No need to be like Christ ?

No need to be like Christ ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
23 Aug 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
another intellectually stifling, banal, predictable and dreary loaded question which contains
a rather plastic and transparent assumption of guilt, turn up the tone, seriously you are
coming across like a braying donkey.
You could just answer the question of course...

rc

Moves
23 Aug 16
3 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
You could just answer the question of course...
I am under no duress to answer any questions and I am far too well versed in logic to
answer ill conceived and not very clever loaded ones. Is this really the best you can do?
really? Clearly your showing is this thread has exposed the kind of content that you
provide and which is supposed to pass for spirituality. I say to you that you are spirituality
empty.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Aug 16

Originally posted by josephw
Try it and see.
Try it with you? You just called someone a liar with no back up. Fat chance.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Aug 16

I have no idea how you derived that from the text because its not readily apparent. The point is and its worth emphasising again and again, if our faith is of no practical value then why have we adopted it?

A mesistic approach to faith is simply to my mind another form of self indulgence. Its all about self, self knowledge, self fulfilment, Jes ...[text shortened]... d was never about self, it was all about self sacrifice as the verses cited clearly demonstrate.
The point is there is no one dominant viewpoint.
The posters here seen to be divided between atheists and Christians- a fair refelction of Western culture,imo
If one was so much more right , eventually everyone should adopt it right? (well,maybe not)

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Aug 16

I have no idea how you derived that from the text because its not readily apparent. The point is and its worth emphasising again and again, if our faith is of no practical value then why have we adopted it?

A mesistic approach to faith is simply to my mind another form of self indulgence. Its all about self, self knowledge, self fulfilment, Jes ...[text shortened]... d was never about self, it was all about self sacrifice as the verses cited clearly demonstrate.
Have you been to a Krsna farm?

Moves
23 Aug 16

I am under no duress to answer any questions and I am far too well versed in logic to
answer ill conceived and not very clever loaded ones. Is this really the best you can do?
really? Clearly your showing is this thread has exposed the kind of content that you
provide and which is supposed to pass for spirituality. I say to you that you are spirituality
empty.
Ok, then just desist in your "robbie jibes" at Very Rusty for his alcoholism.

rc

Moves
23 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Have you been to a Krsna farm?
No but I used to buy them vegetables when I met them on the street. I also purchased a book, 'the higher taste' which was influential in me becoming a vegetarian. I never got a very convincing answer when I pressed them on reincarnation though and concluded that it was illogical and probably false.

rc

Moves
23 Aug 16
4 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Ok, then just desist in your "robbie jibes" at Very Rusty for his alcoholism.
Someone raises a biblical point and asks about it and all you could do was call them a Dick? Please don't offer me any more unsolicited advice, seriously you make me want to vomit.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Aug 16

yeah its an interesting phenomena. I think it has to do with Jewish culture and being seen to be pious. Alcohol is associated with drunkenness and therefore debauchery and immorality which of course is simply nonsense. Italian and French kids are given wine with their meals. Infact in Italy wine is delivered by a tanker and families simply take a l ...[text shortened]... holic are simply two ends of a spectrum and as Christians we are free to enjoy it in moderation.
But not marijuana, which has not had one attributal death

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Aug 16

No but I used to buy them vegetables when I met them on the street. I also purchased a book, 'the higher taste' which was influential in me becoming a vegetarian. I never got a very convincing answer when I pressed them on reincarnation though and concluded that it was illogical and probably false.
They're not good on answers. However the ones in the country are markedly different to fresh recruits from the street.
Theirs is mainly a religion of devotion, hence the lack of many answers.

But the "godidit" account is also reflected in Christianity

F

Moves
23 Aug 16

Originally posted by chaney3
If Jesus drank alcohol...at all, it is quite possible He got drunk. I asked questions about it. If you don't like it...fukk off pussy!!!!
Presumably you want to discuss something, so, what connection are you seeking to make between Jesus drinking wine and your alcoholism?

c

Moves
24 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
Presumably you want to discuss something, so, what connection are you seeking to make between Jesus drinking wine and your alcoholism?
Presumably you could have asked Dive for the reason he "could easily call me a dickhead all day", when asked about Matthew 11:19, but you chose not to. Instead of questioning your buddy, you presumably felt more inclined to use my reply to him, with pieces missing of course, to presumably fit your agenda.

So, presumably, I would be happy to see a direct inquiry from you to your buddy Dive regarding his Christian behavior and words.

I will presumably be awaiting this interrogation. Presumably.

F

Moves
24 Aug 16

Presumably you could have asked Dive for the reason he "could easily call me a dickhead all day", when asked about Matthew 11:19, but you chose not to. Instead of questioning your buddy, you presumably felt more inclined to use my reply to him, with pieces missing of course, to presumably fit your agenda.

So, presumably, I would be happy to see a direct i ...[text shortened]... s Christian behavior and words.

I will presumably be awaiting this interrogation. Presumably.
In what way are you trying to establish a link between Jesus drinking wine and your alcoholism?

c

Moves
24 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
In what way are you trying to establish a link between Jesus drinking wine and your alcoholism?
I think you replied to me by mistake, no worries, I'm sure you have a great lineup of intense questions for Dive ready to go.

P.S. Dive is short for Divegeester, if you are having difficulty finding his posts for questioning. Thanks.

F

Moves
24 Aug 16
1 edit

...I'm sure you have a great lineup of intense questions for Dive ready to go. P.S. Dive is short for Divegeester, if you are having difficulty finding his posts for questioning. Thanks.
I think the kind of responses you provoke are exactly the type of attention you are seeking. But that's just my penny's worth.