More scientific probability and the Genesis account

More scientific probability and the Genesis account

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
17 Jun 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
There are no sumerians or people who speak a sumerian language today.
However, there are a people that speak the Hebrew language today.
I say God favored those Hebrew people and their language over the sumerians.
HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God!
entirely irrelevant.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Jun 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
entirely irrelevant.
It was apparently relevant to God that Israel be a nation speaking the Hebrew language to fulfill the end time events that shall come to pass. 😏
HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
17 Jun 12

It was apparently relevant to God that Israel be a nation speaking the Hebrew language to fulfill the end time events that shall come to pass. 😏
you must have had a topic stroke. we're talking about where the hebrews picked up their mythology. it's entirely irrelevant that some of the cultures from which they picked up their mythology are now extinct.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Jun 12
1 edit

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
you must have had a topic stroke. we're talking about where the hebrews picked up their mythology. it's entirely irrelevant that some of the cultures from which they picked up their mythology are now extinct.
Moses received the history of the creation directly from the Creator Himself. The Holy Bible makes reference to the mythology of other nations only to condemn it.

F

Moves
18 Jun 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Why is this Watchtower article claiming the Genesis creation account makes reference to the earth being 'enshrouded in heavy gases and water' when it quite clearly does not?
I think robbie's silence on this means what it means.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
18 Jun 12

Moses received the history of the creation directly from the Creator Himself. The Holy Bible makes reference to the mythology of other nations only to condemn it.

yes, he received it directly from the stories and myths that came before him. but since he didn't write anything himself, he is most likely a fictional legendary character invented by the anonymous authors who did write it, shortly after their return from babylon.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
18 Jun 12

The earliest historical records in the region do not go back much further than ca. 2900 BC. Akkadian gradually replaced Sumerian as a spoken language somewhere around the turn of the 3rd and the 2nd millennium BC, but Sumerian continued to be used as a sacred, ceremonial, literary and scientific language in Babylonia and Assyria until the 1st century AD.
...[text shortened]... akkadian are extinct languages

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_extinct_languages_of_Asia
Hebrew didn't even exist until ~1000 BCE.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Jun 12

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Hebrew didn't even exist until ~1000 BCE.
Hebrew flourished as a spoken language in the kingdoms of Israel and Judah during the 10th to 7th centuries BCE. Scholars debate the degree to which Hebrew was a spoken vernacular in ancient times following the Babylonian exile, when the predominant language in the region was Old Aramaic.

Hebrew was nearly extinct as a spoken language by Late Antiquity, but it continued to be used as a literary language and as the liturgical language of Judaism, evolving various dialects of literary Medieval Hebrew, until its revival as a spoken language in the late 19th century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebrew_language

Obviously, Hebrew was in existence before the 10th century BCE. That is just the earliest they can date anything written in Hebrew. No one can say for sure when Hebrew was first spoken, but I believe it was the language spoken by Adam and Eve.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
19 Jun 12

Originally posted by FMF
I think robbie's silence on this means what it means.
Yep. It looks like he's done a runner, but will no doubt be back in a few months churning out the same article and arguments.

rc

Moves
19 Jun 12
2 edits

Yep. It looks like he's done a runner, but will no doubt be back in a few months churning out the same article and arguments.
what???, plueeeeeeze you zoobs are always jumping to conclusions, i put it down to a
disposition towards cynicism, never the less, I have been engrossed in some books,
'No mean city', after being inspired by Rank Outsiders post and the choice between that
and remonstrating with my time-for-chess 'friends' the book won out. The problem for
the materialist remains, one cannot argue with the mathematics, no matter what seems
to be expedient. Plus, unlike you factory owners, i need to work, manually, for a living!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
19 Jun 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
what???, plueeeeeeze you zoobs are always jumping to conclusions, i put it down to a
disposition towards cynicism, never the less, I have been engrossed in some books,
'No mean city', after being inspired by Rank Outsiders post and the choice between that
and remonstrating with my time-for-chess 'friends' the book won out. The problem for
th ...[text shortened]...
to be expedient. Plus, unlike you factory owners, i need to work, manually, for a living!
You've been posting in other forums on this site since you failed to answer my point blank question. Would you like to give it another try now you're back?

rc

Moves
19 Jun 12
3 edits

You've been posting in other forums on this site since you failed to answer my point blank question. Would you like to give it another try now you're back?
no, I have said all I have needed to say. Done a runner, lol, that made me laugh.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
19 Jun 12

no, I have said all I have needed to say. Done a runner, lol, that made me laugh.
I see, but hardly surprising.

I did find it a little curious that you were engaged in a debate answering questions without any problem and then when the crux came, you disappeared. A quick scan of the forums though found you to be popping up elsewhere, just not here.

rc

Moves
19 Jun 12
2 edits

I see, but hardly surprising.

I did find it a little curious that you were engaged in a debate answering questions without any problem and then when the crux came, you disappeared. A quick scan of the forums though found you to be popping up elsewhere, just not here.
Whatever you say PK, as FMF has intimated, you, him and many others are at liberty to
draw their own conclusions and will do, regardless. I could argue, but what's the
point? I keep asking myself, what is it I hope to achieve by remonstrating with others,
is it not better simply to relax and do something I enjoy, when I have the time?

F

Moves
19 Jun 12

Whatever you say PK, as FMF has intimated, you, him and many others are at liberty to draw their own conclusions and will do, regardless.
It's not exactly a 'forum secret'. You often disappear for a few days when you get caught out on a thread. You are at liberty to deny it, of course. 😵