1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Mar '18 23:591 edit
    Who participating in discussions on this Forum believes that they are more righteous than Jesus Christ?

We have Divegeester, for example, boldly claiming that the laws of God concerning slavery in the Pentateuch were "indefensible."

Who are the posters here who believe their righteousness, their morality, and their ethics are greater then that of Jesus Christ ?

This is the place for you to confess that to all of us.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 00:052 edits
    If the law of God was indefensible we should have examples of Jesus saying that His Father or He was immoral.

Jesus referred to His Father as "Righteous Father" (John 17:25) . If you judge God as immoral in His laws then why do you not condemn Jesus for countering your accusation, calling God of all the Bible "Righteous Father" ?

Who objecting to the law of God's level of morality believes themselves to be more righteous than Jesus Christ?

Ghost-of-a-Duke?
    ThinkOfOne?
    Divegeester?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 00:132 edits
    I attempt to bring out a fuller picture of the laws in Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy concerning Israel's instructions in their treatment of slaves, servants, bond servants. .

Divegeester replies:
    This is just a dishonest smokescreen sonship. The truth is, if you are honest, that you just don’t want to find yourself once again defending the indefensible.

Tell us plainly if your morality exceeds that of the Father and the Son Who said of God "Righteous Father, though the world has not known You, yet I have known You, ... "(John 17:25a)"

Tell us plainly if YOUR estimation of the God in Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy and all the Old Testament is inferior in morality to yourself.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 00:201 edit
    You who condemn God as immoral in His laws, you don't need to wait to see what your partners will say. YOU tell us plainly if your judgment of God is right and Jesus Christ was wrong to call the God of Israel "Righteous Father" (John 17:25) .

You don't need to wait to see what your buddies will say.
    Tell us plainly, if you are more righteous than Christ.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 00:38
    Originally posted by @sonship
    You who condemn God as immoral in His laws, you don't need to wait to see what your partners will say. YOU tell us plainly if your judgment of God is right and Jesus Christ was wrong to call the God of Israel [b]"Righteous Father" (John 17:25) .

You don't need to wait to see what your buddies will say.
    Tell us plainly, if you are more righteous than Christ.[/b]
    Your query brought this verse from Job to mind:

“Wilt thou also disannul my judgment? wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be righteous?”

(Job 40:8)

Some posters condemn others to feel righteous - condemning God to feel righteous brings the repulsiveness to a whole new level.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 00:481 edit
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Your query brought this verse from Job to mind:

“Wilt thou also disannul my judgment? wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be righteous?”

(Job 40:8)

Some posters condemn others to feel righteous - condemning God to feel righteous brings the repulsiveness to a whole new level.
    Let's see if anyone comes forward.

I would think the loudest mouths on the immorality of His law, would come forward.

The amazing thing about the Job verse is that in the New Testament, God incarnate WAS condemned that we would be justified.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 00:50
    Let's see if anyone comes forward.

I would think the loudest mouths on the immorality of His law, would come forward.

The amazing thing about the [b]Job
    verse is that God incarnate WAS condemned that we would be justified.[/b]
    <<The amazing thing about the Job verse is that God incarnate WAS condemned that we would be justified.[/b]>>

That’s a great point.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 01:06
    Who objecting to the law of God's level of morality believes themselves to be more righteous than Jesus Christ?

Ghost-of-a-Duke?
    ThinkOfOne?
    Divegeester?
    If you admire what the ancient Hebrews wrote about - and for - themselves - their culture, their folklore, their laws - then that's fine. If you admire what the early Christians wrote about Jesus in the wake of his death, then that's also fine.

But why must everyone link the two inextricably together in the same way as you do? Why are you demanding homogeneity of ideology on a message board with a diverse selection of contributors like this one?

Isn't that heterogeneity of ideas and beliefs the very reason for frequenting this place rather than something to rail against?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 01:152 edits
    Originally posted by @fmf
    If you admire what the ancient Hebrews wrote about - and for - themselves - their culture, their ...

I only got to the word "their" in your sentence. Its presuppositions are YOURS, not mine.

"ancient Hebrews wrote about - and for themselves - their culture" presupposes that God did not speak. And that is not the debate I am interested in in this thread.

If you think you are more righteous than Jesus Christ, just tell us.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 01:23
    I only got to the word "their" in your sentence. Its presuppositions are YOURS, not mine.
    Well, you should perhaps read what I said. It was written for you.
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 01:24
    Who participating in discussions on this Forum believes that they are more righteous than Jesus Christ? ...
    define 'righteous'.

The best of jesus is pretty good, I admit.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 01:31
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Well, you should perhaps read what I said. It was written for you.
    I read it. Thankyou.
    I'll re-read it.

That is not the trail I want to run off down here now.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 01:31
    If you think you are more righteous than Jesus Christ, just tell us.
    The Abrahamic mythology that Jews and Christians and Muslims share, and the cult of personality carefully constructed around Jesus in the centuries after his death, have no bearing on me and create no comparison or dilemma or question that I have to deal with. There is no onus on me to supply you with a set of superstitious notions that might replace the ones you already have.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 01:343 edits
    Originally posted by @apathist
    define 'righteous'.

The best of jesus is pretty good, I admit.
    Those who participated in saying the laws about servants / masters in the OT were immoral know enough to know what is meant by "righteous".

No one asked for definitions of "righteous" when they launched their diatribes against the slave laws in the law of God.

I do notice some awful BIG MOUTHS are strangely quiet. Maybe they're away ?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '18 01:36
    I read it. Thankyou.
    I'll re-read it.

That is not the trail I want to run off down here now.
    The different ideologies and perspectives you encounter ought surely to be something you welcome, right? If you want ideological purity and a conspicuous lack of diversity, then there are forums, communities and blogs that will give you just that. Surely you find it fascinating to hear the thoughts of someone, for example, who thinks Jesus was a mortal, and that Paul distorted that man's message? Surely that is more interesting than talking to people who agree with you about your particular ideology?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree