More Righteous Than Jesus Christ?

More Righteous Than Jesus Christ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Mar 18

Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
I think I am talking about the kind of knowledge which makes a difference in the way I conduct my life, even when no one is watching, and even when it has no effect on "world history".

That had a humble sound to it.

Come to think of it, that was quite arrogant of Jesus to say. Your arrogance detector must be malfunctioning.

Pilate said he found no fault in him, even without Jesus asking him anything.

It strains the imagination to think he did all this driving out without striking people with that whip.

Not really.

Would he not use it if they called his bluff? Would he not even hit someone by accident in this WWE-style melee?!

I don't think you and Jesus occupy even roughly the same class of morality. A comparison would be ludicrous.

Besides, He knew why He came into the world, what His origin was, why He was going to die (and rise), and specifics of His eternal destiny.

I doubt that you have a clue about any of these things concerning yourself.

If I err you might tell us why you exist.

I have to contrast this to a Man with such a purpose and mission as Jesus, Who in the final moments of His death on the cross said "It is finished".

He fulfilled His purpose for being born.
He finished the work that He was here to do.

"I have glorified You on earth, finishing the work which You have given Me to do.

And now, glorify Me along with Your self, Father, with the glory which I had with You before the world was." (John 17:4,5)

Have you even discovered yet what is the work which you are here to do?

Jesus morality is also demonstrated in His faithfulness unto death to His purpose. In other words, He cared nothing for Himself. He wanted everything for His Father.

He occupies a class of people of which He is the sole member.

I don't support mob rule, torture, or crucifixion. This sort of statement is often necessary with people of your beliefs because your moral compass is that skewed. Maybe you missed the part where I said scourging people with whips is wrong.

The rulers of the temple asked Him by what authority did He do such things.
"The Jews then answered and said to Him, What sigh do you show us, seeing that you do these things? " (John 2:18)

He pointed to His being executed and rising again on the third day, which miracle He actually did perform.

"Jesus answered and said to them, destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up." (v.19)

The tone I get is that they have some realization that things were not quite right in the temple. But the issue was that THEY were the ones in authority.

His authority is related to His power to overcome their persecution to death and death itself. He was God come as a man.

You argue that His method of demonstrating the apostasy of their use of God's temple was bad manners and maybe even hurt some people. I consider that there is a purpose for everything under heaven - a time for this and a time for that. See Ecclesiastes. This was a time for a strong reaction to the abuse of the temple of God.

I believe He always did the right thing, in the right way, at the right time.

It was rather an act of love. You see in the OT God allowed the Babylonians to come in and do a far ruder and far more severe interruption of their wayward "worship". And the Roman general Titus was far more rude than Jesus was in tearing down the entire structure and slaughter of the Jews.

So I consider it an act of love that their Messiah would demonstrate God's displeasure with the abuse of the temple. Better to have the Messiah give that demonstration in love then for the Roman army to do it.

me;
Okay, I can't insist that no human felt a blow.
you;
Credit for honesty.

I just pay close attention to what is written.

As for Jesus and his parents, the story as recounted in Luke doesn't pass the "smell test."

I can't take the rest of your comments seriously.
I don't think Jesus Christ and, let's say, Miss Manners are in the same class of moral rightness.

Moves
30 Mar 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @sonship
My rephrase of the question:
“Who are the posters here who believe their righteousness, their morality, and their ethics are greater then that of Jesus Christ ?”
Everyone who disagrees with you on the topics in your OP it seems, including I might add, your buddy Suzianne, whom I note has kept a low profile around this thread.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Mar 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Everyone who disagrees with you on the topics in your OP it seems, including I might add, your buddy Suzianne, whom I note has kept a low profile around this thread.
I think on the matter of eternal punishment, for example, Suzianne may be much closer to your views then mine.

What interests me are "buddies" of the word of God.
Three and one half years of the words and deeds of a man have had a cataclysmic effect on the world.

I say this happened not just because Jesus was good.
He was good gloriously.
He was good with a splendor and a radiance to people's sense of goodness.

Now BigDoggProblem and others may say that they are good too. I am sure in some ways they are good.
But are they good gloriously?

