More scientific probability and the Genesis account

More scientific probability and the Genesis account

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Jul 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Its the usual bluster and unworthy of serious comment, if he had actually made
reference to the main reasons for divorce rather than highlighting a specific instance,
(which has it roots also is selfishness on the part of those husbands who failed to take
care of the physical and emotional well being of their wifes as advocated in scripture)
...[text shortened]... ouncil is not the
course of wisdom in this regard. Which was after all, the point being made.
The bible is getting less relevent by the minute when it comes to these issues.
All I see is you guys using the bible as an excuse.

Remember we are not talking about doing unto others, or being friendly with your neighbours.
We are talking about womens rights, which are only now slowly catching up with mens.

The bible doesn't have the monoply on this stuff

F

Moves
01 Jul 12

Its the usual bluster and unworthy of serious comment...
Well, robbie, start a discussion about the divorce rate and then pointedly ignore or refuse to offer "serious comment" to people who disagree with you, by all means. But it is an odd way to behave on a discussion forum.

rc

Moves
01 Jul 12
3 edits

Originally posted by karoly aczel
The bible is getting less relevent by the minute when it comes to these issues.
All I see is you guys using the bible as an excuse.

Remember we are not talking about doing unto others, or being friendly with your neighbours.
We are talking about womens rights, which are only now slowly catching up with mens.

The bible doesn't have the monoply on this stuff
Yes that why divorce rates have rocketed and selfishness is rampant, less relevant, has
to be the most spiritually myopic thing ive heard today. We are talking of a
husbands duty to look after the physical and emotional well being of his wife, as
advocated in scripture after the example of Jesus. Why is that irrelevant as you have
stated. Why have you made no mention of the reasons for divorce? clearly each and
on every level the reason is selfishness as far as i can discern and the Bibles council to
cultivatable a self sacrificing spirit would help to mitigate this, immeasurably.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
Is getting divorced "moral"?
Jesus said divorce was not meant to be from the beginning, but it was allowed by Moses due to the hardness of the heart. That is why we have human judges to decide such matters and grant divorce only if it is necessary. But the court system has been corrupted with evil just like everything else man controls. So there often remains injustice that must and will be taken care of by Christ's judgment. 😏
HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!

F

Moves
01 Jul 12

We are talking of a husbands duty to look after the physical and emotional well being of his wife, as advocated in scripture after the example of Jesus...
Do you seriously think that the lower divorce rates in the past mean that husbands exercised their "duty to look after the physical and emotional well being" of their wives back then compared to now?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Jul 12

yes that why divorce rates have rocketed and selfishness is rampant, less relevant, has
to be the most spiritually myopic thing ive heard today. We are talking of a
husbands duty to look after the physical and emotional well being of his wife, as
advocated in scripture after the example of Jesus why is that irrelevant as you have
stated.
We are obviously referring to totally different real life examples.

Just talk to FMF and answer his questions.

I'm out of here.

If FMF refuses then I'll be happy to try to explain this to you.

F

Moves
01 Jul 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Jesus said divorce was not meant to be from the beginning, but it was allowed by Moses due to the hardness of the heart. That is why we have human judges to decide such matters and grant divorce only if it is necessary. But the court system has been corrupted with evil just like everything else man controls. So there often remains injustice that must and will be taken care of by Christ's judgment. 😏
This doesn't really answer my question. Let me ask it in a different way: Do you believe that lower divorce rates in the past than now mean that marriages were more "moral" in the past and that they are less "moral" now, hence the higher rates?

rc

Moves
01 Jul 12
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
We are obviously referring to totally different real life examples.

Just talk to FMF and answer his questions.

I'm out of here.

If FMF refuses then I'll be happy to try to explain this to you.
i see, you cannot say why its irrelevant, yet you made the statement. I dont think you
need to explain anything to me, you seem to make statements that you cannot
substantiate, what hope have you of explaining anything to someone else, little i think. cya!

F

Moves
01 Jul 12

We are talking of a husbands duty to look after the physical and emotional well being of his wife, as advocated in scripture after the example of Jesus.
Common sense advice from Jesus, then. Good. What did he say about divorces where the relationship did not work out or where there was psychological/physical abuse?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
Common sense advice from Jesus, then. Good. What did he say about divorces where the relationship did not work out or where there was psychological/physical abuse?
I already told you, mate. 😏

F

Moves
01 Jul 12
2 edits

I already told you, mate.
You haven't told me what you think is the "moral" way to deal with relationships that fail and marriages that break down. That is the crux here, not some theoretical ideal, the perceived prevalence of which has almost certainly been exaggerated by socially conservative and reactionary views/rules on marriage in the past [and the misleadingly lower divorce rates attendant thereto].

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
You haven't told me what you think is the "moral" way to deal with relationships that fail and marriages that break down. That is the crux here, not some theoretical ideal, the perceived prevalence of which has almost certainly been exaggerated by socially conservative and reactionary views/rules on marriage in the past [and the misleadingly lower divorce rates attendant thereto].
I said it should be dealt with as Moses dealt with it, until Christ returns to make everything right. 😏

F

Moves
01 Jul 12

I said it should be dealt with as Moses dealt with it, until Christ returns to make everything right. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
So you are saying divorce is acceptable after all?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
So you are saying divorce is acceptable after all?
After marriage counselling, what else can be done morally at the present time? 😏

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Jul 12

The point you are missing is that "selfishness and lust". is the root of the problem of divorce and abuse and is also not part of the teachings of Christ or the Holy Bible. That is a teaching of Satan the devil. 😏
No, it is really the agenda of religion to control populations and this is just another sick example of it. Religion should have ZERO to say about whether a woman and a man stay together or not. Or a man and a man. Or a woman and a woman. These kind of relationships should have NO control by religions. These kind of things, including abortion, divorce, marriage, child bearing should have NO religious controls. These are private matters and no religion should have any control over such situations. A thousand years ago there was no religion in marriage, it was only recently taken over by religions. If someone wanted to live with someone, they just moved in together, none of this religious clap trap, together in the eyes of god for all eternity. If they didn't like the arrangement they skipped town. No religious control which is how it should be.