Literal vs Metaphor challenge

Literal vs Metaphor challenge

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 18
3 edits

@FMF

Earlier you said "I have no idea whatsoever of what you are talking about" when Romans1009's posting was mentioned.

It sounds like you want me to LIE.
It sounds like you want me to tell a LIE that this thing about piss in a bottle said by Romans1009 or you or his child exploitation , I am completely UNaware of ..

You want me to LIE TO YOU ALL that I really knew about his being banned for some comment about urine in a bottle.

Was he banned because of that ??
I didn't know.

You:
When Romans1009 was offering endless banter about getting an 8 year old child drunk and trying to get it to have sex with waitresses ~ for which he has now been banned ~ did you see him as your Christian brother, or were you too busy getting apoplectic about a more genuine Christian brother of yours whose doctrinal differences with you rub you up the wrong way?

Me:

I have no idea whatsoever of what you are talking about.
You apparently took meticulous notes.

I knew of poster Roman1009.
I knew nothing whatsoever about the incident surrounding his being banned. Urine in a bottle (like) or child abuse or whatever.

Do you prefer that I LIE to you about it?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Nov 18

@divegeester said
Hey you are the one claiming babies born into original sin have a belief in god!
For all I know it’s knowledge not a belief. If you accept scripture then there is a good chance that they know, its is just as possible yes verses no. Which was why I asked you how did you know when you made your claim.

F

Moves
08 Nov 18

@sonship said
@FMF

Earlier you said "I have no idea whatsoever of what you are talking about" when Romans1009's posting was mentioned.

It sounds like you want me to tell a LIE that this thing about piss in a bottle said by Romans1009 or you or childf exploitation , I am completely aware of ..

You want me to LIE TO YOU ALL that I ...[text shortened]... Urine in a bottle (like) or child abuse or whatever.

I think you've been lying about this matter, frankly yes. Do I want you to lie? No.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Nov 18

@kellyjay said
For all I know it’s knowledge not a belief. If you accept scripture then there is a good chance that they know, its is just as possible yes verses no. Which was why I asked you how did you know when you made your claim.
Original sin. I have explained what, six times now.

Also that they are babies and have virtually no cognitive processing of higher level ideas such as deities.

What evidence have you got that babies have even “a knowledge of god”?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Nov 18

@fmf said
I think you've been lying about this matter, frankly yes. Do I want you to lie? No.
The casual dishonesty by Christians in this forum is incredible.

Moves
08 Nov 18

@kellyjay said
To what evidence are you referring to? Quite a statement are you going to provide this, or just claim it is out there somewhere and I have to trust you?
I don't think I need to spoon feed you here Kelly. There is substantial evidence from people far smarter than the both of us that clearly evidence our homo sapien origin rendering the Adam and Eve story nonsensical. (If taken literally).

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
08 Nov 18

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I don't think I need to spoon feed you here Kelly. There is substantial evidence from people far smarter than the both of us that clearly evidence our homo sapien origin rendering the Adam and Eve story nonsensical. (If taken literally).
According to KellyJay, everything in the bible is literal.
Including Daniel’s vision monsters.

F

Moves
08 Nov 18

@sonship said
I knew of poster Roman1009.
I knew nothing whatsoever about the incident surrounding his being banned. Urine in a bottle (like) or child abuse or whatever.
There was no "incident". It was 8-9 months of posting. The comparison to the infamous "Piss Christ" was mine. If, as you now claim, you did read his "combative" posts about sexualizing an 8 year old and getting it drunk, months and months of it - sometimes it was all he posted - interspersed with copy pastes from the Bible, then you will understand the "Piss Christ" comparison. Biggest creep this community has ever seen, and you "knew nothing about it". It's not believable. Have you heard of "Piss Christ"?

Moves
08 Nov 18

@sonship said
@FMF

It sounds like you want me to tell a LIE that this thing about piss in a bottle said by Romans1009 or you or his child exploitation , I am completely UNaware of ..