You see Jesus Christ was and is good gloriously so.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Mar 18
1 edit

Jesus was moral gloriously so.

For example, the symbol of the instrument of His execution, He made a symbol of goodness with splendor.

It is as if someone dying in the electric chair ever after caused the electric chair to be regarded as a symbol of the highest mercy and goodness on the planet.

Seriously. Look what the execution of Jesus on the cross do for the symbol of the cross.

Now I do not by this encourage the USE of the symbol, or adoration of the symbol, or wearing it, or worshipping it in any way. I have never kept crosses.

I only suggest that is is significant what the DEATH of the man on that instrument transformed the significance of it to be. That is all. Jesus' life and death was of radiant goodness.

Not to mention His resurrection in victory.

Expected pushback: " what about the Ku Klux Klan's use of crosses? "

Moves
30 Mar 18
1 edit

I think on the matter of eternal punishment, for example, Suzianne may be much closer to your views then mine.
There’s no “may” about it, she thinks you are wrong. Of course she won’t challenge you on this eternal suffering thing which is the greatest religious thought crime in the history of mankind, because she pretends that she doesn’t see it as important enough.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @divegeester
There’s no “may” about it, she thinks you are wrong. Of course she won’t challenge you on this eternal suffering thing which is the greatest religious thought crime in the history of mankind, because she pretends that she doesn’t see it as important enough.
Okay, "may" disagree - DEFINITELY thinks its bogus, whatever.

So she disagrees and is wise enough to do more homework before getting into a public debate about it.

That's smart.
I do the same thing.

One should be willing to look into a matter more if for nothing else but self edification.

Moves
30 Mar 18

Okay, "may" disagree - DEFINITELY thinks its bogus, whatever.

So she disagrees and is wise enough to do more homework before getting into a public debate about it.

That's smart.
I do the same thing.

One should be willing to look into a matter more if for nothing else but self edification.
I disagree completely. Suzianne knows what she believes and just doesn’t want to confront you on it, preferring instead to go after those she doesn’t like, your detractors for example.

She’s not “doing more homework”, that just you thinking that she and her beliefs revolve around yours. The same way early humans believed the sun revolved around the earth; it’s pesective, and it’s interesting to observe.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
30 Mar 18

I think I am talking about the kind of knowledge which makes a difference in the way I conduct my life, even when no one is watching, and even when it has no effect on "world history".

That had a humble sound to it.

[quote]
Come to think of it, that was quite arrogant of Jesus to say. Your arrogance detector must be malfunctioning. ...[text shortened]... don't think Jesus Christ and, let's say, Miss Manners are in the same class of moral rightness.
It was never going to be a fair comparison. the others in this thread were right about you. it was a rigged game because no one here has a world famous book written about them.

My thoughts on that are simply: 😴.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
30 Mar 18

More direct?
Sure. On both and any counts you're morally and ethically filthy and no comparison to Jesus Christ.

Me too.
Direct enough ?

Yet moral filthiness is not your only problem.
You're blind to it too.

But the bible does say [b] "ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God."

I need a Savior too.[/b]
Save yourself

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
31 Mar 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Save yourself

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Mar 18

Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
It was never going to be a fair comparison. the others in this thread were right about you. it was a rigged game because no one here has a world famous book written about them.

My thoughts on that are simply: 😴.
A world famous book has been written about the God of the OT also. It didn't stop a few posters from suggesting that they could be His judge, condemning Him as not as good as themselves.

I do agree that your thoughts did seem like you were writing while sleeping though.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Mar 18

A world famous book has been written about the God of the OT also. It didn't stop a few posters from suggesting that they could be His judge, condemning Him as not as good as themselves.

I do agree that your thoughts did seem like you were writing while sleeping though.
The God of the Old Testament is the same as the God of the New Testament.

Moves
31 Mar 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
The God of the Old Testament is the same as the God of the New Testament.
Despite having an entirely different character.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
31 Mar 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Despite having an entirely different character.
Do tell.

Moves
31 Mar 18

Originally posted by @freakykbh
Do tell.
You want me to tell you about how the petty and jealous God of the OT differs from the one in the NT?