Planet of Sorrows

Planet of Sorrows

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Sep 17

Originally posted by @chaney3
You, like dive, are a fake Christian.

You know the words of the Bible, but like dive, you don't practice it.

Rajk...fake.
Dive...fake.
FMF.....fake.
Again, all those posters have much more credibility in their pinky fingers than you do ...

You are an embaressment and you have no clue about it either.
Ignorance is bliss and I guess thats one way of getting through to death without engaging in any real, potentially life changing activities that you still have the choice to make.
Since you're giving out free advice here's some for you : please be more considerate of others

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Sep 17

Originally posted by @fmf
OK, well you are marking out space for interesting discussion. But what slant of "sorrows" do have more in mind: depression (in perhaps a clinical sense), depression (in a more armchair-anecdotal sense: discontent, being fed up, dissatisfied, unfulfilled hopes and expectations, the trials and tribulations of poverty, deprivation, lack of freedom? Can you isolate one strand of "sorrows" so we can nut that out, then maybe move on to other strands?
In my way of thinking we are born into this planet with the opportunity to re-connect with our original natures' .
So there is Sorrow lurking behind every ignorant human action.

Eastern philosophy says to attack the roots and not the branches ,which grow back.
So that is a holistic idea that employs mindfullness and compassion amongst other things.
The form which your sorrow may take could be anything, but it comes from the same source, ie. our separation from 'true selves'

I dont know anyone who can answer who they are in a satisfactory manner.

My answer: I'm a sound-light vibration masquerading as human on this planet at this time.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Sep 17

Do you think chaney3 is an example of a person who is beset or even overwhelmed by the kind of "sorrows" you have in mind on this thread? An extreme example perhaps, with his substance abuse and the impact it has on his ability to interact with common decency, but is he perhaps a victim/exemplar of "sorrows"?
Yes I do.
Sorrows come from divisiveness and chaney3 goes for that everytime, even when referencing the bible.

F

Moves
04 Sep 17

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
I dont know anyone who can answer who they are in a satisfactory manner.
Give me a moment, I'm building up to it. 😛

F

Moves
04 Sep 17

Eastern philosophy says to attack the roots and not the branches ,which grow back.
So that is a holistic idea that employs mindfullness and compassion amongst other things.
The form which your sorrow may take could be anything, but it comes from the same source, ie. our separation from 'true selves'
As a matter of interest, what would be your comparable thumb nail summary of whatever you think is the alternative to "Eastern philosophy" ~ "Western philosophy"? ~ and to be fair to it, put a positive light-shedding spin on it for the purposes of comparison

F

Moves
04 Sep 17

I think for untold numbers of people, their religious beliefs provide an antidote to the 'condition' (I think) you're talking about. Not only Christianity but beliefs rooted in other religious traditions too. I know many Muslims here, for instance, who seem to be in touch with themselves thanks to the framework their beliefs give them. Do you accept that this is so (or that you have maybe witnessed it yourself in religious people around you)? I am not proposing that it is THE antidote to "sorrows", just that it can and does fulfil that role for some.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
04 Sep 17

Originally posted by @chaney3
No hell?

Is everyone saved?

Or....where do bad people go?
There are no bad people.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Sep 17

As a matter of interest, what would be your comparable thumb nail summary of whatever you think is the alternative to "Eastern philosophy" ~ "Western philosophy"? ~ and to be fair to it, put a positive light-shedding spin on it for the purposes of comparison
Like Christianity?
Jesus was a great example on how to live righteously.
I dont believe mainstream Christianity goes far enough. Unlike the Gnostics for example.

We're all climbing the same mountain and this is a psychological aspect of spirituality that is not realized by many Christians.

I find Eastern religions, like Hinduism, more inclusive and less preachy. In fact most decent gurus wont preach at all unless asked.
The role of authority lies strictly with the individual with Eastern thought whereas we are asked to bow to the authority of a man-like god in Christianity.
These differences are huge for me

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Sep 17

I think for untold numbers of people, their religious beliefs provide an antidote to the 'condition' (I think) you're talking about. Not only Christianity but beliefs rooted in other religious traditions too. I know many Muslims here, for instance, who seem to be in touch with themselves thanks to the framework their beliefs give them. Do you accept that this i ...[text shortened]... osing that it is THE antidote to "sorrows", just that it can and does fulfil that role for some.
The Sufis have been a wonderful source of inspiration for me.
Taken the right way any decent system of psychology provides a framework for positivity for many who take it the right way

