Of what worth is your God?

Of what worth is your God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Feb 19

@fmf said
I agree with you that Ghost of a Duke's hypothetical made moral sense.
I said it did in a humanistic way.

F

Moves
03 Feb 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I said it did in a humanistic way.
I know you did and I have been asking you for several pages to explain and expand upon what you mean by that.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Feb 19

@fmf said
I know you did and I have been asking you for several pages to explain and expand upon what you mean by that.
Goggle:
The humanistic perspective is an approach to psychology that emphasizes empathy and stresses the good in human behavior. ... In counseling and therapy, this approach allows an psychologist to focus on ways to help improve an individual's self-image or self-actualization - the things that make them feel worthwhile.

In other words a human perspective of what is good and evil.

F

Moves
03 Feb 19

@kellyjay said
Goggle:
The humanistic perspective is an approach to psychology that emphasizes empathy and stresses the good in human behavior. ... In counseling and therapy, this approach allows an psychologist to focus on ways to help improve an individual's self-image or self-actualization - the things that make them feel worthwhile.

In other words a human perspective of what is good and evil.
So, looking at what you Googled, we agree that what Ghost of a Duke said makes moral sense. Where we differ is that you believe it makes moral sense for him to be tortured for eternity for believing people should behave with love and kindness ["stresses the good in human behaviour"] without believing in Jesus. Right?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Feb 19

@fmf said
So, looking at what you Googled, we agree that what Ghost of a Duke said makes moral sense. Where we differ is that you believe it makes moral sense for him to be tortured for eternity for believing people should behave with love and kindness ["stresses the good in human behaviour"] without believing in Jesus. Right?
The truth about evil you have managed to once again over look. Evil creatures are those that do evil things, wicked creatures are those that do wicked things. This means as soon as a single evil and wicked action was done or even contemplated, then the terms good and loving no longer apply to our race.

Another truth you continually over look God is good, righteous, and just so anyone flawed can’t be accepted, so must be rejected without exception. There are no excuses for evil deeds that can be made, so no evil deed will be over looked.

Without Jesus there is no hope when justice is required. Each one will stand and give an account for their lives to God, a single sin makes one a sinner. It is sin that matters between us and God, you have a solution to justify sinners before a Holy God?

F

Moves
03 Feb 19

@kellyjay said
The truth about evil you have managed to once again over look. Evil creatures are those that do evil things, wicked creatures are those that do wicked things. This means as soon as a single evil and wicked action was done or even contemplated, then the terms good and loving no longer apply to our race.

Another truth you continually over look God is good, righteous, and j ...[text shortened]... It is sin that matters between us and God, you have a solution to justify sinners before a Holy God?
The notion that a creator god would reward people who do good and don't do "evil" makes moral sense. That's what Ghost of a Duke suggested, and you and he and I agree on that.

I don't buy into your "Without Jesus there is no hope when justice is required" thing because you have declared yourself "evil" and "wicked" but "saved" anyway on account of belief alone and not morally sound behaviour.

So, your Orwellian/dystopic doubleplusgoodthink [or else face stupendous violence] ideology does not make any moral sense to me, nor - I think - to Ghost of a Duke.

I don't "overlook" your superstitious beliefs; I just think they are morally incoherent.

F

Moves
03 Feb 19

@kellyjay said
Without Jesus there is no hope when justice is required. Each one will stand and give an account for their lives to God, a single sin makes one a sinner. It is sin that matters between us and God, you have a solution to justify sinners before a Holy God?

Another truth you continually over look God is good, righteous, and just so anyone flawed can’t be accepted, so must be rejected without exception. There are no excuses for evil deeds that can be made, so no evil deed will be over looked.

What a ghastly, misanthropic outlook Christianity has given you. Or perhaps you were attracted to it because your misanthropy found an ideological home there.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Feb 19

@fmf said
The notion that a creator god would reward people who do good and don't do "evil" makes moral sense. That's what Ghost of a Duke suggested, and you and he and I agree on that.

I don't buy into your "Without Jesus there is no hope when justice is required" thing because you have declared yourself "evil" and "wicked" but "saved" anyway on account of belief alone and not morally ...[text shortened]... a Duke.

I don't "overlook" your superstitious beliefs; I just think they are morally incoherent.
Good and bad deeds take us to a pass fail judgment. A bad deed is a failure for the total, there is not a sliding scale for righteousness.

F

Moves
04 Feb 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Good and bad deeds take us to a pass fail judgment. A bad deed is a failure for the total, there is not a sliding scale for righteousness.
I don't buy it. You believe your "bad deeds" will not prevent you from enjoying everlasting life because of the ideology you profess. i.e. you think certain stuff is true = you are immortal, regardless of how "evil" and "wicked" you are.

Meanwhile, you believe the "bad deeds" of people who are not members of your religion will bring down upon them stupendous violence and cruelty from an entity they have no reason to believe in.

Your misanthropic, I'm-alright-Jack ideology is an example of human nature at its worst.

I can scarcely imagine a more manmade-sounding god figure than that which lies at the dark heart of the torturer god ideology.

F

Moves
04 Feb 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Good and bad deeds take us to a pass fail judgment.
Both you and sonship have declared yourselves already "saved". Which "good deeds" have already resulted in your "pass judgement"?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Feb 19

@fmf said
Both you and sonship have declared yourselves already "saved". Which "good deeds" have already resulted in your "pass judgement"?
I would have thought even a backslider would know better.

F

Moves
04 Feb 19

@kellyjay said
I would have thought even a backslider would know better.
Are you saying you and sonship haven't declared yourselves already "saved"?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
04 Feb 19

@fmf said
Are you saying you and sonship haven't declared yourselves already "saved"?
You used to believe the gospel, you know the answer if you ever really were a Christian.

F

Moves
04 Feb 19

@kellyjay said
You used to believe the gospel, you know the answer if you ever really were a Christian.
I am asking you about your belief. What do you believe about this? I am asking you. What is your answer?

F

Moves
04 Feb 19

@kellyjay said
Good and bad deeds take us to a pass fail judgment.
Which "good deeds" result in a "pass judgement"?