Prayer & being between a rock and a hard place

Prayer & being between a rock and a hard place

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jan 22

@fmf said
What I am "arguing" is that your stance ~ that the certainty of atheists regarding what they believe [or not believe] is "nonsensical and absurd" ~ has no bearing whatsoever on how certain about their beliefs.
I can’t understand this word salad. Maybe edit it?

F

Moves
04 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
To acknowledge your atheism might be in error - even if the chance of it being in error is only 0.01%
Well, when put to the test, my lack of belief proved to be robust and sincere. In that hospital room, I was thinking about my wife's condition and not about Jesus.

Moves
04 Jan 22

@PB1022
I'm guessing you are lonely and isolated, because people with good social networks don't spend so much time bothering other people on the internet. Wouldn't you agree?

Instead of telling other people they have the wrong thoughts in their heads, why don't you try to get along, perhaps cultivate beneficial relationships with these people you seem to despise?

F

Moves
04 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I can’t understand this word salad. Maybe edit it?
What I am "arguing" is that your stance ~ that the certainty of atheists regarding what they believe [or not believe] is "nonsensical and absurd" ~ has no bearing whatsoever on how certain they are about their beliefs.

F

Moves
04 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
You realize your position is busted and you’re trying to change the subject.
Not at all. Linking your perspective on a lack of belief - and on the need for an atheist to engage in "heartfelt" prayer - to sonship's "mouth worship" ideology is not a change of subject.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jan 22

@kevin-eleven said
@PB1022
I'm guessing you are lonely and isolated, because people with good social networks don't spend so much time bothering other people on the internet. Wouldn't you agree?

Instead of telling other people they have the wrong thoughts in their heads, why don't you try to get along, perhaps cultivate beneficial relationships with these people you seem to despise?
I don’t despise anyone.

And you seem to spend as much time, if not more, than I do on the Internet, and your time in here is mostly spent trolling and insulting people.

I’m trying to have - and I think succeeding in having - thought-provoking discussions.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jan 22

@fmf said
What I am "arguing" is that your stance ~ that the certainty of atheists regarding what they believe [or not believe] is "nonsensical and absurd" ~ has no bearing whatsoever on how certain they are about their beliefs.
Sure it does.

Because any intelligent person knows his feelings can be wrong and knows the existence of God cannot logically be disproven.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Jan 22

@fmf said
Well, when put to the test, my lack of belief proved to be robust and sincere. In that hospital room, I was thinking about my wife's condition and not about Jesus.
Why were/are you so concerned about your lack of belief? And why did your lack of belief trump everything else in that hospital room?

Moves
04 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I don’t despise anyone.

And you seem to spend as much time, if not more, than I do on the Internet, and your time in here is mostly spent trolling and insulting people.

I’m trying to have - and I think succeeding in having - thought-provoking discussions.
Your mind seems to focus on the occlusions and the condensations.

You have as much choice as you have.

F

Moves
04 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Because any intelligent person knows his feelings can be wrong and knows the existence of God cannot logically be disproven.
Your opinion, that the certainty of atheists regarding what they do not believe is somehow a function of how "intelligent" they are, has no bearing on how certain they actually are.

F

Moves
04 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
And why did your lack of belief trump everything else in that hospital room?
It didn't.

F

Moves
04 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Why were/are you so concerned about your lack of belief?
It's more a case of whether or not lack of belief is an interesting topic on a Spirituality Forum.

The OP question is: Have any of the agnostics or atheists on this forum ever had their lack [or loss] of belief tested?

No one has addressed this question, but that's OK. I have started many a thread that posed a question that didn't get any traction.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Jan 22

@fmf said
What is the point of prayer without faith?
Psalm 51:17
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

F

Moves
04 Jan 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Psalm 51:17
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
What is the point of someone praying to the Christian God when they do not believe in the Christian God ?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Jan 22

@kevin-eleven said
@PB1022

Projection much.