Of what worth is your God?

Of what worth is your God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Jan 19

@fmf said
Don't you believe you are going to "earn" your way into "God's Kingdom" by virtue of your belief in Jesus ["regardless of merit", regardless of how "wicked and evil" you insist you are] ~ whereas people like me deserve to be tortured for our lack of belief in all this? How does this make any moral sense?
I am not earning my way in, I told you it isn’t on merits but grace.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Jan 19

@fmf said
There may be something you call "following Satan in his rebellion against God" that appeals to your imagination but I don't believe your torturer god exists and I don't believe "Satan" exists. Trotting out your mythology/dogma does not constitute an answer to the questions you were ostensibly responding to.
And?

F

Moves
29 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
And?
Why not answer the questions?

F

Moves
29 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
Of course you are: you are seeking to earn your way to everlasting life with convoluted misanthropic groupist doubleplusgoodthink.

T

Moves
29 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
The fact is that it's "grace" with a condition. Only those who meet that condition, merit grace. Those who do not meet that condition, do not merit grace.

If it were truly grace without merit, there wouldn't be any conditions.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Jan 19

@fmf said
There may be something you call "following Satan in his rebellion against God" that appeals to your imagination but I don't believe your torturer god exists and I don't believe "Satan" exists. Trotting out your mythology/dogma does not constitute an answer to the questions you were ostensibly responding to.
What KellyJay, sonship, SecondJosephw et al seem to not understand is that their particular brand of salvation (their version of God as I sometimes call it) simply doesn't make sense to the informed thinking seeker.

F

Moves
29 Jan 19
1 edit

@divegeester said
What KellyJay, sonship, SecondJosephw et al seem to not understand is that their particular brand of salvation (their version of God as I sometimes call it) simply doesn't make sense to the informed thinking seeker.
Judging by some of his threads and some things he talks about, sonship's "ministry" away from here might often involve him preying on vulnerable or weakminded people ~ victims he tries to bully, perhaps with his self-sanctified "biblical" abuse.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Jan 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
If you, and in fact any person, has absolutely nothing to do with your salvation, then why should those who are not saved be blamed for not being saved and end up being burnt alive for eternity?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Jan 19

If God is sovereign in salvation, then he is to blame for those not making it.

If there is "choice" then those who "choose" are accomplices in their salvation and by default receive that salvation through an element of merit, the "choice".

You cannot have it both ways, and when you add in eternal torture the whole erroneous construct falls down.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Jan 19
1 edit

@fmf said
Of course you are: you are seeking to earn your way to everlasting life with convoluted misanthropic groupist doubleplusgoodthink.
Your lack of understanding is amazing

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Jan 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
What is “amazing” is your hubris and refusal to accept that the notion of a god who tortures people alive for eternity for not believing in him, is nonsensical, amoral, biblically incoherent and a blocker to people entering the Christian Faith.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Jan 19

@thinkofone said
The fact is that it's "grace" with a condition. Only those who meet that condition, merit grace. Those who do not meet that condition, do not merit grace.

If it were truly grace without merit, there wouldn't be any conditions.
You are mistaken there is the narrow path, the door, which is Jesus Christ salvation is in Him. Then the relationship begins with Him as Lord. I guess you missed that part of your life as a Christian, or not who knows?

F

Moves
29 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
This is mere deflection.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29 Jan 19

@fmf said
So you're just using those concepts (that you don't believe in) merely to "run him down". And this is "principle" for you?

F

Moves
30 Jan 19

@suzianne said
So you're just using those concepts (that you don't believe in) merely to "run him down". And this is "principle" for you?
If you think discussion of his beliefs makes him look bad in some way, that's a matter for you.