More scientific probability and the Genesis account

More scientific probability and the Genesis account

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
20 Jun 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
The Holy Bible is right and lying science is wrong.
HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
I question your sanity.

Or I would if you had any.

When people talk about bat(excrement) Crazy Christian Fundamentalists you are who they are
talking about.

You don't care one jot about truth.

You would rather believe your comforting (to you, scary as hell for anyone sane) fairy tales than
see what reality is actually like.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
20 Jun 12

Originally posted by jaywill
No the earth and the sun formed from the same collapsing cloud of dust and gas.

The objects that would coalesce together to form the earth had not finished doing so by the time the sun had formed and ignited. [/quote]

From the standpoint of the seer of the vision, God said [b]"Let there be light"
and there was light. This m ...[text shortened]... could observe our place in the cosmos with the greatest possible clarity.[/b]
that's awfully twitchy.

here is a more direct (and accurate) interpretation:
bible says there was light before the formation of the sun and stars. bible got it wrong.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Jun 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
that's awfully twitchy.

here is a more direct (and accurate) interpretation:
bible says there was light before the formation of the sun and stars. bible got it wrong.
The Holy Bible got that right again, even science knows that now. One does not need the Sun and the stars to have light. We have light in our homes all the time without the Sun and the stars, numbnuts!

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
20 Jun 12

Originally posted by jaywill
The sun came before the earth, therefore the order is wrong.

What ? Is it known that the earth was formed before the SUN ?
I think you are wrong here.

How about life was in the sea before it was on the land ?
The sun came before the earth that is correct. The Bible has the order wrong on that one, but it is correct that life was in the sea before it moved onto land.

rc

Moves
20 Jun 12
2 edits

no the Bible has it absolutely accurate, its not the Bible that is erroneous, but your
understanding of the ancient text,

1. Light; division between day and night, Ge 1:3-5
2 Expanse, a division between waters beneath the expanse and waters above it, Ge 1:6-8
3 Dry land; vegetation, Ge 1:9-13
4 Heavenly luminaries become discernible from earth, Ge 1:14-19
5 Aquatic souls and flying creatures, Ge 1:20-23
6 Land animals; man, Ge 1:24-31

the sixth creative 'days', as per the Biblical record.

How could God produce light on the first day if the luminaries were not made until
the fourth day?

The Hebrew word rendered “make” in verse 16 is not the same as the word for
“create” used in Genesis chapter 1, verses 1, 21, and 27. “The heavens” that
included the luminaries were created long before the “first day” even began. But
their light did not reach the surface of the earth. On the first day, “there came to be
light” because diffused light penetrated the cloud layers and became visible on the
earth. The rotating earth thus began to have alternating day and night. (Genesis
1:1-3, 5) The sources of that light still remained invisible from the earth. During the
fourth creative period, however, a notable change took place. The sun, the moon,
and the stars were now made “to shine upon the earth.” (Genesis 1:17) “God
proceeded to make” them in that they could now be seen from the earth.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
20 Jun 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
no the Bible has it absolutely accurate, its not the Bible that is erroneous, but your

2 Expanse, a division between waters beneath the expanse and waters above it, Ge 1:6-8
4 Heavenly luminaries become discernible from ea ...[text shortened]... ” (Genesis 1:17) “God
The sun came before the earth. The Bible is wrong on that account. Except it and move on.

If you're not going to examine the Watchtower's spurious claims in your OP about 'heavy gases and water' enshrouding the primitive earth, how about this one? The Genesis creation account has livestock, or 'tame beasts' as they are called in your OP, being created before man. Yet surely man has to be created before the livestock can be domesticated?

Also, the account has birds being created before land animals which again is incorrect. Birds didn't exist until the Jurassic era which is a long time after animals were on land.

rc

Moves
20 Jun 12
3 edits

Originally posted by Proper Knob
The sun came before the earth. The Bible is wrong on that account. Except it and move on.

If you're not going to examine the Watchtower's spurious claims in your OP about 'heavy gases and water' enshrouding the primitive earth, how about this one? The Genesis creation account has livestock, or 'tame beasts' as they are called in your OP, being created ...[text shortened]... irds didn't exist until the Jurassic era which is a long time after animals were on land.
no its not, you can accept what the Bible actually states on the matter or you can
become bitter and twisted and be destroyed at Armageddon, the choice is yours. Trying
to squirm around with diversionary attempts to discredit the account will do you no
good whatsoever. As for your assertion regarding birds, it is, according to your own
materialistic theory, fish became amphibians, amphibians became reptiles and reptiles
became birds, is that or is that not correct? do birds appear in this sequence before or
after mammals? hmmm?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Jun 12

If you're not going to examine the Watchtower's spurious claims in your OP about 'heavy gases and water' enshrouding the primitive earth, how about this one? The Genesis creation account has livestock, or 'tame beasts' as they are called in your OP, being created ...[text shortened]... irds didn't exist until the Jurassic era which is a long time after animals were on land.
The Earth came before the sun, numbnuts! The Holy Bible says so!

