Planet of Sorrows

Planet of Sorrows

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
04 Sep 17

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Sep 17

Originally posted by @fmf
Go take a nap on the sofa.
The bar where he is at does not have a sofa. 😀

c

Moves
04 Sep 17

Originally posted by @rajk999
The bar where he is at does not have a sofa. 😀
FU too!!

F

Moves
04 Sep 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @divegeester
If the rhp JW contingent weren't extinct, so to speak, I'm sure they would pounce on this as further evidence that the end of the world was coming ...at one of their predicted dates, preferably one of the ones in the future.
There are 'doomsday' regular Christians here, aside from the JWs. Suzianne has predicted the 'end times' will happen in her lifetime. Both her and sonship hope it happens sooner rather than later.

Hoping for an event that will see the annihilation of billions and billions of non-Christian lives - men women and children - has always struck me as profoundly misanthropic and impotent.

I wonder if their superstitious beliefs feed them this or whether they were drawn to the religious beliefs because of pre-existing feelings of misanthropy and impotence. They won't be drawn on that question, despite my repeated efforts to make them think about it.

I anticipate karoly's definition of "sorrows" so we can talk about "solutions" in a way that is in keeping with the spirit of his OP.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Sep 17

He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Isaiah 53:3

The entire passage is a favourite of mine and quite powerful I think.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Sep 17

Originally posted by @chaney3
FU too!!
I think you need a break from the forum for a while.

c

Moves
04 Sep 17

He is despised and rejected of men; [b]a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

The entire passage is a favourite of mine and quite powerful I think.[/b]
No hell?

Is everyone saved?

Or....where do bad people go?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Sep 17

Originally posted by @fmf
There are 'doomsday' regular Christians here, aside from the JWs. Suzianne has predicted the 'end times' will happen in her lifetime. Both her and sonship hope it happens sooner rather than later.

Hoping for an event that will see the annihilation of billions and billions of non-Christian lives - men women and children - has always struck me as profoundly m ...[text shortened]... sorrows" so we can talk about "solutions" in a way that is in keeping with the spirit of his OP.
I find that it is only possible to look forward (with yearning if you like) to whatever the end times are, if one dispenses with the notion of eternal suffering. But even then the bible predicts very turbulent times for society.

c

Moves
04 Sep 17

I think you need a break from the forum for a while.
I think you and your pet FMF should stick to the topics, and mind your own business.

It's clear that you and FMF think you OWN rhp and all forums.

A joke.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Sep 17

FU too!!
That must be Japanese. I think it means something like God speed.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Sep 17

He is despised and rejected of men; [b]a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

The entire passage is a favourite of mine and quite powerful I think.[/b]
Mine too

c

Moves
04 Sep 17

Originally posted by @rajk999
That must be Japanese. I think it means something like God speed.
You, like dive, are a fake Christian.

You know the words of the Bible, but like dive, you don't practice it.

Rajk...fake.
Dive...fake.
FMF.....fake.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Sep 17
1 edit

No hell?

Is everyone saved?

Or....where do bad people go?
I don't really know.

What I do know is that suggesting that the person described by Isaiah in the passage I clipped, who could be that humble, obedient and long-suffering just out of love for the people of the earth; but could also have previously concieved of created and maintained a place to eternally torture billions of these people who he is currently saving though his sacrifice, is not in any way coherent. Let alone its morally bankruptcy.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
04 Sep 17

You, like dive, are a fake Christian.

You know the words of the Bible, but like dive, you don't practice it.

Rajk...fake.
Dive...fake.
FMF.....fake.
People's failings don't make them fakes any more than your behaviour in here makes you fake. It's not a good argument and you would be best off just dropping it.

c

Moves
04 Sep 17

I don't really know.

What I do know is that suggesting that the person described by Isaiah in the passage I clipped, who could be that humble, obedient and long-suffering just out of love for the people of the earth; but could also have previously concieved of created and maintained a place to eternally torture billions of these people who he is currently saving though his sacrifice, is not in any way coherent. Let alone morally bankrupt.
So....no hell??

Are you saying everyone goes to Heaven??

If so, why bother believing in Jesus??

Radical dive.