1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '23 10:59
    @kellyjay said
    The truth is here but it is smeared and twisted I agree, even on this chess site people want to rewrite the Word to make it what they want.
    Isn’t this what every Christian sect and denomination has done over the centuries?

Isn’t this what happened at the council of Nicaea?

Isn’t this in fact what you do?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    12 Mar '23 12:19
    @moonbus said
    Just to add a bit of history here: Biblical scholars are in general agreement that the first gospel was that of Mark, and not earlier than 80 CE, some scholars put it at 110 CE. That's at least 50 years after the death of Jesus, possibly even later. Mark is held to have been Peter's secretary, so Mark never knew Jesus; his gospel is therefore hearsay at one remove, 50 years o ...[text shortened]... uth" between Jesus and Pilate -- this is pure fabrication, long after the fact, for dramatic effect.
    A lot of assumptions, about what was said in front of others, exactly how do you know that no one was also with Pilate and Jesus? The same thing was said about Jesus' trial how did they know what was said in there as well, but with that one, we know some of those that followed Jesus how be it secretly were there. Who was there on the first day of creation to record what God did and said?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Mar '23 12:28
    @kellyjay said
    Who was there on the first day of creation to record what God did and said?
    Angels I think, but they aren’t credited with writing Genesis.
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    14 Mar '23 07:31
    @divegeester said
    Angels I think, but they aren’t credited with writing Genesis.
    All right, let's stop using words like "twisted", "perverted", "lies." I have it on good authority that the Bible is non-literal commentary which no reasonable person would or should believe to be factual news reporting.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '23 08:03
    @moonbus said
    All right, let's stop using words like "twisted", "perverted", "lies." I have it on good authority that the Bible is non-literal commentary which no reasonable person would or should believe to be factual news reporting.
    It seems to me this suggestion ought to have been directed at KellyJay rather than divegeester. It was KellyJay who used these words.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    14 Mar '23 09:551 edit
    @FMF

Yes, quite, but I directed the remark at one who would see the double meaning of it and read it with comprehension and amusement. From Kellyjay, I no longer expect any answer beyond his boilerplate "God is God and cannot be contradicted, truth is truth and cannot contradict itself..."
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '23 10:05
    @moonbus said
    @FMF

Yes, quite, but I directed the remark at one who would see the double meaning of it and read it with comprehension and amusement. From Kellyjay, I no longer expect any answer beyond his boilerplate "God is God and cannot be contradicted, truth is truth and cannot contradict itself..."
    Just sounds like preaching to the choir, then. I didn't detect the "amusement" aspect.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Mar '23 10:34
    @moonbus said
    @FMF

Do you honestly think if something is true it will contradict something else that is also true?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '23 11:13
    @kellyjay said
    Do you honestly think if something is true it will contradict something else that is also true?
    Aaaand... that's a Whoosh
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '23 11:18
    @kellyjay said
    Your "if something is true it will not contradict something else that is also true" riff has nothing to do with whether or not your subjective opinions about "the truth" are true.
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    16 Mar '23 18:38
    @kellyjay said
    Do you honestly think that vapid platitude proves anything?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Mar '23 00:501 edit
    @moonbus said
    Do you honestly think that vapid platitude proves anything?
    You should go back to rewriting your own religion making it up as you go.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '23 03:20
    @kellyjay said
    Do you honestly think that your "if something is true it will not contradict something else that is also true" platitude proves anything?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '23 03:48
    @kellyjay said
    That other thread is just a thought exercise.
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    17 Mar '23 08:35
    @fmf said
    That other thread is just a thought exercise.
    Great things sometimes come from thought exercises. Einstein said his Theory of Relativity came from trying to imagine what the universe would look like if he were moving at the speed of light.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree