Literal vs Metaphor challenge

Literal vs Metaphor challenge

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
08 Nov 18

@kellyjay said
Two different things, what you are taught and what you had a birth. Assuming one
is the same as the other, is just that an assumption.
Do you think newborn babies are Muslims [here where I live] if their parents are Muslims? And I don't mean in the demographic/government bureaucracy sense.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Nov 18

@fmf said
Do you think newborn babies are Muslims [here where I live] if their parents are Muslims? And I don't mean in the demographic/government bureaucracy sense.
When I wrote about it here I used John the Baptist as an example as insight into
one who leaped for joy. What we start off with and how we end up are two
different things. Being born into a Muslim family doesn't mean that is what you
will be in the end any more than being born into a Christian family means that will
be where you end up either. Individuals, will make individual choices that will take
them where they are going.

I've posted here the testimony of a Muslim who found Christ, and I'm sure we
all could post testimonies of those who turned into Atheist, Muslim, or something
else all of which proves my point.

F

Moves
08 Nov 18

@kellyjay said
When I wrote about it here I used John the Baptist as an example as insight into
will be in the end any more than being born into a Christian family means that will
be where you end up either. Individuals, will make indi ...[text shortened]... stimonies of those who turned into Atheist, Muslim, or something
So? Do babies born down my street have religious affiliations or do they have no religious affiliations when they are born?

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
08 Nov 18
3 edits

@kellyjay said
be where you end up either. Individuals, will make indi ...[text shortened]... stimonies of those who turned into Atheist, Muslim, or something
As you well know, John the Baptist was an exception as he was filled with the spirit from his mother’s womb. Stop being dishonest.

Luke 1:15
“He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice at his birth, for he (john the bapsitist) will be great in the sight of the Lord. He shall never take wine or strong drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even from his mother’s womb.”

According to the versions of your own dogma, babies are born into original sin and exhibit the same characteristics as the rest of us which you frequently tell us about. Such as an evil heart, rotten core, full of sin etc and so forth.

You do believe in original sin don’t you?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Nov 18
1 edit

@fmf said
So? Do babies born down my street have religious affiliations or do they have no religious affiliations when they are born?
Knowing God as I pointed out was something John the Baptist showed when he reacted in his mother’s womb. A religious affiliation in today’s vocabulary may suggest a specific belief system among men. I doubt that if they are preprogrammed to be a Christian or Atheist but I see no reason to doubt that they are unaware of the Divine. Unprovable except through scripture which many reject outright or in part.

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
08 Nov 18
1 edit

Oh dear, I think KellyJay is ignoring me again now.

How dare I point out his circular reasoning and flawed doctrinal combinations.

F

Moves
08 Nov 18

@kellyjay said
Knowing God as I pointed out was something John the Baptist showed when he reacted in his mother’s womb. A religious affiliation in today’s vocabulary may suggest a specific belief system among men. I doubt that if they are preprogrammed to be a Christian or Atheist but I see no reason to doubt that they are unaware of the Divine. Unprovable except through scripture which many reject outright or in part.
Newborns do have religious affiliations or newborns do not have religious affiliations?

Which is it?

I am using the same terminology as you used.

F

Moves
08 Nov 18

@kellyjay said
I see no reason to doubt that they are unaware of the Divine.
What do you think this sentence of yours means? You believe babies are unaware of "the divine"?

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
08 Nov 18
2 edits

@kellyjay said
I shall just re-posting the truth so you can keep overlooking it in your head-in-sand childish way that you do when you find yourself in a pinch.

As you well know, John the Baptist was an exception as he was filled with the spirit from his mother’s womb. Stop being dishonest.

Luke 1:15
“He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice at his birth, for he (john the bapsitist) will be great in the sight of the Lord. He shall never take wine or strong drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even from his mother’s womb.”

According to the versions of your own dogma, babies are born into original sin and exhibit the same characteristics as the rest of us which you frequently tell us about. Such as an evil heart, rotten core, full of sin etc and so forth.

You do believe in original sin don’t you?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 18
3 edits

@divegeester

What’s the question sonship?

I've asked you so many that you bury your head in the sand about, its hard to keep track.

I think the last or next to the last one I asked HERE was something like - How would you prove or just demonstrate that once a person DIES he is incapable of further sinning.

And it WAS a genuine question. I was open to hear your logic. I don't KNOW that sinning ceases when the soul leaves the body and enters into another realm.

I think that was close to last or the last major question.

Seriously dude; I’ve had a 12 hour day with included 4.5 hours of driving, a top customer meeting, a uk management team meeting and a 1-2-1 with chief commercial officer.

We are all busy with other responsibilities ... dude. Not just you drive here and there and cannot always keep up on every comment.

Funny that when it comes to some poster Roman1009's being banned the same consideration isn't held about me possibly knowing nothing about it. I'm suppose to know all about that, right?

Were not all at home reading watchman nee comics and practicing our html skills.

Thanks for the mention of brother Watchman Nee. I'll take this opportunity to list of few of his books that true seekers of spirituality might be interested to read.

But I'll limit the voluminous reference just to twenty.

And Peter
Assembly Life, The
Authority and Submission
Body of Christ, The (W.N. Booklet)
Breaking of the Outer Man and the Release of the Spirit, The
Burden and Prayer
Character of the Lord's Worker, The
Christ Becoming Our Wisdom
Christ is All Spiritual Matters and Things
Christ our Righteousness
Church Affairs
Collected Works of Watchman Nee, The (Set 1) Vol. 01: The Christian Life and Warfare
Collected Works of Watchman Nee, The (Set 1) Vol. 02: The Word of the Cross
Collected Works of Watchman Nee, The (Set 1) Vol. 03, The Christian (1)
Collected Works of Watchman Nee, The (Set 1) Vol. 04: The Christian (2)
Collected Works of Watchman Nee, The (Set 1) Vol. 05: The Christian (3)
Collected Works of Watchman Nee, The (Set 1) Vol. 06: The Christian (4)
Collected Works of Watchman Nee, The (Set 1) Vol. 07: The Christian (5)
Collected Works of Watchman Nee, The (Set 1) Vol. 08: The Present Testimony (1)
Collected Works of Watchman Nee, The (Set 1) Vol. 09: The Present Testimony (2)

For further works see www.ministrybooks.org

At the judgment seat of Christ, I wouldn't mind having spiritually service like this for the Body of Christ to present rather than the collection of ... posts ... we've seen from you here for years.

And no more wisecracks about my HTML !!

Want REAL change?

Vote for it!

Moves
08 Nov 18
2 edits

@sonship said
@divegeester

What’s the question sonship?

I've asked you so many that you bury your head in the sand about, its hard to keep track.
Don’t be dishonest. You know very well I was replying to a specific post of yours.

If you a question then post it, it not then don’t expect me to read through your boring hairdryer posts of ostentatious waffle.

Moves
08 Nov 18

@kellyjay said
Your belief system doesn't line up with the text so the text is wrong, there are a lot
of people of that mindset.
Sorry Kelly but you clearly have that back to front. It is 'the text' that doesn't line up with evidenced data of our evolution.

It merely confirms that the writer of Genesis was unaware of our true origin as a species.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 18
1 edit

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

According to Hugh Ross the current designation of man is "Homo Sapien Sapien".

Just listen to just the first 10 minnutes.
Possibly described as Old Earth Creationist - astrophysicist - Phd.

Who was Adam? - Hugh Ross

&t=10s

But out of curiosity -
What was the very first instance of biological Natural Selection ?

F

Moves
08 Nov 18
1 edit

@sonship said
Funny that when it comes to some poster Roman1009's being banned the same consideration isn't held about me possibly knowing nothing about it. I'm suppose to know all about that, right?
Your claim that you didn't notice his creepy behaviour spread across thousands and thousands of posts spamming hundreds of threads over a period of nine months is not believable.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Nov 18

@fmf said
Newborns do have religious affiliations or newborns do not have religious affiliations?

Which is it?

I am using the same terminology as you used.
If you call being aware of the divine religious affiliation yes.