New world!!!!

New world!!!!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jul 12

Originally posted by divegeester
Although FMF has already pointed this out I feel entitled to also as it was me (amoungst others) robbie carrobie was refering to as posting "tabloid journalism" and of being an exponent of what he called "the feindish machinations -- of these forum stalkers"; albeit in his [i]reply-to-someone-else-as-I'm-ignoring-apostates-(especially divegeester and FMF ...[text shortened]... u agree with robbie?

Or are you going to try to dodge and deflect the subject again?
I was asked this question by FMF. Not because of this question, but I will not be responding to him for questions that I can tell will become never ending with me trying to answer him forever. I'm tired of getting trapped into his circular questions.
Just my option and I have the right to do that, right?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
08 Jul 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
Everyone will make up their own mind about whether or not lying was involved. There is a stark difference between

- what was prophesied before 1914 and what was prophesied after the 1914 prophesy failed

- what they actually said prior to 1914 and what they said they said prior to 1914

Of course you can have a different spin on what transpired.
...[text shortened]... fiasco in a nice simple format

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/failed-1914-predictions.php
Governments overthrown

Studies In the Scriptures Series II - The Time Is at Hand (1889) pp.77, 78 claimed seven things would happen in 1914. Not one of these eventuated. The following statements are extracted from that list;

1. "the disintegration of the rule of imperfect men. at that date the Kingdom of God, for which our Lord taught us to pray, saying, "Thy Kingdom come," will begin to assume control, and that it will then shortly be "set up," or firmly established, in the earth, on the ruins of present institutions."
2. He whose right it is thus to take the dominion will then be present as earth's new Ruler; and not only so, but it will also prove that he will be present for a considerable period before that date;
3. the last member of the divinely recognized Church of Christ, the "royal priesthood," "the body of Christ," will beglorified with the Head;
4. Jerusalem shall no longer be trodden down
5. Israel's blindness will begin to be turned away
6. the great "time of trouble such as never was since there was a nation," will reach its culmination in a world-wide reign of anarchy
7. It will prove that before that date God's Kingdom, organized in power, will be in the earth and then smite and crush the Gentile image (Dan. 2:34)-and fully consume the power of these kings."

A nice snippet taken from your link. What I find the most compelling is this is their own literature nothing we fabricated and this is what the WTS has been doing for the last 100+ years now.

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
08 Jul 12

What I find interesting is that they once believed that Christ would physically return to establish his kingdom. Now they believe Christ came invisibly.

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jul 12

Originally posted by menace71
You can't be that dense? The JW leadership made these proclamations about the end of the world knowing that they really did not know at all. This is a lie. Are you a closet JW? Just come out already no big deal.

Manny
Lol. So you've never made a comment or say your opinion of something that turned out to be wrong?
Has the National Weather Service never made a prediction of bad weather and it didn't happen?
If they made a prediction it was because of the available signs they could see not only with their eyes but with the other items they use such as radar and a barometer.
But are those always correct?
Come on man...stop with these silly childlike comments.
If you'd get your mind out of this hate mode your in you might actually be able to think with some logic.......

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
08 Jul 12

Originally posted by galveston75
And why shouldn't we be upset and condemn these so called Christian religions?

First they have no idea who God really is. In fact the worlds largest so called Christian religion just banashed his name from their bibles.
On a scale beyound belief they have covered up as much as possible some very serious sins.
They have sent their young men and wo ...[text shortened]... churches are involved in everyday on this planet, you are truly blind and just spouting off.
My reference there was to RC saying he is being stalked LOL so who has the comprehension problem here ?

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jul 12

Governments overthrown

Studies In the Scriptures Series II - The Time Is at Hand (1889) pp.77, 78 claimed seven things would happen in 1914. Not one of these eventuated. The following statements are extracted from that list;

1. "the disintegration of the rule of imperfect men. at that date the Kingdom of God, for which our Lord taught us to pray, sayi ...[text shortened]... and this is what the WTS has been doing for the last 100+ years now.

Manny
Can't get your brain out of the 19th century huh? Perhaps if you come up to the present you might learn what we actually believe.

So going with this back in the past mentality you seem be stuck in, has your government and it's policies on many things not changed since 1889?
Are they wrong for doing that? Have laws not changed and been altered as society has changed?

So yes we have changed to on many things as our understanding has gotten clearer.

Why on earth is that so hard to understand?

Just because your religion is still stuck in the 5th century with it's beliefs does not make it right on any level...

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
08 Jul 12

Lol. So you've never made a comment or say your opinion of something that turned out to be wrong?
Has the National Weather Service never made a prediction of bad weather and it didn't happen?
If they made a prediction it was because of the available signs they could see not only with their eyes but with the other items they use such as radar and a b ...[text shortened]... mind out of this hate mode your in you might actually be able to think with some logic.......
I don't hate anyone. I think however comparing the weather predictions to the end of the world predictions is well...........................................A STRETCH πŸ˜‰

Lives don't get wrecked if it rains when there should have been sun.

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jul 12

My reference there was to RC saying he is being stalked LOL so who has the comprehension problem here ?

