Jehovah's Witnesses Refuse to Serve in the Military

Jehovah's Witnesses Refuse to Serve in the Military

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Nov 11

Originally posted by menace71
While this man probably did not want any glory or recognition for his deeds this is just plain bad ass!!!! Also what Christ would do!!!

Manny
Jesus would join an army and kill another human? Are you really serious?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Nov 11

Originally posted by menace71
Overall yes we have a good government 🙂
Flaws and all

Manny
So is this the Goverment that God is blessing?

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
03 Nov 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
And as far as I can recall Paul, Peter and other apostles taught the following :
- believe in Christ who is the Son of God, who came to die for our sins.
- repent and be baptised
- live a God-fearing life
Not being critical of you, in fact I think you would agree. But also, an essential belief of the Christian faith is:

- Jesus is the Christ (Messiah as foretold in Scriptures)
- Jesus, the Christ, died on the cross and was resurrected on the 3rd day

The resurrection of Jesus Christ is the core doctrine of Christianity.

That's why if I was a skeptic who wanted to disprove Christianity, I wouldn't waste my time attacking all the silly stuff, I'd go straight to the core and attack the validity of the resurrection.

Without the resurrection, there is no Christianity and there is no Christ.

Moves
03 Nov 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
You apparently do not know that the Jehovah's Witnesses are the master
of the circular agruments.
Hmmm based on your earlier comment I would have thought that it does not matter if if the argument is circular, triangular, or square. What matters is that it is the truth. Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Nov 11

Originally posted by sumydid
Not being critical of you, in fact I think you would agree. But also, an essential belief of the Christian faith is:

- Jesus is the Christ (Messiah as foretold in Scriptures)
- Jesus, the Christ, died on the cross and was resurrected on the 3rd day

The resurrection of Jesus Christ is the core doctrine of Christianity.

That's why if I ...[text shortened]... e resurrection.

Without the resurrection, there is no Christianity and there is no Christ.
I agree and I would have thought that my first point that Christ died for our sins implied all the rest about Christ which Paul preached.. suffering and resurrection, and what acceptance of Christ means .. that we are heirs of the promises made to Abraham.

I was just making brief points and not lecturing ..

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
03 Nov 11

Originally posted by Ullr
Hmmm based on your earlier comment I would have thought that it does not matter if if the argument is circular, triangular, or square. What matters is that it is the truth. Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!
hahaha you made me laugh...

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
03 Nov 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
I wonder if Christ gets to decide who is Christian and who is not?
Maybe you should relinquish some of your apparent authority and let Christ decide who are the Christians. I bet he will use His own criteria and not what popular contemporary Christianity preaches?
And his own criteria for being a Christian must be what the apostles of the first Christian c ...[text shortened]...
I doubt you can support your stance with crystal clear verses from Paul and the other apostles.
No Christ does not get to decide on who is a Christian and who is not ... neither does doward.

Christian is a man-made word and its definition is down to Man. (NOT a man)

Although definitions will subtley differ nobody has shown a bona fide definition which would not include JWs.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
03 Nov 11

You apparently do not know that the Jehovah's Witnesses are the master
of the circular agruments.
The style of JWs arguments is irrelevant to the discussion.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 Nov 11

Originally posted by wolfgang59
No Christ does not get to decide on who is a Christian and who is not ... neither does doward.

Christian is a man-made word and its definition is down to Man. (NOT a man)

Although definitions will subtley differ nobody has shown a bona fide definition which would not include JWs.
It's quite comical really. As i understand it the JW's claim to be the only bona fide christians, (as do other denominations of christianity), but dont want to be accosiated with other christians. Is that right (Robbie,Galv)?

But again, all this labelling/defining of who is the real christians and who is the false one's is quite comical- to a point. Then it just becomes another bore, with me often skimming through posts because of this crazy problem. It's crazy for 2(or more reasons)

1. (Firstly and most importantly), it does not matter one iota-you could spend your entire life trying to convince someone else you were a real christian (with words) and still make no progress, or worse you could make some progress only to have that "progress" wiped out in a matter of seconds because the other guy/gal changed her mind or were influenced by another (christian) to think differently.

2. To create more separation rather than unity is the only possible thing this line of persuasion would achieve, which is the definition of crazy (imo), and the comical effects soon begin to wear off as any other third party reader can clearly see that there is no possible way either side could win this debate. This sort of debate could go on for a long, long, long time without ever making any progress, which turns form "comical" to "sad" very quickly....

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Nov 11

Originally posted by FMF
Your argument could be cited in a textbook on logical fallacies as an example of circular argument. You are basically saying that they are not Christians because you don't consider them to be Christians and that the fact that you don't consider them to be Christians proves your point that they are not Christians.
•"The circular argument uses its own conclusion as one of its stated or unstated premises. Instead of offering proof, it simply asserts the conclusion in another form, thereby inviting the listener to accept it as settled when, in fact, it has not been settled. Because the premise is no different from and therefore as questionable as its conclusion, a circular argument violates the criterion of acceptability."
(T. Edward Damer, Attacking Faulty Reasoning. Wadsworth, 2001)

I gave proof that led to my conclusion. That means it is not circular
reasoning, you idiot.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Nov 11
2 edits

Originally posted by Ullr
That is correct. I don't care if they use circular arguments. I was not
the one that brought circular arguments up as an issue. I was pointing
this out to the person that thought I was using a circular argument,
which I was not, in his criticism of me in support of the JWs. But what
they say is not the truth from the Holy Bible. This is not easy for a
person like you to understand because you are not aware of the
truth in the Holy Bible. You most likely think there is no truth in it at
all because you are an atheist and have probably never even read the
Bible other than a verse here and there.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
03 Nov 11

That is correct. I don't care if they use circular arguments. I was not
the one that brought circular arguments up as an issue. I was pointing
this out to the person that thought I was using a circular argument,
which I was not, in his criticism of me in support of the JWs. But what
they say is not the truth from the Holy Bible. This is not easy for ...[text shortened]... are an atheist and have probably never even read the
Bible other than a verse here and there.
This post and the one before were absolutely brilliant!! You are a bible master and very well groomed young man who is consistently polite, an example of a true christian if there was ever one.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
03 Nov 11

Originally posted by galveston75
Jesus would join an army and kill another human? Are you really serious?
dude did you NOT read the op ? the dude was in the army but did NOT kill anyone but saved life !!!!!read

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
03 Nov 11

Originally posted by galveston75
So is this the Goverment that God is blessing?
Dude if you don't like it move!!!!!
Sick of people bashing the USA but hiding behind it's benefits

Manny

F

Moves
03 Nov 11

I gave proof that led to my conclusion. That means it is not circular
reasoning, you idiot.
Where you thought you were "giving proof", that was the circular argument.