More Righteous Than Jesus Christ?

More Righteous Than Jesus Christ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
26 Mar 18

Originally posted by @fmf
This is an interesting way to respond to sonship's gimmick.
I wonder if he will agree.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Mar 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
You refused to respond to me in the slavery thread and now you DEMAND that I respond to you here.
Let me now see if anyone gives me reason to think I should trust their evaluation of God's character over the evaluation of Jesus.

Divegeester -

You refused to respond to me in the slavery thread and now you DEMAND that I respond to you here.

As to who ignored who first? That would be a interesting historical study I suppose going back over years of thread posts. His question got dealt with, just not directly replying to him.

Your'e still hoping I'll go chase some red herring off the trail.
No clear response from Dive yet, whether he can condemn Christ morally Who of the Pentateuch's God He said -

"Righteous Father, though the world has not known You, yet I have known You ... (John 17:25a)

I should trust the judgment of Jesus Christ over the judgement of Divegeester on the law of God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Mar 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Yes sonship. I am more righteous than the tribalistic and petty God who sends bears to rip children apart and will watch as people are tormented for eternity in the fires of hell, simply for not believing in him.

Am I more righteous than a genuine deity who is perfectly loving and good? No.
Ghost steps forward with a proposal.

Yes sonship. I am more righteous than the tribalistic and petty God who sends bears to rip children apart and will watch as people are tormented for eternity in the fires of hell, simply for not believing in him.

Did Ghost answer the question whether he is more righteous than Jesus Christ? Its hard to tell.
Its a maybe.

He does seem to say God is beneath him in morality.
He doesn't specify Jesus.

And Ghost's impact on history is waiting to be seen if he really is a higher expression of morality that Jesus Christ.

This is still and ambiguous grumble.
But he gave it a try.

I think it is safe for me to continue to trust the evaluation of Jesus Christ concerning God, His "Righteous Father" on all things biblical including the slave laws, over Ghost.

Whose next?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @thinkofone
The OP's question was rendered moot by the following:

In Leviticus 25:44-46 God is depicted as clearly and unambiguously condoning chattel slavery.

This flies in the face of what Jesus taught is the foundation of the will of God:
Matthew 7
12“In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the law an ...[text shortened]... ighteousness, their morality, and their ethics are greater then that of Jesus Christ" it is YOU.
These may not be in order. And I may be re-replying to some of these.

AtheistOfOne doesn't get close.
He ends up accusing me of thinking I am more righteous than Jesus Christ.

If you ask ME, I would say it is impossible that I could be.
Christ justified me before God. Because of Him I know God.
I was in the dark before, not knowing His Righteous Father at all.

I was something like AtheistOfOne is now.
I hope he turns to Christ. But first he has to believe that God IS.

"But without faith it is impossible to be well pleasing to Him, for he who comes forward to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (Hebrews 11:6)

I think I should continue to trust the moral evaluation of Jesus Christ about the God of the OT and His law over the evaluation of AthiestOfOne.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Mar 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
Calm down jaywill.

Please take the time to actually read and comprehend the post to which you responded.
I like this one.

Calm down jaywill.

Please take the time to actually read and comprehend the post to which you responded.

AtheistOfOne is a good example that a heretic can be calm.

Sure, a heretic can be a calm heretic. Of course God said we should love Him with all of our heart, mind, will, strength ... etc. God seemed to say out WHOLE being is involved.

That shalt not be excited? I didn't read that in the commandments.

At any rate, calmly or with emotional passion, I haven't seen any reason AtheistOfOne's evaluation of the character of God even in the slavery laws, should be trusted over the evaluation of Christ.

AtheistOfOne doesn't clearly say he is more righteous then Jesus Christ. So I think I should still trust Christ's description of His Father over AtheistOfOne's assault.

Does he believe in God at all?
Shhhhhhh!
THAT's ... a secret!

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Mar 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Sometimes you have to wonder about sonship.
He certainly has more than a few loose screws.
Not even close to being close.

No indication if Rajk999 thinks his righteousness exceeds that of Jesus.

No one yet clearly says Christ made a bad call to describe His Father as "Righteous Father." .

This is the God who gave the Israelites those laws.
Who was more qualified to condemn God than the Man Jesus?

He didn't. He did quite the opposite.
And He was absolute for His Father's will to the uttermost, at the cost of everything to Him.

" ... Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet, not My will, but Yours be done." (Luke 22:42)

Do you think anyone here could ever be so absolute for the will of God? He must have known His Father was perfect.

I trust Christ's righteousness and His description of God over the fault finders here pointing to the slave laws of the OT.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 Mar 18

I think the thread has really accomplished its purpose.

Of yet I see NO ONE claims that they are more righteous than Jesus Christ.

God condoned slavery - so they say.
Jesus condoned God - as He calls Him "Righteous Father"
No one admits that as a bad call because THEY are morally superior to Jesus Christ.

Ghost came the closest to saying he is more righteous then Christ. But then again he didn't specifically mention Christ.

As for me. I am not more righteous than Jesus Christ who called God Righteous. In myself I am only good for the lake of fire.

By His grace and mercy I have been saved, forgiven, cleansed in His blood, redeemed and He is growing in me.

I don't claim to completely understand all of God's ways.
But I trust that no one here can evaluate the character of God in a more trustworthy way than that qualified One - Jesus Christ.

