More scientific probability and the Genesis account

More scientific probability and the Genesis account

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
01 Jul 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
A thousand years ago there was no religion in marriage, it was only recently taken over by religions.
That's not even close to being true. Most religions get involved with marriage and several religions are well over a thousand years old. Certainly Islam, Christianity and Judaism are heavily involved in marriage an all are over a thousand years old.

rc

Moves
01 Jul 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
That's not even close to being true. Most religions get involved with marriage and several religions are well over a thousand years old. Certainly Islam, Christianity and Judaism are heavily involved in marriage an all are over a thousand years old.
Indeed the statement contains so much prejudice and inaccuracy, its hard to know
where to begin, reminiscent of many atheists on the forum who cannot substantiate
their own claims with anything other than vitriol.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jul 12
1 edit

No, it is really the agenda of religion to control populations and this is just another sick example of it. Religion should have ZERO to say about whether a woman and a man stay together or not. Or a man and a man. Or a woman and a woman. These kind of relationships should have NO control by religions. These kind of things, including abortion, divorce, marr ...[text shortened]... didn't like the arrangement they skipped town. No religious control which is how it should be.
God ordained the first marriage.

And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.

And Adam said:

“This is now bone of my bones
And flesh of my flesh;
She shall be called Woman,
Because she was taken out of Man.”

Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

(Genesis 2:21-24 NKJV)

The fact that God is left out of so many marriages today could be the cause of so many failed marriages. It is the governments of the world that have the agenda of controlling the populations. Governments make people pay for marriage licenses and also pay for government courts, lawyers, and Judges to get divorces. Most religions wish only for happy marriages. Governments make more money through divorces. Who ever heard of anyone donating money to a religion for a divorce? That is not the normal routine. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!!

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
01 Jul 12
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds

And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.

And Adam said:

And flesh of my flesh;
She sha religion for a divorce? That is not the normal routine. 🙄

adam was created by the annunaki. so they ordained the first marriage. sorry, your biblegod was invented much later by a bunch of tribal savages who wanted to play at civilization.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jul 12
3 edits

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
adam was created by the annunaki. so they ordained the first marriage. sorry, your biblegod was invented much later by a bunch of tribal savages who wanted to play at civilization.
Your words are showing a contempt for the true God, I believe it is called blasphemy. That is a very serious sin against God, for Jesus says that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is unforgiveable.

P.S. The annunaki.
http://www.hiddencodes.com/annunaki.htm

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Jul 12

And Adam said:

And flesh of my flesh;
She sha ...[text shortened]... religion for a divorce? That is not the normal routine. 😏

Another fairy tale. There was no church involvement in marriage till a few hundred years ago.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Jul 12
1 edit

Another fairy tale. There was no church involvement in marriage till a few hundred years ago.
I said God not the Church. The Church did not begin until after the resurrection of Christ, who built His Church to last until He comes again.
HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!

Moves
02 Jul 12

Um, while I agree that marriage was probably not originally a religious idea, It was certainly co-opted
by religions early on and religions have claimed jurisdiction of marriages (as a means of controlling sex,
and thus people) for thousands and not hundreds of years.

This doesn't in any way diminish the fact that modern day marriage should be defined by or dictated by
a religion.

But it's just not true that churches were not involved in marriages until a few hundred years ago.

Moves
02 Jul 12

Your words are showing a contempt for the true God, I believe it is called blasphemy. That is a very serious sin against God, for Jesus says that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is unforgiveable.

P.S. The annunaki.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3oH92AZTPo
Well I can't remember a time when I didn't commit the biggest blasphemy there is (not believe in your imaginary friend) and am thus (according to you) damned irrevocably...

As is anyone and everyone who has ever not believed...

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
02 Jul 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage

Didn't know there were so many words to describe marriage!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Jul 12

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage

Didn't know there were so many words to describe marriage!
That wiki article states that "the institution of marriage pre-dates reliable recorded history".

This is true, however, the Holy Bible, written after the fact, does record that the first marriage was between Adam and his wife Eve in Genesis chapter 2.
No other historical book gives such detail about the first marriage.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
02 Jul 12

P.S. The annunaki.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3oH92AZTPo
it is impossible to shows contempt for a true god. one can only blaspheme against an invented god. jesus is a false prophet, it's irrelevant what he says.

the annunaki were the first to create adam. your fairytale was just copied from this story.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
02 Jul 12

That wiki article states that "the institution of marriage pre-dates reliable recorded history".

This is true, however, the Holy Bible, written after the fact, does record that the first marriage was between Adam and his wife Eve in Genesis chapter 2.
No other historical book gives such detail about the first marriage.
you haven't read any history books, you wouldn't know anything about it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Jul 12

it is impossible to shows contempt for a true god. one can only blaspheme against an invented god. jesus is a false prophet, it's irrelevant what he says.

the annunaki were the first to create adam. your fairytale was just copied from this story.
You are a false teacher and what you say is irrelevant. 😏
HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Jul 12
1 edit

you haven't read any history books, you wouldn't know anything about it.
You are lying for you have no way of knowing what I have read or what I haven't read. You are only speculating the same as those scientist do on the origin of the universe, the age of the earth, the origin of life, and that there is such a thing as biological evolution. They are all wrong, too.