What then? If some did not believe, their unbelief will not nullify the faithfulness of God, will it? May it never be! Rather, let God be found true, though every man be found a liar, as it is written,

“ That You may be justified in Your words,
And prevail when You are judged.”

(Romans 3:3-4 NASB)

I confess Yahshua (Christ Jesus) as my Lord and Savior.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
20 Jun 12
2 edits

no its not, you can accept what the Bible actually states on the matter or you can
become bitter and twisted and be destroyed at Armageddon, the choice is yours. Trying
to squirm around with diversionary attempts to discredit the account will do you no
good whatsoever. As for your assertion regarding birds, it is, according to your own
materi ...[text shortened]... that or is that not correct? do birds appear in this sequence before or
after mammals? hmmm?
become bitter and twisted and be destroyed at Armageddon, the choice is yours.

That's the spirit, say what you really mean for once and get it off your chest Rob. Although i would hasten to add there is zero bitterness this end, i always find it curious that whenever someone disagrees with what a Bronze Age desert tribesman wrote a few thousand years ago (meaning the Bible) 'bitterness' or 'hatred' is involved. Is bitter you new buzz word if the month, i see you used it in the Chess Only forum?

Trying to squirm around with diversionary attempts to discredit the account will do you no good whatsoever.

What exactly am i squirming with my diversionary tactics around? You've lost me.

do birds appear in this sequence before or after mammals? hmmm?

Birds come before mammals that's correct. But show me where the Bible says 'mammals'.

From the New World Translation -

And God went on to say: “Let the earth put forth living souls according to their kinds, domestic animal and moving animal and wild beast of the earth according to its kind.” And it came to be so. 25 And God proceeded to make the wild beast of the earth according to its kind and the domestic animal according to its kind and every moving animal of the ground according to its kind. And God got to see that [it was] good.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
20 Jun 12

[b]no its not, you can accept what the Bible actually states on the matter or you can

That's the spirit, say what you really mean for once and get it off your chest Rob. Although i would hasten to add there is zero bitterness this end, i always find it curious that wh ...[text shortened]... mal of the ground according to its kind. And God got to see that [it was] good.[/quote][/b]
SIXTH DAY

Genesis 1:24-31

Moves
20 Jun 12

The Earth came before the sun, numbnuts! The Holy Bible says so!

What then? If some did not believe, their unbelief will not nullify the faithfulness of God, will it? May it never be! Rather, let God be found true, though every man be found a liar, as it is written,

“ That You may be justified in Your words,
And prevail when You are judged.”

(R ...[text shortened]... hshua (Christ Jesus) as my Lord and Savior.

THEN THE BIBLE IS WRONG.

period.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
20 Jun 12

The Holy Bible got that right again, even science knows that now. One does not need the Sun and the stars to have light. [b] We have light in our homes all the time without the Sun and the stars, numbnuts!

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God![/b]
your insane babbling is noted.

rc

Moves
20 Jun 12

[b]no its not, you can accept what the Bible actually states on the matter or you can

That's the spirit, say what you really mean for once and get it off your chest Rob. Although i would hasten to add there is zero bitterness this end, i always find it curious that wh ...[text shortened]... mal of the ground according to its kind. And God got to see that [it was] good.[/quote][/b]
actually it was said tongue in cheek, but i forgot the smiley, anyhow, Bible is accurate,
100%.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
20 Jun 12

4 Heavenly luminaries become discernible from ea ...[text shortened]... ” (Genesis 1:17) “God
very twitchy. what the bible really says is that the sun and stars were created after the earth, seas and vegetation. the bible got it wrong.

rc

Moves
20 Jun 12
1 edit

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
very twitchy. what the bible really says is that the sun and stars were created after the earth, seas and vegetation. the bible got it wrong.
its not twitchy at all, its not my fault you cannot distinguish between a single act of
creation and a progressive action, or light in general and diffused light. Bible is 100
percent accurate as i have explained in detail, with reference.