Jehovah's Witnesses Refuse to Serve in the Military

Jehovah's Witnesses Refuse to Serve in the Military

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Nov 11

Originally posted by FMF
I think a consensus that Christians simply don't need to accuse each other of being Satanic, in some kind of twisted display of theolomachismo, would not be boring in the slightest.
Aye, I see your point ...
nice word -theolomachismo

Actually my point was off topic and I was just having a dig at you 🙂

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I think a consensus that Christians simply don't need to accuse each other of being Satanic, in some kind of twisted display of theolomachismo, would not be boring in the slightest.
I want to make clear I am not defending this thread, but I think perhaps RJH might be responding to the JWs ongoing insistence that the rest of us are not Christians at all. He was hardly the one who threw the first stone.

F

Moves
01 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I was just having a dig at you
You're wasting your time with that big quivering lower lip of yours.

F

Moves
01 Nov 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
I want to make clear I am not defending this thread, but I think perhaps RJH might be responding to the JWs ongoing insistence that the rest of us are not Christians at all. He was hardly the one who threw the first stone.
Well you do seem to be defending this thread, then. If you condemn the JWs for doing it, why haven't you condemned RJHinds for doing it?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Nov 11

Originally posted by FMF
You're wasting your time with that big quivering lower lip of yours.
That's one opinion ...

j

Moves
01 Nov 11
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
How revealing that you choose to go after wolfgang59's more generous philanthropic conjecture about Desmond, rather than RJHinds' ugly misanthropic attempted appropriation of the dead man's "honour". How revealing.
How revealing that you choose to go after wolfgang59's more generous philanthropic conjecture about Desmond, rather than RJHinds' ugly misanthropic attempted appropriation of the dead man's "honour". How revealing.

How very revealing !!!

Actually, I considered the post useless and wrong as far as my poor contribution is concerned. Unfortunately, time ran out and I was not able to erase it.

However, while we are talking about how very "revealing" such an innapropriate and poor post was - I am a miserable sinner only saved by grace.

Next time just ask me.

(Sorry wolfgang, RJHind)

F

Moves
01 Nov 11

Originally posted by jaywill
Next time just ask me.
You want me to PM you and run my responses to you past you before posting?

F

Moves
01 Nov 11
2 edits

Originally posted by karoly aczel
That's one opinion ...
Just as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, digs are in the eye of the dug. You're wasting your time and that's not 'one' opinion, it's the only opinion that matters when it comes to whether your flimsy digs find their mark. 😉

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
01 Nov 11

Originally posted by FMF
Just as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, digs are in the eye of the dug. You're wasting your time and that's not 'one' opinion, it's the [b]only opinion that matters when it comes to whether your flimsy digs find their mark. 😉[/b]
Not at all. I frequently take digs at people simply because it entertains me to do so. Whether or not they feel sufficiently 'dug' is irrelevant.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Nov 11

Originally posted by FMF
You suggested that the bible states that conscientious objection on the part of Christians you disagree with is a Satanic idea. That's what I am referring to. Pretending I am referring to Desmond Doss is just a waste of a post.
In answer to your question the first word I said was "No". Did you not
see that or do you have trouble with English as a second language?

F

Moves
01 Nov 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
In answer to your question the first word I said was "No". Did you not
see that or do you have trouble with English as a second language?
"No"? And yet you ARE calling fellow Christians "Satanic" for their conscientious objection.

F

Moves
01 Nov 11

Originally posted by rwingett
Not at all. I frequently take digs at people simply because it entertains me to do so. Whether or not they feel sufficiently 'dug' is irrelevant.
A dig isn't a dig unless it digs.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Nov 11

Originally posted by FMF
Well you do seem to be defending this thread, then. If you condemn the JWs for doing it, why haven't you condemned RJHinds for doing it?
Perhaps I wasn't *clear* when I said I wanted to make it *clear* that I am NOT defending this thread. I do not condemn the JWs, as you assume. They have their opinion. It's a wrong opinion, but they are welcome to it. RJH has his opinion as well. Clearly, RJH has a bee in his bonnet about the JWs. I'm just opining why RJH might have such an opinion, nothing more.

What about you? Where is your horse in this race? You seem very ready and willing to rap RJH's knuckles over treating the JWs the same way they've treated him. If you condemn RJH for doing it, why haven't you condemned the JWs for doing it?

F

Moves
01 Nov 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
If you condemn RJH for doing it, why haven't you condemned the JWs for doing it?
Maybe I have missed the thread where our resident JWs have condemned RJHinds as "Satanic". If I'd seen it I would have condemned it, and if I do I will.

j

Moves
01 Nov 11

Originally posted by FMF

No. Just rebuke me publically.

The issue is not anyone of us personally.
I'll take my hits.

The issue is what really is the truth.

That's the way I see it.