More scientific probability and the Genesis account

More scientific probability and the Genesis account

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
20 Jun 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
its not twitchy at all, its not my fault you cannot distinguish between a single act of
creation and a progressive action, or light in general and diffused light. Bible is 100
percent accurate as i have explained in detail, with reference.
So where does the Genesis creation account mention the word 'mammal'? Here's the verse from the Watchtower's translation -

And God went on to say: “Let the earth put forth living souls according to their kinds, domestic animal and moving animal and wild beast of the earth according to its kind.” And it came to be so. 25 And God proceeded to make the wild beast of the earth according to its kind and the domestic animal according to its kind and every moving animal of the ground according to its kind. And God got to see that [it was] good.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
20 Jun 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
So where does the Genesis creation account mention the word 'mammal'? Here's the verse from the Watchtower's translation -

And God went on to say: “Let the earth put forth living souls according to their kinds, domestic animal and moving animal and wild beast of the earth according to its kind.” And it came to be so. 25 And God proceeded to ma ...[text shortened]... g animal of the ground according to its kind. And God got to see that [it was] good.
Can you even say 'mammal' in Hebrew? Or in whatever language this stuff was originally conceived in?

rc

Moves
20 Jun 12

And God went on to say: “Let the earth put forth living souls according to their kinds, domestic animal and moving animal and wild beast of the earth according to its kind.” And it came to be so. 25 And God proceeded to ma ...[text shortened]... g animal of the ground according to its kind. And God got to see that [it was] good.
its not a scientific text book, please.

Moves
20 Jun 12

So stop using it as one.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
20 Jun 12
1 edit

I know it's not a scientific text book, it's you who is claiming the Genesis creation account is backed up by science, and then curiously claiming it's not a 'science text book' when it can't substantiate your spurious claims.

I take it by your refusal to answer another of my questions that you conceded the Genesis creation account makes no claims at all regarding 'mammals'?

P

Moves
20 Jun 12
1 edit

Paraphrasing this thread:

Religious Zealot: The Bible must be divinely inspired, it is uncannily accurate and agrees with science.

Rational Thinker: But it's wrong about x, y and z. The only things it's right about are the things that are obvious to anyone with 1/2 a brain.

Religious Zealot: It's not a science text book, it should be allowed to be inaccurate and to disagree with science.

Rational Thinker: Then why are you saying that it is accurate?

Religious Zealot: la-la-la I can't hear you.

It's entertaining but quietly depressing at the same time.

--- Penguin

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
20 Jun 12

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Can you even say 'mammal' in Hebrew? Or in whatever language this stuff was originally conceived in?
There is no word resembling 'mammal' in the original language, i know it and Rob knows it, if there was he would produce it in a jiffy.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
21 Jun 12

its not twitchy at all, its not my fault you cannot distinguish between a single act of
creation and a progressive action, or light in general and diffused light. Bible is 100
percent accurate as i have explained in detail, with reference.
it's really not my fault that you can't read what it says in the bible.

the bible got it wrong. there is no ifs ands or buts about it. it got a whole lot of things wrong and that losing streak started with the creation account on page 1.

Cape Town

Moves
21 Jun 12

I said this on page 1, but I think it really needs to be said again:
Creationists dispute the scientific account precisely because it disagrees with the Biblical account in genesis. To then turn around and try to validate the genesis account based on its supposed agreement with science is simply ridiculous.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Jun 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
THEN THE BIBLE IS WRONG.

period.
The Holy Bible I right! Period. HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Jun 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
your insane babbling is noted.
Your mind has become so corrupt that you can not tell the truth from a lie. I try to explain it to you using logic and you stuff your head deeper up your arse. Who can help you? God only knows.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Jun 12

very twitchy. what the bible really says is that the sun and stars were created after the earth, seas and vegetation. the bible got it wrong.
Your evolutionary scientists are the ones that have it wrong. God is always right and He was there. Where was your evolutionary scientists when the Earth, sun, moon, and stars came into existence. They were still only in God's dream with their heads up their arse.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Jun 12

There is no word resembling 'mammal' in the original language, i know it and Rob knows it, if there was he would produce it in a jiffy.
What in the Hell do you guys think domestic animals, like cats and dogs, are if not not mammals, numbnuts?

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
21 Jun 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Your evolutionary scientists are the ones that have it wrong. God is always right and He was there. Where was your evolutionary scientists when the Earth, sun, moon, and stars came into existence. They were still only in God's dream with their heads up their arse.

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God!
it's cosmology and geology you douche. evolutionary scientists have nothing to do with the formation of the cosmos or of the earth.
try to polish up your lackluster wit before participating in these discussions. i suggest you return to elementary school, your scientific knowledge is not even on par with a 2n'd grader.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Jun 12

it's cosmology and geology you douche. evolutionary scientists have nothing to do with the formation of the cosmos or of the earth.
try to polish up your lackluster wit before participating in these discussions. i suggest you return to elementary school, your scientific knowledge is not even on par with a 2n'd grader.
I bet you ain't smarter than a fifth grader.
HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!