You want me to LIE TO YOU ALL t ...[text shortened]... Urine in a bottle (like) or child abuse or whatever.

Truth is sonship you tolerated and turned a blind eye to some of the abhorrence he posted here as at times he proved a useful ally to you.

There were, however, a number of admirable Christians here who rightly challenged him on some of the disturbing things he posted. It's a real pity you were not among them.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 18
7 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Truth is sonship you tolerated and turned a blind eye to some of the abhorrence he posted here as at times he proved a useful ally to you.

So you consider me some kind of MAIN referee of all Christians who post here? I mean I am to personally intervene, notify them, adjust them if they behave unbecomingly ?

Do I scold you for " turning a blind eye " to every tom, dick, and harry agnostic, atheist or skeptic who writes something offensive here?

Do I say to you "Ghost, what is a MATTER with you? You didn't know about this? You didn't jump in and moderate this?"

Who made me the official moderator of all Christians who participate in this Forum ?

There were, however, a number of admirable Christians here who rightly challenged him on some of the disturbing things he posted. It's a real pity you were not among them.

I said before, I THINK I may have either WANTED to send him a private message or maybe I did.

If I did, I do not remember anything exactly about WHY I wanted to.

I mean I guess I should be flattered that you expect that I allow NO ONE who says she or he is a Christian to act up here. But actually I'm just one of many posters.

I am not THE .... moderator over all the Christians.

F

Moves
08 Nov 18

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

So you consider me some kind of MAIN referee of all Christians who post here? I mean I am to personally intervene, notify them, adjust them if they behave unbecomingly ?

Do I scold you for " tu ...[text shortened]... tually I'm just one of many posters.

I am not THE .... moderator over all the Christians.
No one is saying that you should be "the moderator of all Christians", you're making that up. What's being said is that you seem to be lying when you say you were unaware of what Romans1009 was posting.

Moves
08 Nov 18

@fmf said
No one is saying that you should be "the moderator of all Christians", you're making that up. What's being said is that you seem to be lying when you say you were unaware of what Romans1009 was posting.
You don't have a tracker on sonship's eyes to see which posts he reads.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 18
2 edits

@FMF

One thing I remember as an early impression about reading the Bible. It said things in a very matter of a fact way. Ie. " Here's what happened - period."

In the Scriptures God doesn't BEG you to believe.
In the Gospels the things Jesus did are stated in a frank, clear, matter-of-fact way.

There is no PLEADING ... Ie. " Now you must listen to me, Jesus rose from the dead. I mean PLEASE believe me. We beg you to believe us. etc. etc. etc."

There is the open declaration of the facts and that's it.

This is something that I noticed in my early days of reading the Bible. You take it or you don't ... PERIOD.

Something of more of that attitude I need to have put into my heart.

"But let your word be, Yes, yes, or no, no; for anything more than this is of the evil one." (Matt. 5:37)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Nov 18
4 edits

What's being said is that you seem to be lying when you say you were unaware of what Romans1009 was posting.

Folks, do you know who is the person MOST suspicious that he is being robbed? It is the one who knows how to rob others.

The Pick Pocket is the one who is SO SURE that someone is attempting to pick HIS pocket.

The one who is adept at twisting facts and presenting himself as always in the right and without fault in any conceivable way, is probably the person most paranoid that he is being treated that way by another.

You see, he KNOWS the skill. He knows how easy it is to do the things that he suspects are being done to him.

"As face answers to face in water, so the mind of a man reflects the man." Proverbs 27:19

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Nov 18

@divegeester said
Original sin. I have explained what, six times now.

Also that they are babies and have virtually no cognitive processing of higher level ideas such as deities.

What evidence have you got that babies have even “a knowledge of god”?
Because God is who gives them life, He forms them in their mother’s womb. He talks about knowing us from that time until much later in life. He instills into us a variety of knowledge which we take into life as our instincts and grasp of right and wrong. He makes us body, soul, and spirit.

Take God out of the equation there is nothing to prove one way or another.