Meta-narrative

Meta-narrative

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
21 Jun 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
It doesn’t matter how you feel about the narrative it only matters if it reflects reality or not.
I have no doubt that you derive some solace from believing your own supposed immortality "reflects reality".

F

Moves
21 Jun 22

@kellyjay said
There are not religious truths and scientific truths there is only truth.
"Religious truths" are merely a blend of personal opinions and aspirations that have little or no objective foundation.

F

Moves
21 Jun 22

@kellyjay said
You deny now it happened to you, now you claim it was simply a false belief worthy of rejection. Correct?
I don't deny that had faith like yours when I was a Christian.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Jun 22

@kellyjay said
Not very descriptive, you could say that to anyone else and depending on each person the meaning would change.
Correct; I was talking about your particular brand.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Jun 22

@kellyjay said
We are saved by Christ not by our efforts.
But according to your belief we maintain our salvation by doing or not doing certain things?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jun 22

@fmf said
Encompassing all of what? Consistent with what?
Everything the material and immaterial in the universe. Our worldviews are like a picture puzzle, where we think this is what it all looks like and why. When we get it right all the pieces fit nicely, when we don’t we have contradictions and things fail to make sense with other parts of the whole.

You dismiss anything without a cause you are doing so not due to anything meaningful.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jun 22

@fmf said
"Religious truths" are merely a blend of personal opinions and aspirations that have little or no objective foundation.
Truth is truth, unless you are prepared to say something can only be true because it comes from an acceptable source.

Can you say A is true unless specific types of people believe it, and is not if others do?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Jun 22

@KellyJay

You ignoring me now then?

🙂

F

Moves
21 Jun 22

@kellyjay said
Truth is truth, unless you are prepared to say something can only be true because it comes from an acceptable source.
We can only speculate about supernatural beings and phenomena. Saying things like "truth is truth" does not lend any weight to your personal opinions and hopes.

F

Moves
21 Jun 22

@kellyjay said
Can you say A is true unless specific types of people believe it, and is not if others do?
People can make whatever assertions they want about "the truth" of "A". I don't mind what religion people profess or what "specific types of people" they are.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jun 22

@divegeester said
@KellyJay

You ignoring me now then?

🙂
If you ever say something worth responding to, I will, but for the most part
you are all insults, and you tend to ignore answers to questions given to you
that require a little thought to comprehend.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jun 22

@fmf said
We can only speculate about supernatural beings and phenomena. Saying things like "truth is truth" does not lend any weight to your personal opinions and hopes.
If something is true, it doesn't matter if we arrived at it through science, religion,
or philosophy; it is true. To suggest something is only a religious truth invites the
notion it isn't true because there is some religious element to it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jun 22

@fmf said
People can make whatever assertions they want about "the truth" of "A". I don't mind what religion people profess or what "specific types of people" they are.
That is because you don't care what people say; they are only voicing their opinions
and the weight of the opinions is not a matter of interest to you; you simply say
we can only speculate when it comes to a large swath of topics.

F

Moves
21 Jun 22

@kellyjay said
Our worldviews are like a picture puzzle, where we think this is what it all looks like and why. When we get it right all the pieces fit nicely, when we don’t we have contradictions and things fail to make sense with other parts of the whole.
I don't see there's any harm in you having a worldview which "makes sense" to you and where you feel you have "got it right and all the pieces fit nicely". If believing in your own immortality, for example, helps you to solve the "picture puzzle" to your personal satisfaction ~ if that floats your emotional/ intellectual boats ~ , then so be it.

F

Moves
21 Jun 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
That is because you don't care what people say; they are only voicing their opinions
and the weight of the opinions is not a matter of interest to you; you simply say
we can only speculate when it comes to a large swath of topics.
I do care what you say and what your opinions are. Otherwise I wouldn't bother to engage you. If the "weight" of your opinions about these matters changes mine, I will let you know.