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
04 Sep 17

Originally posted by @avalanchethecat
There are no bad people.
I agree. There is only ignorance.
And so we reap the karma of our ignorance.
After all what is life for?
Enlightenment is not a 2 week meditation getaway. It's about your entire life, usually starting with the acceptance of this mortal body.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Sep 17
2 edits

Whether you believe the E.T.'s or not I think the stories are intriguing .
On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best) , Earth has been rated a 3. (Planets with sentient life)
So there are worse but I can help but agree with this assesment.
We are a planet of sorrows, that's why so many people feel we need to be more positive and understanding of oth ...[text shortened]... sewhere.
Why? because it's illegal, nothing to do with the facts.

questions? Suggestions?
I can't help wondering if the phrase "Planet of Sorrows" was unconsciously influenced by the phrase " a man of sorrows" from Isaiah 53:3 which is a prophesy about Christ the Suffering Servant Messiah.

"He was despised and forsaken of men, a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief...." (Isaiah 53 v.3a)

The man of sorrows came to save the planet of sorrows.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Sep 17

I'm a realist. Call a spade a spade.
But I have a positive outlook.

Does that not make sense?
Not really.

In which century [from the dawn of mankind to now] would you rather live, if you could? My answer to that is that is no other than the present one. Thats the view of the realist .. the view that even though we have a long way to go as a people, we have come a long way also and have made drastic improvements in the last century.

As for positive, things can only get better. This thing about NK v the US and other petty skirmishes are childs-play compared to the kind of wars and mass killings that have gone by in centuries past.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Sep 17

Whether you believe the E.T.'s or not I think the stories are intriguing .
On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best) , Earth has been rated a 3. (Planets with sentient life)
So there are worse but I can help but agree with this assesment.
We are a planet of sorrows, that's why so many people feel we need to be more positive and understanding of oth ...[text shortened]... sewhere.
Why? because it's illegal, nothing to do with the facts.

questions? Suggestions?
Interesting take on the subject.

You might have heard that the term in the Bible for the last 3.5 years of the Tribulation is "The Great Tribulation", But did you know that the term for the first 3.5 years of the Tribulation is "The Beginning of Sorrows"?

Nice tie-in with your post. Yes, indeed, we are becoming a "Planet of Sorrows". The gap between the haves and the have-nots has never been wider and the rich just keep getting richer while the poor just get poorer. I keep thinking that some country is going to start to pull us out of the greed spiral and other countries will join in, but I just don't see this happening, and the chances of it happening get less and less every year, as the greed and the "love of money" grows in power.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Sep 17

Suzianne has predicted the 'end times' will happen in her lifetime. Both her and sonship hope it happens sooner rather than later.

Hoping for an event that will see the annihilation of billions and billions of non-Christian lives - men women and children - has always struck me as profoundly misanthropic and impotent.

I wonder if their superstitious beli ...[text shortened]... They won't be drawn on that question, despite my repeated efforts to make them think about it.
This is what I call you out on every chance I get. And that is your lies regarding this and how YOU claim I "feel" about it, not based on anything resembling fact, but on your OWN perverted views of my personality, which you just don't like because I do not hesitate to speak up when I disagree with your OWN "misanthropic" imagination.

All this is mere flailing on your part and has zero resemblance to fact. I'm just guessing that you're a truly horrible person if this is how you lie about people who merely hold a different opinion than your own comedic egoism.

F

Moves
04 Sep 17

Originally posted by @suzianne
Suzianne has predicted the 'end times' will happen in her lifetime. Both her and sonship hope it happens sooner rather than later.
Originally posted by @suzianne

This is what I call you out on every chance I get. And that is your lies regarding this and how YOU claim I "feel" about it, not based on anything resembling fact, but on your OWN perverted views of my personality, which you just don't like because I do not hesitate to speak up when I disagree with your OWN "misanthropic" imagination.

All this is mere flailing on your part and has zero resemblance to fact. I'm just guessing that you're a truly horrible person if this is how you lie about people who merely hold a different opinion than your own comedic egoism.

So are you saying that you have never suggested that you believe the 'end' will come in your lifetime? And that you have never said that you feel the sooner the better?