Of what worth is your God?

Of what worth is your God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
04 Feb 19

@secondson said
Those are practical matters that certainly deserve our utmost attention.

But it's not the "big picture". It's the micro view. The macro view is the concern over ones eternal destiny. We're not here debating about whether we need more hospitals and better nutrition for all. That's a given.

We're debating about the bigger picture with regards to eternal life, or the loss of it.
I'll leave the notion of "eternal destiny" to religionists. If pondering it and pinning hopes on it helps them navigate the vicissitudes of life, they should just go ahead and debate it with other religionists.

F

Moves
04 Feb 19

@kellyjay said
Evil is going to be wiped out in judgment, anyone who does evil is a evil doer. All of us have sinned, and all of us are facing Hell, if we are without salvation. You have asked this before, and you should have known the answer being a backsliding Christian. It is before you and everyone else.
Does everybody deserves to be tormented in burning flames for eternity?

F

Moves
04 Feb 19

@secondson said
We're not here debating about whether we need more hospitals and better nutrition for all.
I am not looking to "debate" hospitals with you. I was merely responding to the pessimism and misanthropy that augments your superstitions.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Feb 19

@fmf said
It would seem that, whether or not you unequivocally agree with the statement "Every human being deserves to be tormented in burning flames for eternity after they die" [which I got from other Christians here and am now putting to you] is something you wish to keep secret.
There's no secret FMF. The Bible is clear about the fate of both the saved and the lost. I've expounded on it extensively in these threads.

I know what it is you're dying to hear me say, but it's not about what I say. It's about what the Word of God says.

I'll stick to the narrative rather than produce some grisly details about what it's like in a lake of fire. Some people assume too much, others too little. I've never been to the lake of fire, nor will I ever. All I really know is that it is the eternal place of the damned. That's what the Bible teaches, and I believe the Bible because in it I find the Words of eternal life.

Jesus is The Life. Without Him there is no life.

Know Jesus, know life. No Jesus, no life.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Feb 19

@fmf said
I'll leave the notion of "eternal destiny" to religionists. If pondering it and pinning hopes on it helps them navigate the vicissitudes of life, they should just go ahead and debate it with other religionists.
Then stop talking about it.

F

Moves
04 Feb 19

@secondson said
There's no secret FMF. The Bible is clear about the fate of both the saved and the lost. I've expounded on it extensively in these threads.

I know what it is you're dying to hear me say, but it's not about what I say. It's about what the Word of God says.

I'll stick to the narrative rather than produce some grisly details about what it's like in a lake of fire. Some p ...[text shortened]... fe.

Jesus is The Life. Without Him there is no life.

Know Jesus, know life. No Jesus, no life.
So you still won't answer?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Feb 19

@fmf said
I am not looking to "debate" hospitals with you. I was merely responding to the pessimism and misanthropy that augments your superstitions.
That's an odd perspective considering that most hospitals are built by and funded by those you label as pessimistic and misanthropic.

Your world view is twisted because you're overly biased and prejudiced, making it you that is the one who is pessimistic and misanthropic.

You need reality rather than that religious agnostic atheism you cling to.

By the way, agnostic is taken from the Latin word that means ignoramus.

F

Moves
04 Feb 19

@secondson said
Then stop talking about it.
As ever, my interest lies in the moral issues that arise from the distortion of intrgrity and intellect when religious people make superstitious assertions related to "eternal life".

F

Moves
04 Feb 19
1 edit

@secondson said
That's an odd perspective considering that most hospitals are built by and funded by those you label as pessimistic and misanthropic.
Thankfully not all religious people I encounter are like the ones I encounter here.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Feb 19

@fmf said
So you still won't answer?
Amos 8:11,12
Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:
And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.

I told you, but you just can't hear it.

F

Moves
04 Feb 19

@secondson said
Your world view is twisted because you're overly biased and prejudiced, making it you that is the one who is pessimistic and misanthropic.
Mmm. I see what you did there.

F

Moves
04 Feb 19

@secondson said
Amos 8:11,12
Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:
And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.

I told you, but you just can't hear it.
A yes or no will suffice.

F

Moves
04 Feb 19

@secondson said
By the way, agnostic is taken from the Latin word that means ignoramus.
I am happy enough to just take my definition of "agnostic atheist" from wikipedia and not go via Latin.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
04 Feb 19

@fmf said
As ever, my interest lies in the moral issues that arise from the distortion of intrgrity and intellect when religious people make superstitious assertions related to "eternal life".
It is you that is superstitious by the way you continuously assert that those of faith are distorted because they believe in the moral authority of the scriptures and seek to live a life that's pleasing to our maker.

Eternal life is a reality. Your disbelief is superstitious because you lack evidence to the contrary. It brings into question the integrity of you own intellect when you assert without a cause the pessimistic and misanthropic accusations leveled against the faithful.

Can you not see how you've contradicted yourself in your last several posts? Out of one side of you mouth you claim to be so concerned with your fellow man, and out of the other you belittle his faith in God and deride the concept of eternal life.

F

Moves
04 Feb 19

@secondson said
It is you that is superstitious by the way you continuously assert that those of faith are distorted because they believe in the moral authority of the scriptures and seek to live a life that's pleasing to our maker.

Eternal life is a reality. Your disbelief is superstitious because you lack evidence to the contrary. It brings into question the integrity of you own intel ...[text shortened]... llow man, and out of the other you belittle his faith in God and deride the concept of eternal life.
By "superstitious" I mean pertaining to a belief in supernatural causality. I am not superstitious.