1. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    27 Jan '19 11:32
    Here is your oportunity to explain, highlight or justify your particular god’s actions.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jan '19 12:07
    @velns said
    Here is your oportunity to explain, highlight or justify your particular god’s actions.
    God has given us salvation from our sins based upon mercy, not merit.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '19 13:18
    @kellyjay said
    God has given us salvation from our sins based upon mercy, not merit.
    Is there no merit in not "sinning"?
  4. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    27 Jan '19 13:50
    @velns said
    upon taking no action,
    all things are done...
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    27 Jan '19 14:08
    @velns said
    Existence is God; therefore, the author of existence is good, and the whole of the universe is glorious.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jan '19 21:174 edits
    For actions. God creating time - for starters.

Hugh Ross - Beyond the Cosmos: How Science Reveals God's Trans-Dimensional Power

YouTube

(I hesitate on fully endorsing all of his theological thoughts as I have some reservations here and there. )
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jan '19 22:381 edit
    @fmf said
    Is there no merit in not "sinning"?
    Show me anyone who has "not sinned".

And you call yourself a pragmatist.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Jan '19 22:56
    @suzianne said
    Show me anyone who has "not sinned".

And you call yourself a pragmatist.
    I said nothing about anyone who has "not sinned". In response to what KellyJay posted, I asked "Is there no merit in not "sinning"?" The question is about the word "merit".
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 01:02
    @fmf said
    I said nothing about anyone who has "not sinned". In response to what KellyJay posted, I asked "Is there no merit in not "sinning"?" The question is about the word "merit".
    Yes but do you know anyone who has lived a sinless life?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 02:37
    @kellyjay said
    That isn't what I am asked you about. According to your beliefs about "sin", is there merit in not "sinning"? You believe you are "saved" by your god figure and that you are "saved" regardless of "merit".
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 02:40
    Suzianne and KellyJay, there either is merit in not "sinning" [when one could] or there is not merit in not "sinning".
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 02:45
    @kellyjay said
    I don't know anyone who both believes in "sin" and believes that they don't "sin". If there were a person who did not "sin", could that be described as of "merit"?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 03:15
    @fmf said
    That isn't what I am asked you about. According to your beliefs about "sin", is there merit in not "sinning"? You believe you are "saved" by your god figure and that you are "saved" regardless of "merit".
    Yes any of us can go to God for His mercy regardless of our merits, because all of us do not deserve His mercy. We are all sinners and totally undeserving of God’s grace. Yet Christ laid down His life for us due to God’s love for us, not because we were worthy.

You should know this!
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 03:17
    @fmf said
    I don't know anyone who both believes in "sin" and believes that they don't "sin". If there were a person who did not "sin", could that be described as of "merit"?
    Standing before God all doubts and confusion will be removed as well as excuses.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '19 03:20
    @kellyjay said
    Yes any of us can go to God for His mercy regardless of our merits, because all of us do not deserve His mercy. We are all sinners and totally undeserving of God’s grace. Yet Christ laid down His life for us due to God’s love for us, not because we were worthy.
    I am asking you a very straightforward question: Is there no merit in not "sinning"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree