More Righteous Than Jesus Christ?

More Righteous Than Jesus Christ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
31 Mar 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
You want me to tell you about how the petty and jealous God of the OT differs from the one in the NT?
Yes.
You are being challenged to put that theology degree (which has been such an albatross to your daily life) to good use and demonstrate both the assumption of pettiness and jealousy, as well as the alleged distinction in attitude of the two general dispensations.
Pretend I don't know the first thing about either presentation and the only aspect you're able to use as evidence is action, permissive or sovereign.
Super easy (and superficial) to cherrypick quotes (i.e., I am a jealous God), which may be enough for those who don't wish to know anything beyond a topical understanding.
The bigger question and concern: how does He act?

My assertion: the facile claim does not withstand even the first round of scrutiny.

Moves
31 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @freakykbh
Yes.
You are being challenged to put that theology degree (which has been such an albatross to your daily life) to good use and demonstrate both the assumption of pettiness and jealousy, as well as the alleged distinction in attitude of the two general dispensations.
Pretend I don't know the first thing about either presentation and the only aspect you' ...[text shortened]... ]act[/i]?

My assertion: the facile claim does not withstand even the first round of scrutiny.
Shall we take a stroll into Marcionism?

(Or take a more direct route with the killer bears being sent in 2 Kings 2:23-25 and how this marries with the actions of Christ? )

Edit: Heads up, you really don't want to put the focus on how God 'acts' in the OT, you really don't.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
31 Mar 18

Shall we take a stroll into Marcionism?

(Or take a more direct route with the killer bears being sent in 2 Kings 2:23-25 and how this marries with the actions of Christ? )

Edit: Heads up, you really don't want to put the focus on how God 'acts' in the OT, you really don't.
I wouldn't ask if I didn't know the answer.
Hint: your position isn't merely wrong, it's more in line with ignorance than anything resembling scholarship.
If you walked away with the impression that God was this implacable tyrant who magically transforms to a heart-shaped helium balloon within a few hundred years, the money was not well spent.

Moves
31 Mar 18

Originally posted by @freakykbh
I wouldn't ask if I didn't know the answer.
Hint: your position isn't merely wrong, it's more in line with ignorance than anything resembling scholarship.
If you walked away with the impression that God was this implacable tyrant who magically transforms to a heart-shaped helium balloon within a few hundred years, the money was not well spent.
How about I list 20 Godly actions for you from the OT and you explain, one by one, how they are compatible with the God depicted in the NT?

I won't even mention the killer bears...

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
31 Mar 18

Ghosty gets outed again

Nice Freaky

Moves
31 Mar 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Ghosty gets outed again

Nice Freaky
He hasn't answered yet. 🙄

T

Moves
31 Mar 18

You've made four posts since Freaky said, "Do tell".

He's still waiting for you to actually tell - instead of continuing to dance around it.

No surprise that you've chosen to deceitfully portray the situation as if you're waiting on him. It's what you do.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
31 Mar 18

ToO is right.

You are time wasting . Which means what?

Moves
31 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @thinkofone
You've made four posts since Freaky said, "Do tell".

He's still waiting for you to actually tell - instead of continuing to dance around it.

No surprise that you've chosen to deceitfully portray the situation as if you're waiting on him. It's what you do.
Freaky said 'The bigger question and concern: how does He act?'

I asked him 'How about I list 20 Godly actions for you from the OT and you explain, one by one, how they are compatible with the God depicted in the NT?'

The irony is, you agree that the God depicted in the old and new testaments are incompatible. It just doesn't suit your current trolling to acknowledge it. This is made embarrassingly obvious for you in your last post in the slavery thread:

'1) The reality is that In Leviticus 25:44-46 God is depicted as clearly and unambiguously condoning chattel slavery.
2)The reality is that the depiction of God condoning chattel slavery in Leviticus 25:44-46 flies in the face of righteous God spoken of by Jesus during His ministry.'

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
31 Mar 18

I asked him 'How about I list 20 Godly actions for you from the OT and you explain, one by one, how they are compatible with the God depicted in the NT?'

The irony is, you agree that the God depicted in the old and new testaments are incompatible. It just doesn't suit your curr ...[text shortened]... n Leviticus 25:44-46 flies in the face of righteous God spoken of by Jesus during His ministry.'
You dont get how this works obviously

Let me start a thread for you

T

Moves
31 Mar 18
1 edit

The irony is, you agree that the God depicted in the old and new testaments are incompatible. It just doesn't suit your current trolling to acknowledge it.
The fact remains that he's been waiting on you to actually post something substantive instead of continuing to dance around it by asking inane questions and pretending that you're waiting on him. It's what becker and romans do.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Mar 18
4 edits

he fact remains that he's been waiting on you to actually post something substantive instead of continuing to dance around it by asking inane questions and pretending that you're waiting on him. It's what becker and romans do.

Gargantuan hypocrisy!

Do you even believe that God exists ? teacher to us all about God ?

Monsterous and sickening hypocrisy from ThinkOfOne.

Take note of the coming dodge, evasion, dance around, sidestep, abject hush of silence and ignoring of a simple question above.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
31 Mar 18

Originally posted by @sonship
he fact remains that he's been waiting on you to actually post something substantive instead of continuing to dance around it by asking inane questions and pretending that you're waiting on him. It's what becker and romans do.

Gargantuan hypocrisy!

[b] Do you even believe that God exists ? teacher to us all about God ?

Monst ...[text shortened]... evasion, dance around, sidestep, abject hush of silence and ignoring of a simple question above.[/b]
ToO was responding to Ghosty

He can answer whatever questions he wants. He needn't answer to anyone but himself. The spirit of jc is in all of us

T

Moves
01 Apr 18
4 edits

Originally posted by @sonship

Gargantuan hypocrisy!

[b] Do you even believe that God exists ? teacher to us all about God ?

Monst ...[text shortened]... evasion, dance around, sidestep, abject hush of silence and ignoring of a simple question above.[/b]
I advocate for the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

You and others advocate for a different gospel. Since you and others are unable to refute the truth what I post, you attack the messenger and/or ask off-topic questions as a way of deflecting from this fact.

Hypocrisy? Seriously? Back it up. Cite examples of where I've danced around the topic at hand by asking inane questions and pretending that I'm waiting on other posters. You seriously can't make the distinction between that and not answering off-topic questions?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Apr 18

The fact remains that he's been waiting on you to actually post something substantive instead of continuing to dance around it by asking inane questions and pretending that you're waiting on him. It's what becker and romans do.
You’re lying in regard to your comment concerning me (and Becker as well.) You’ve ignored literally dozens of questions that expose your “Jesus was just a man” doctrine is rubbish and blasphemy against Christ.

Your being exposed has obviously upset you so you’re projecting your behavior onto other posters as a coping mechanism. It’s dishonest and ethically repulsive, but I’ve sadly come to expect no better from you.