Thanks for your participation guys.
Thread can be closed here actually -

More Righteous Then Jesus Christ?

NOBODY here claims it.

Moves
26 Mar 18

Originally posted by @sonship

[b]Yes sonship. I am more righteous than the tribalistic and petty God who sends bears to rip children apart and will watch as people are tormented for eternity in the fires of hell, simply for not believing in him.

Did Ghost answer the question whether he is more righteous than Jesus Christ? ...[text shortened]... ighteous Father"[/b] on all things biblical including the slave laws, over Ghost.

Whose next?[/b]
Did you really just edit out the second part of my post?! How thoroughly disingenuous of you. The 'point' was contained in the second part!!!

"Am I more righteous than a genuine deity who is perfectly loving and good? No."

T

Moves
26 Mar 18
3 edits

The reality is that In Leviticus 25:44-46 God is depicted as clearly and unambiguously condoning chattel slavery.

The reality is that chattel slavery flies in the face of what Jesus taught is the foundation of the will of God (Matthew 7:12, Matthew 22:37-40) :
1) Chattel slavery flies in the face of "treat people the same way you want them to treat you".
2) Chattel slavery flies in the face of "‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF".

The reality is that chattel slavery flies in the face of the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

The reality is that chattel slavery flies in the face of the righteousness preached by Jesus during His ministry.

The reality is that chattel slavery flies in the face of the righteous God spoken of by Jesus during His ministry.

The reality is that the depiction of God condoning chattel slavery in Leviticus 25:44-46 flies in the face of righteous God spoken of by Jesus during His ministry.

The reality is that in continuing to defend chattel slavery (which is depicted in Leviticus 25:44-46), jaywill has shown himself to "believe [his] righteousness, [his] morality, and [his] ethics are greater then that of Jesus Christ".

The OP and subsequent posts by jaywill are emblematic of the sophistry that's required for many Christians to maintain their belief in the fallacious doctrine that they have been taught.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Mar 18

[b]Yes sonship. I am more righteous than the tribalistic and petty God who sends bears to rip children apart and will watch as people are tormented for eternity in the fires of hell, simply for not believing in him.

Did Ghost answer the question whether he is more righteous than Jesus Christ? ...[text shortened]... ighteous Father"[/b] on all things biblical including the slave laws, over Ghost.

Whose next?[/b]
So you’re back to pull your underpants up.

Are you going to respond to any of my other posts or just keep pressing on with your false dichotomy?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Mar 18

Let's see if anyone comes forward.

I would think the loudest mouths on the immorality of His law, would come forward.

The amazing thing about the [b]Job
verse is that in the New Testament, God incarnate WAS condemned that we would be justified.[/b]
I haven't come across anyone who has claimed to be more righteous than jc ,

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Mar 18
3 edits

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
I haven't come across anyone who has claimed to be more righteous than jc ,
Jesus Christ spoke much and extensively on God. If anyone was qualified to explain the unrighteousness of God in His giving the laws it would have been Jesus. He surely knew of it all - Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, the Pentateuch and the law and the prophets of the entire OT.

There's not a hint from Christ that God was unrighteous. Quite the contrary is the case.

On any aspect of the law then, no one is more qualified to evaluate them then Jesus. He said His Father was perfect.

"You therefore shall be perfect even as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matt. 5:48)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 Mar 18
1 edit

I take Matthew 5:48 to mean:

1.) God is perfect.

2.) God's salvation can bring the sinners into His own perfection. It is not of their own power. It is of His grace with out cooperation.

We who believe will be perfected because He is able to save us to the uttermost by the dispensing of His life and nature into the redeemed.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Mar 18

I take [b]Matthew 5:48 to mean:

1.) God is perfect.

2.) God's salvation can bring the sinners into His own perfection. It is not of their own power. It is of His grace with out cooperation.

We who believe will be perfected because He is able to save us to the uttermost by the dispensing of His life and nature into the redeemed.[/b]
I wonder if Ananias and Sapphira had the same nonsense doctrine in their heads ... lol 😀 .. Be careful ... God might strike you down one day for preaching all that garbage to people.

T

Moves
27 Mar 18
1 edit

Jesus Christ spoke much and extensively on God. If anyone was qualified to explain the unrighteousness of God in His giving the laws it would have been Jesus. He surely knew of it all - [b]Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, the Pentateuch and the law and the prophets of the entire OT.

There's not a hint from Christ that God was unrighteous. Quite the ...[text shortened]... therefore shall be perfect even as your heavenly Father is perfect." (Matt. 5:48) [/b] [/quote][/b]
In Leviticus 25:44-46 God is depicted as clearly and unambiguously condoning chattel slavery.

That flies in the face of what Jesus taught is the foundation of the will of God:
Matthew 7
12“In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the law and the prophets.

Matthew 22
37And He said to him, “ ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’ 38“This is the great and foremost commandment. 39“The second is like it, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ 40“On these two commandments depend the whole law and the prophets.”

Chattel slavery flies in the face of "treat people the same way you want them to treat you".
Chattel slavery flies in the face of "‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF".
Chattel slavery flies in the face of the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

The Jews thought they understood the will of God. Jesus kept correcting them. The Jews didn't really understand God. This was a prevalent theme in the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

Leviticus 25:44-46 is an example of how the Jews didn't really understand God.