New world!!!!

New world!!!!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
08 Jul 12

http://watchtowerdocuments.com/barbara-anderson.html

43 years she was a JW

Manny

rc

Moves
08 Jul 12

Originally posted by menace71
Charles Taze Russell: The Crook

Russell was also sued by the U.S. department of Agriculture in 1911 for falsely claiming that the wheat seeds he was selling would produce 10 times more yield than normal seeds. Of course, they didn't. He sold what he called "miracle wheat" at sixty dollars a bushel to credulous farmers, the fraud being eventually stoppe ...[text shortened]... "International Bible Students' Association." Russell died in 1916.

Manny
You stated the elders are greedy and corrupt and this is what you provide as evidence a one sideded account from 1889 . You are full of crap. How much does a local elder get paid to shepeherd the flock, to teach , to give of his time, absolutely nada because he does it out of love for the brothers and all you can state from your position of ignorance and prejudice is they are greedy and corrupt, you are full of it.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
08 Jul 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
You stated the elders are greedy and corrupt and this is what you provide as evidence a one sideded account from 1889 . You are full of crap. How much does a local elder get paid to shepeherd the flock, to teach , to give of his time, absolutely nada because he does it out of love for the brothers and all you can state from your position of ignorance and prejudice is they are greedy and corrupt, you are full of it.
Well we can look at why Russell got sued.

Manny

rc

Moves
08 Jul 12
2 edits

Well we can look at why Russell got sued.

Manny
So what, you are still full of crap, Russel is not the elders is he. All of the elders of Jehovahs Witnesses are non paid volounteers, thats why you are full of it and let's see how greedy and corrupt your clergy are , shall we take a look at your tv evangelists, your Billy Grahams your Vatican, shall we. Yes indeed you want to see real greed and coruption your churches are full of it. Please tell the forumn what Brother Russell was convicted of Mr Big, not what he was sued for what he was convicted of. Thats why you are full of it.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
09 Jul 12

So what, you are still full of crap, Russel is not the elders is he. All of the elders of Jehovahs Witnesses are non paid volounteers, thats why you are full of it and let's see how greedy and corrupt your clergy are , shall we take a look at your tv evangelists, your Billy Grahams your Vatican, shall we. Yes indeed you want to see real greed and c ...[text shortened]... churches are full of it. Please tell the forumn what Brother Russell was convicted of Mr Big.
I agree mostly all religion is corrupt and they are not my clergy. I agree also that 99% of T.V. evangels are corrupt. No argument. Does not excuse the JW's in any way shape or form.

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
09 Jul 12

So what, you are still full of crap, Russel is not the elders is he. All of the elders of Jehovahs Witnesses are non paid volounteers, thats why you are full of it and let's see how greedy and corrupt your clergy are , shall we take a look at your tv evangelists, your Billy Grahams your Vatican, shall we. Yes indeed you want to see real greed and c ...[text shortened]... d of Mr Big, not what he was sued for what he was convicted of. Thats why you are full of it.
Once again hit a nerve!!!! I notice anytime I bring up the past time of your organizations past you go ape S@#T !!! It because it strikes a nerve because it's true.

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
All I was asking was if he had any evidence that child abuse is any more or less prevalent among members of the Catholic church than it is among the general population, or indeed among members of the JW organisation?
Excuse me..Anyone home???? Lets get the main point here straight. No one is saying an action by anyone much less ones we look to for guidance and especially in a spiritual setting is not terrible.
But did you not get it? 11 compared to over 4K in this country alone?

Try this on for size!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholic_sex_abuse_cases_by_country

So no..none of us are perfect, we all sin, but my gosh look at the numbers and that is sick. And then the question has to be asked, why so many? What is the problen that their religious leaders have this problem?
Just throwing numbers around doesn't explain what the problem is.

Here is a clue....

Matthew 23:25-27
Good News Translation (GNT)

25 How terrible for you, teachers of the Law and Pharisees! You hypocrites! You clean the outside of your cup and plate, while the inside is full of what you have gotten by violence and selfishness.
26 Blind Pharisee! Clean what is inside the cup first, and then the outside will be clean too!
27 How terrible for you, teachers of the Law and Pharisees! You hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look fine on the outside but are full of bones and decaying corpses on the inside.

Cross references:Matthew 23:27 : Matt 23:27; Acts 23:3;

All one has to do is look at these churches they've built for themselves. All that gold and all that grandure. Pretty awesome to look at but that's the outside. We have seen the wickedness that's on the inside.
Perhaps they should consintrate on teaching those priest the differances between right and wrong, instead if "all that glitters."

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Jul 12

I agree mostly all religion is corrupt and they are not my clergy. I agree also that 99% of T.V. evangels are corrupt. No argument. Does not excuse the JW's in any way shape or form.

Manny
Did we ask to be excused and not be accountable for anything that merits that? Huh? Did we?

F

Moves
09 Jul 12

Originally posted by galveston75
But did you not get it? 11 compared to over 4K in this country alone?
Who claims it is only 11 on that wikipedia page?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
09 Jul 12

Did we ask to be excused and not be accountable for anything that merits that? Huh? Did we?
Screw it man I give up.

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Jul 12

Screw it man I give up.

Manny
Bout time as you've backed yourself into a corner. Your'e welcome to come back if you have proof or your accusations...

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
10 Jul 12

Bout time as you've backed yourself into a corner. Your'e welcome to come back if you have proof or your accusations...
I meant I give up for now LOL 🙂 You know the truth of the matter is we are all entitled to believe what we we like. If some want to believe that the earth is flat then so be it. Not to believe in advanced education then so be it.

Manny

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Jul 12
1 edit

you know we have a 'poor', record yet you are unable to state, in this particular
instance whether we have a proper and sound understanding or whether we have not.
Such a stance leads us to the conclusion that you have no idea what a proper
understanding of prophecy is or is not and have simply taken it upon trust, from a third
party source ...[text shortened]... ll, it is the point of
interest, harping on about past failures is irrelevant, to be honest.
http://www.cftf.com/booklets/jwslisten/prophecies.htm

This is from an ex JW.

How do you wish to rationalize this?

If harping on past failures is irrelevant, why would you believe in FUTURE prophesies from the same people?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
10 Jul 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
http://www.cftf.com/booklets/jwslisten/prophecies.htm

This is from an ex JW.

How do you wish to rationalize this?

If harping on past failures is irrelevant, why would you believe in FUTURE prophesies from the same people?
Rutherford built well bought a ranch in the San Diego area because he believed the OT men (Saints) were coming back and that they were going to live on his ranch.

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
10 Jul 12
1 edit

The other thing is which I never pointed out fully is that the founder of the JW religion was into pyramidology. Believed that he could foretell the end of the world by the great pyramid at Giza. I don't know if Jehovah would approve LOL

Manny