepentance" or "iniquity".

You claim the man sinned because he took a life-saving blood transfusion. There is NO "unrepentance" here because there is NO sin.

It is YOU and your manifest erring and twisting of God's Word that has "condemned" this man, NOT God. No sin, no condemnation and therefore no repentance needed. YOUR church disfellowshipped him for the denial of his sin, the sin YOU, not God, proclaim in error, and therefore the SUPREME sin of denying his church. And THAT is why he was disfellowshipped. For denying his church. Not denying God. All because of your twisted, man-made dogma.

If anyone is guilty here of willful ignorance, it is YOU and your church. That you use this twisted dogma to make yourselves feel proud for nearly destroying this man's life and the attempt to destroy his family, is more than enough to convince me of YOUR sin.

And yeah, in this case, I'm quite glad this is beyond me, too.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Mar 15
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
So what exactly was beauroberts unrepentant of?
The "sin" of "taking blood". According to the twisted, man-made dogma of the JWs.

You really should make an effort to pay attention while in class. 😵

(BTW, who IS that guy in your avatar? It's been driving me nuts.)

ENGLAND

Moves
23 Mar 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
"Unrepentance" or "iniquity".

You claim the man sinned because he took a life-saving blood transfusion. There is NO "unrepentance" here because there is NO sin.

It is YOU and your manifest erring and twisting of God's Word that has "condemned" this man, NOT God. No sin, no condemnation and therefore no repentance needed. YOUR church disfellowshippe ...[text shortened]... gh to convince me of YOUR sin.

And yeah, in this case, I'm quite glad this is beyond me, too.
Im pretty sure robbie carrobie has said on several occasions that the recieving of blood is a matter of personal conscience. So how can it be a sin if it's a matter conscience?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Mar 15

Im pretty sure robbie carrobie has said on several occasions that the recieving of blood is a matter of personal conscience. So how can it be a sin if it's a matter conscience?
All that is, is waffling. Not much is below him, apparently.

ENGLAND

Moves
23 Mar 15

The "sin" of "taking blood". According to the twisted, man-made dogma of the JWs.

You really should make an effort to pay attention while in class. 😵

(BTW, who IS that guy in your avatar? It's been driving me nuts.)
I just wanted to get them to say it. Interesting that they will not, don't you think?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 Mar 15

I just wanted to get them to say it. Interesting that they will not, don't you think?
They're kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. If they hold everyone accountable to the weird variety of "sins" their weird version of the Bible concocts, then they may be in danger of losing a good portion of their "flock" to common sense. By calling it "a matter of conscience", they keep those people and at the same time, they can disrupt people's lives for their "unrepentance".

ENGLAND

Moves
23 Mar 15

They're kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. If they hold everyone accountable to the weird variety of "sins" their weird version of the Bible concocts, then they may be in danger of losing a good portion of their "flock" to common sense. By calling it "a matter of conscience", they keep those people and at the same time, they can disrupt people's lives for their "unrepentance".
I agree, however roigam and Galveston75 have stated that not taking blood is a command of Jehovah and not therefore open to personal conscience. Robbie carrobie has never said this. roigam's attitude is very Galvestonesque, lots of pleasantries but actually a hard-liner. Robbie is full of piss and wind but I suspect a little less ridgid. Just my perception.

F

Moves
24 Mar 15

Originally posted by roigam
If they were permitted to continue without repenting they could also give a wrong impression as to what Jehovah requires of us. Genesis 9:4; Acts 15:20
Genesis 9:4 is about never eating meat that hasn't had the blood drained from it [does Mosaic Law still apply to Jehovah's Witnesses? robbie carrobie has stated many times that it does not apply to Christians] ~ so there's nothing about blood transfusions being "sin" in Genesis 9:4. As for Acts 15:20, it's about pagan rituals and animal blood sacrifice ~ so there's nothing about blood transfusions being "sin" there either.

F

Moves
24 Mar 15

Beu Roberts was disfellowshipped for unrepentence, he publicly admitted this. No one is disfellowshipped because of their iniquity.
This is the kind of sophistry that has had lawyers held in contempt since time immemorial.