Manny
Well excuse me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't understand it either just as Rank Outsider didn't.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
08 Jul 12

Can't get your brain out of the 19th century huh? Perhaps if you come up to the present you might learn what we actually believe.

So going with this back in the past mentality you seem be stuck in, has your government and it's policies on many things not changed since 1889?
Are they wrong for doing that? Have laws not changed and been altered as so ...[text shortened]... on is still stuck in the 5th century with it's beliefs does not make it right on any level...
If the WTS said you know WE WERE WRONG I might accept that but they have never said that.

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jul 12

I don't hate anyone. I think however comparing the weather predictions to the end of the world predictions is well...........................................A STRETCH πŸ˜‰

Lives don't get wrecked if it rains when there should have been sun.

Manny
And who's lives were "wrecked"? Did they never recover and just live in a ditch the rest of their lives?
Show me something that proves this accusation. If you can't then who's lying?

By the way I knew many that went that way and became angry at the JW's and even to Jehovah.
Any clue on how they should have reacted if they truly loved their God?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
08 Jul 12

Are they wrong for doing that? Have laws not changed and been altered as so ...[text shortened]... on is still stuck in the 5th century with it's beliefs does not make it right on any level...
So you do acknowledge they made false predictions in the late 1800's and early 1900's

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jul 12

If the WTS said you know WE WERE WRONG I might accept that but they have never said that.

Manny
Like a confession?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jul 12

Hold to Your Choice!

If we remain faithful, God will not let us make ruinous mistakes. But sometimes he permits us to be in error so that we may see our need to look always to him and his Word. This strengthens our relationship with him and our endurance while waiting. We learn from our mistakes that it is necessary to be more careful in the future. The desire for the new system of things to take complete charge of the earth has always been very strong in Christians down through the centuries. And because of their own short life-span, they doubtless longed for it to come in their particular lifetime. Those who have tried to keep God’s judgment time “close in mind” have, on more than one occasion throughout history, become overly eager for that day’s arrival, in their own minds trying to rush the arrival of the desired events. (2 Pet. 3:12)

In the first century, for example, the apostle Paul found it necessary to write to Christians in Thessalonica in this fashion, as we read at 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3: “However, brothers, respecting the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we request of you not to be quickly shaken from your reason nor to be excited either through an inspired expression or through a verbal message or through a letter as though from us, to the effect that the day of Jehovah is here. Let no one seduce you in any manner, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction.”

In modern times such eagerness, commendable in itself, has led to attempts at setting dates for the desired liberation from the suffering and troubles that are the lot of persons throughout the earth. With the appearance of the book Life Everlasting—in Freedom of the Sons of God, and its comments as to how appropriate it would be for the millennial reign of Christ to parallel the seventh millennium of man’s existence, considerable expectation was aroused regarding the year 1975. There were statements made then, and thereafter, stressing that this was only a possibility. Unfortunately, however, along with such cautionary information, there were other statements published that implied that such realization of hopes by that year was more of a probability than a mere possibility. It is to be regretted that these latter statements apparently overshadowed the cautionary ones and contributed to a buildup of the expectation already initiated.

In its issue of July 15, 1976, The Watchtower, commenting on the inadvisability of setting our sights on a certain date, stated: “If anyone has been disappointed through not following this line of thought, he should now concentrate on adjusting his viewpoint, seeing that it was not the word of God that failed or deceived him and brought disappointment, but that his own understanding was based on wrong premises.” In saying “anyone,” The Watchtower included all disappointed ones of Jehovah’s Witnesses, hence including persons having to do with the publication of the information that contributed to the buildup of hopes centered on that date.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
08 Jul 12

"At the convention held in Baltimore, Maryland, F. W. Franz gave the concluding talk. He began by saying: “Just before I got on the platform a young man came to me and said, ‘Say, what does this 1975 mean?’” Brother Franz then referred to the many questions that had arisen as to whether the material in the new book meant that by 1975 Armageddon would be finished, and Satan would be bound. He stated, in essence: ‘It could. But we are not saying. All things are possible with God. But we are not saying. And don’t any of you be specific in saying anything that is going to happen between now and 1975. But the big point of it all is this, dear friends: Time is short. Time is running out, no question about that.’
In the years following 1966, many of Jehovah’s Witnesses acted in harmony with the spirit of that counsel. However, other statements were published on this subject, and some were likely more definite than advisable. This was acknowledged in The Watchtower of March 15, 1980 (page 17). But Jehovah’s Witnesses were also cautioned to concentrate mainly on doing Jehovah’s will and not to be swept up by dates and expectations of an early salvation."

I think enough has been said on this. The explinations are very clear why these things happened.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Jul 12

Hold to Your Choice!

If we remain faithful, God will not let us make ruinous mistakes. But sometimes he permits us to be in error so that we may see our need to look always to him and his Word. This strengthens our relationship with him and our endurance while waiting. We learn from our mistakes that it is necessary to be more careful in the future. ...[text shortened]... e publication of the information that contributed to the buildup of hopes centered on that date.
Published by the Watchtower magazine w80 3/15 pp. 17-18 'Choosing the Best Way of Life'

Original author someone other than Galveston79.