1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    08 Feb '19 01:27
    @divegeester said
    You play this card from the bottom of your deck so often when you are in a pinch with FMF that it is starting to look dog-eared.
    YOU are a full of chit phony Christian, and an FMF suckup.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Feb '19 01:40
    @secondson said
    What is truly odd is that you seem to think that I or KellyJay don't believe that everyone that rejects the salvation that God offers through faith in Jesus Christ isn't "damned".

That's what the Bible teaches. You should know that considering you claim to have believed what the Bible says for over two decades.
    "Every human being deserves "damnation" and the only way they can be saved is through belief in Jesus' sacrifice and forgiveness"

Rather than deploy a mealy-mouthed double negative and a deflection, why not just be unequivocal? Is the above statement true or false, according to your beliefs?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 10:53
    @secondson said
    What is truly odd is that you seem to think that I or KellyJay don't believe that everyone that rejects the salvation that God offers through faith in Jesus Christ isn't "damned".
    Wut?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 10:551 edit
    @secondson said
    YOU are a full of chit phony Christian, and an FMF suckup.
    Ah there’s the real you, the gentle full of Jesus, spiritually muscular @josephw
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 12:21
    @fmf said
    "Every human being deserves "damnation" and the only way they can be saved is through belief in Jesus' sacrifice and forgiveness"

Rather than deploy a mealy-mouthed double negative and a deflection, why not just be unequivocal? Is the above statement true or false, according to your beliefs?
    That's what the Bible says.

Quit coming off as if you don't know that or that Bible believing Christians don't know that the Bible says that all have sinned and deserve to die the death, and that Jesus paid the debt for our sins and took upon Himself the penalty for sin.

This tact and line of questioning you take is nothing short of duplicitous on your part since you claim to have been a Christian and believed what the Bible taught. You know this stuff, so quit acting as though it's some new revelation that everyone doesn't already know.

One either believes the Bible or one doesn't.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 12:24
    @divegeester said
    Ah there’s the real you, the gentle full of Jesus, spiritually muscular @josephw
    Why don't you quit being a phony and contribute something of substance to the topic of discussion?
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 12:25
    @divegeester said
    Wut?
    A phony reply by a phony Christian.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 12:311 edit
    @secondson said
    That's what the Bible says.
    What's with all the wriggling and deflection then?

KellyJay said that I was twisting the truth when I made the statement that his belief is that "Every human being deserves "damnation" and the only way they can be saved is through belief in Jesus' sacrifice and forgiveness"
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 12:36
    @divegeester said
    Wut?
    It's a peculiar double negative, isn't it?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 13:36
    @secondson said
    Why don't you quit being a phony and contribute something of substance to the topic of discussion?
    Do you mean like calling other posters “ashole” or “pinhead” or “dense” or “weak minded”

Is that the “substance” you are talking about Joseph?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 13:37
    @secondson said
    A phony reply by a phony Christian.
    Your post which I was replying to contain so many double negatives it was incomprehensible. Try to calm down and be less angry and I’m sure you will make more sense.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 16:371 edit
    @secondson said
    Quit coming off as if you don't know that or that Bible believing Christians don't know that the Bible says that all have sinned and deserve to die the death, and that Jesus paid the debt for our sins and took upon Himself the penalty for sin.
    "all have sinned and deserve to die the death"

So where does it mention that one deserves to be tortured for eternity?

Sorry, but "die the death", to me, seems to mean to die, to be dead, to pass away. Yes, we deserve to die at God's hand for our sins, but do we really deserve to be tortured for all eternity? We're told to fear he who can kill both our body and soul in hell. Why isn't this the exact punishment for being found wanting at Judgement? Why the eternal torture?

Do you believe the soul is eternal and cannot be killed by God? Why else burn us alive for eternity? Why not just snuff us out and be done with it? Why call it "the second death" if it does NOT kill us?

I, too, believe in what the Bible says. I just don't believe that our punishment is to burn alive for eternity. And I don't see where it says that in the Bible either. That's reserved for Satan, the Beast, the False Prophet, and all who take the Beast's mark. That's all.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 17:10
    @fmf said
    What's with all the wriggling and deflection then?

KellyJay said that I was twisting the truth when I made the statement that his belief is that "Every human being deserves "damnation" and the only way they can be saved is through belief in Jesus' sacrifice and forgiveness"
    Quote me
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 17:14
    @kellyjay said
    Quote me
    Pages 17 and 18.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Feb '19 17:15
    @fmf said
    Pages 17 and 18.
    I don't ever recall ever saying "Pages 17 and 18" you must have me confused with someone else.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree