Literal vs Metaphor challenge

Literal vs Metaphor challenge

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
08 Nov 18
1 edit

@sonship said

Who made me the official moderator of all Christians who participate in this Forum?
God did!

'And he sent them out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to heal.' (Luke 9:2)

And:

'Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ.' (Colossians 1:28).

(Sonship, 'let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.' )

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 18
1 edit

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

God did!

And:

'Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in Christ.' (Colossians 1:28).

(Sonship, 'let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.' )

Thank you for the passages of encouragement.

If you go through Second Corinthians you will see that Paul said that he stayed within his measure. He perceived that a certain scope of ministry was given to him by God. He stayed within his limits, he said.

He did not PRESUME to extend himself beyond a certain arena he believed had been assigned to him by God.

"But we will not boast beyond our measure but according to the measure of the rule which the God of measure has apportioned to us, to reach even as far as you." (2 Cor. 10:13)

I would say this. If you do know that men ought to glorify God the Father who is in heaven, don't wait for me to have a reason to do that glorifying. Drop your atheism and give thanks and glory to the living God who IS.

I mean if you are so clear that that should be the result of a Christian's service, there is no need for you to wait. Your exhortation is sincere?

Or your exhortation is a facade to cloak some kind of accusation ? You really don't have to answer me about this now. Just think on it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Nov 18
1 edit

@divegeester said
Original sin. I have explained what, six times now.

Also that they are babies and have virtually no cognitive processing of higher level ideas such as deities.

What evidence have you got that babies have even “a knowledge of god”?
dbl post sorry

F

Moves
08 Nov 18

@sonship said
What's being said is that you seem to be lying when you say you were unaware of what Romans1009 was posting.

Folks, do you know who is the person MOST suspicious that he is being robbed? It is the one who knows how to rob others.

The Pick Pocket is the one who is SO SURE that someone is attempting to pick HIS pocket.

The one who is adept at twisting ...[text shortened]...
"As face answers to face in water, so the mind of a man reflects the man." Proverbs 27:19
The "Pick Pocket"?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Nov 18

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I don't think I need to spoon feed you here Kelly. There is substantial evidence from people far smarter than the both of us that clearly evidence our homo sapien origin rendering the Adam and Eve story nonsensical. (If taken literally).
And you have something to backup that claim here, because there are smarter people than us who disagree with you. Smart people is not a normal standard for truth.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Nov 18

@divegeester said
According to KellyJay, everything in the bible is literal.
Including Daniel’s vision monsters.
If he saw a vision and described it, it would be a literal vision described as seen. That makes the vision literal but what the vision represents something that may or may not be real.

Moves
08 Nov 18

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

[quote] God did!

And:

(Sonship, 'let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your F ...[text shortened]... oak some kind of accusation ? You really don't have to answer me about this now. Just think on it.
It is incumbent upon you, as a man filled with the spirit of God, to encourage and remind other Christians to treat others with humility and respect. It is not incumbent upon atheists to do this. I thought that was the difference between us? That you were governed by a higher power?

And yes, I accuse you of being a poor Christian in this matter, for not challenging Romans 'unchristian' behavior, especially when he would wrap himself in the Bible while simultaneously making a mockery of your faith.

Moves
08 Nov 18

@kellyjay said
And you have something to backup that claim here, because there are smarter people than us who disagree with you. Smart people is not a normal standard for truth.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_(Australopithecus)

Happy reading.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
08 Nov 18

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
08 Nov 18
1 edit

@sonship said
"But let your word be, Yes, yes, or no, no; for anything more than this is of the evil one." (Matt. 5:37)
Out of your own mouth you betray yourself with scripture.

How many times have I asked you for a YES or a NO?! When I do this it’s not a trick question, it is scriptural. And you dodge and deflect and duck and dive.

You NEVER give the scriptural YES or NO.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Nov 18
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucy_(Australopithecus)

Happy reading.
Will you read or listen to a link I give you all the way through?

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
08 Nov 18
1 edit

@sonship said
"But let your word be, Yes, yes, or no, no; for anything more than this is of the evil one." (Matt. 5:37)
Ok here we go with a test for you on this sonship...

If I outright reject your teaching of the trinity doctrine, will I be precluded, on that basis alone, from salvation. Yes or no?

Let your YES be YES and you NO be NO.

Let’s see if you are full of what you post.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
08 Nov 18
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Will you reply to my replies to you about John the Baptist?

No you won’t, so why should anyone commit anything to you?

Moves
08 Nov 18

@kellyjay said
Depends on what it relates to.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
08 Nov 18
1 edit

@kellyjay said
If he saw a vision and described it, it would be a literal vision described as seen. That makes the vision literal but what the vision represents something that may or may not be real.
What on Earth are you on about!

Dreams are real dreams, the monsters in those dreams are not real.

Do you get that? Are you really this dim?

No you are just casually dishonest.