More Righteous Than Jesus Christ?

More Righteous Than Jesus Christ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Apr 18
5 edits

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
He has stated that he finds the words of Jesus 'profound', but that's about the extent of his bravery when it comes to explaining his personal beliefs. (Worth noting that I too would describe the words attributed to Jesus as profound, despite my clearly stated atheism).
He considers his own invention "profound".

Here and there, if he can exploit a few words of Jesus Christ to lend credence, dignity, and seeming authenticity to his invention, he will speak glowingly that those sayings represent "Jesus' ministry while he walked the earth."

Towards Jesus ministry he is a ravenous wolf wanting to tear His ministry apart violently. But this is obviously anti-Christ.

So we have a wolf in sheep's clothing - a typical false prophet.

"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

By their fruits you will recognize them. Do men gather grapes from thorns, or figs from thistles." (Matt. 7:15,16)

Now I think I come to the reason why ThinkOfOne conceals his atheism. It is a "fruit" by which all will plainly recognize he is not a true prophet. Since confession of atheism will make him known, I think he feels he is being wise to stealth-fully conceal his true feelings.

Better to cloak his denial of God's existence then to let the wicked fruit be exposed indicating he is a false prophet.

Now by "prophet" I do not mean one who predicts the future only. I think Christ simply meant one who speaks for God - speaks forth on behalf of God.

This false prophet purports to speak forth for God, yet I think he really has Man as his only ultimate authority. - Atheism / Humanism.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Apr 18

I think ToO’s already gone on record as saying he believes Jesus Christ was only a man. By consistently castigating God the Father and praising Jesus Christ, ToO is perversely claiming man (JC in his thinking) is superior to God (God the Father.)

It’s a pretty warped viewpoint, but consistent with my belief that a lot of atheists actually do believe in God - but they hate Him. I think ToO fits that mold.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
03 Apr 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
I think ToO’s already gone on record as saying he believes Jesus Christ was only a man. By consistently castigating God the Father and praising Jesus Christ, ToO is perversely claiming man (JC in his thinking) is superior to God (God the Father.)

It’s a pretty warped viewpoint, but consistent with my belief that a lot of atheists actually do believe in God - but they hate Him. I think ToO fits that mold.
I honestly think you need to reconsider your belief that 'a lot of atheists actually do believe in God - but they hate Him.'

Such 'atheists' (individuals) probably do exist, but are 'not' atheists in any meaningful sense of the word. An atheist by definition does 'not' believe in a God or Gods. If such an individual does secretly believe in a God (which would be necessary in order to hate Him) then he is 'not' an atheist. (Or to steal sonship's expression, a wolf in sheep's clothing).

A genuine atheist simply doesn't believe in God, and as such, there is nothing there to hate (or fear). - I sincerely ask you to think on that. (As an atheist myself I know what I am talking about).

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Apr 18

I honestly think you need to reconsider your belief that 'a lot of atheists actually do believe in God - but they hate Him.'

Such 'atheists' (individuals) probably do exist, but are 'not' atheists in any meaningful sense of the word. An atheist by definition does 'not' believe in a God or Gods. If such an individual does secretly believe in a God ...[text shortened]... . - I sincerely ask you to think on that. (As an atheist myself I know what I am talking about).
I should have edited my most recent post to say “a lot of self-professed atheists.”

Apologies.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Apr 18

Such 'atheists' (individuals) probably do exist, but are 'not' atheists in any meaningful sense of the word. An atheist by definition does 'not' believe in a God or Gods. If such an individual does secretly believe in a God ...[text shortened]... . - I sincerely ask you to think on that. (As an atheist myself I know what I am talking about).
(Or to steal sonship's expression, a wolf in sheep's clothing).

Christ's expression.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 Apr 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
I should have edited my most recent post to say “a lot of self-professed atheists.”

Apologies.
Yes, I can accept 'self-professed atheists.'

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 Apr 18

Originally posted by @sonship
(Or to steal sonship's expression, a wolf in sheep's clothing).

Christ's expression.
Allegedly.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Apr 18
1 edit

Allegedly.
Have you evidence from, let's say, the first five or six centuries of church history that it was seriously disputed that the expression came from His mouth?

Many good study bibles like The Emphasized Bible, often include study notes informing the reader of textural variants and possible manuscript emendations from copyists.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
04 Apr 18
2 edits

Worthy debate - Bart Erhman verses James White
Is the Text of the New Testament Reliable?

Watch the whole thing, get both sides well presented by experts.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 Apr 18

Originally posted by @sonship
Have you evidence from, let's say, the first five or six centuries of church history that it was seriously disputed that the expression came from His mouth?

Many good study bibles like [b]The Emphasized Bible
, often include study notes informing the reader of textural variants and possible manuscript emendations from copyists.[/b]
I don't take at face value any words attributed to anybody that were only written down decades after they were said.

Do you think that unreasonable, bearing in mind I don't buy into the whole 'inspired word of God' thing?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Apr 18
1 edit

I don't take at face value any words attributed to anybody that were only written down decades after they were said.

Do you think that unreasonable, bearing in mind I don't buy into the whole 'inspired word of God' thing?
If you don't think the historical document of the New Testament can be reliable as recording what the earliest disciples of Jesus taught and recorded of His sayings, then there is no other ancient figure in western civilization you can more reasonably accept and being accurately testified to.

That time gap from when they lived and when the earliest copies of writings ABOUT them is far greater in many cases. than the gap from Jesus' life and the New Testament writing.

God already thought of those things and preemptively assured that we have more reason to believe about Jesus Christ then we have to believe about any other person of ancient history.

it is the CONTENT of the message which causes you deeper concern that you are not getting what really happened and was really said.