Jehovah's Witnesses Refuse to Serve in the Military

Jehovah's Witnesses Refuse to Serve in the Military

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Nov 11

A sociological study entitled “More About Justifying Violence,” published by the University of Michigan, stated: “Since the turn of the century, the Jehovah’s Witnesses have consistently maintained their stand of nonviolent ‘Christian Neutrality’ through two major world wars and the subsequent military clashes of the ‘Cold War’ period.” Identifying the reason the Witnesses remain neutral, the study said: “The teachings of the Jehovah’s Witnesses stem from their conviction that the Bible is the inspired word of God.”

rc

Moves
03 Nov 11

Originally posted by galveston75
A sociological study entitled “More About Justifying Violence,” published by the University of Michigan, stated: “Since the turn of the century, the Jehovah’s Witnesses have consistently maintained their stand of nonviolent ‘Christian Neutrality’ through two major world wars and the subsequent military clashes of the ‘Cold War’ period.” Identifying the r ...[text shortened]... the Jehovah’s Witnesses stem from their conviction that the Bible is the inspired word of God.”
beautiful;, truly beautiful

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Nov 11

IS God to blame for the wars fought by humankind?

“No, God does not want war.” That is how Martin Niemöller, a well-known German Protestant clergyman, answered this question shortly after the end of World War II. His comments were published in 1946 in a book called Ach Gott vom Himmel sieh darein—Sechs Predigten (O God, Look From Heaven—Six Sermons). The book states:
“Whoever wants to blame God for [wars] does not know, or does not want to know, God’s Word. Of course, it is a different question whether or not we Christians bear a good measure of guilt for the incessant wars. And we cannot escape this question so easily. . . . It can also be accurately recalled that Christian churches have, throughout the ages, repeatedly given themselves to blessing wars, troops, and weapons and that they prayed in a very unchristian way for the destruction of their enemies at war. All this is our fault and the fault of our fathers, but by no means is God to blame. And we Christians of today stand ashamed before a so-called sect like the Earnest Bible Students [Jehovah’s Witnesses], who by the hundreds and thousands went into concentration camps and [even] died because they declined service in war and refused to fire on humans.”

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Nov 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
beautiful;, truly beautiful
There are hundreds of these comments by religious leaders who know their religion and view is wrong about their blessing of wars. Why don't they stop it then?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Nov 11

But yet you would follow satan's governments into war?

Any True Christians Today?
Encyclopedia Canadiana says: “The work of Jehovah’s Witnesses is the revival and re-establishment of the primitive Christianity practised by Jesus and his disciples during the first and second centuries of our era. . . . All are brothers.” ...[text shortened]... nd those of other religions kill either people of their own faith or members of other churches.
Propaganda.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Nov 11

Neutrality
Definition: The position of those who do not take sides with or give support to either of two or more contending parties. It is a fact of ancient and modern-day history that in every nation and under all circumstances true Christians have endeavored to maintain complete neutrality as to conflicts between factions of the world. They do not interfere with what others do about sharing in patriotic ceremonies, serving in the armed forces, joining a political party, running for a political office, or voting. But they themselves worship only Jehovah, the God of the Bible; they have dedicated their lives unreservedly to him and give their full support to his Kingdom.

This is where our allegence goes.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Nov 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Propaganda.
Lol. As seen thru the eyes of one who cannot see.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Nov 11

Neutrality
Definition: The position of those who do not take sides with or give support to either of two or more contending parties. It is a fact of ancient and modern-day history that in every nation and under all circumstances true Christians have endeavored to maintain complete neutrality as to conflicts between factions of the world. They do not int ...[text shortened]... ervedly to him and give their full support to his Kingdom.

This is where our allegence goes.
A true Christian can not be neutral.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
04 Nov 11

Propaganda.
You cannot call the opinion of a 3rd party propaganda. Grow up.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
04 Nov 11
1 edit

I'm not bashing the USA but all governments on this planet are controlled by Satan.
In YOUR bible did Satan not offer them to Jesus when trying to tempt him? If they weren't his to offer then that would not have happened.
Does YOUR Bible not say that "the whole world is in the power of the wicked one"?

You guys do not take this fact seriously in
If your not going to take this seriously then what good is the rest of the bible to you?
Oh man your sooooo right I guess I should drop everything that I'm doing and join your cult !!!!! 🙂 Drink cool aid and get some cool Nikes man.......I'm in a foul mood and you know what I hate JW's just hate em !!! Like coach roaches

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
04 Nov 11

Originally posted by wolfgang59
You cannot call the opinion of a 3rd party propaganda. Grow up.
Why not? I am grown up. I'm probably more grown up than you,
after all, I am 67 years old.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
04 Nov 11

Why not? I am grown up. I'm probably more grown up than you,
after all, I am 67 years old.
Why not? Because you are either deliberately using the word "propaganda" incorrectly or you do not know the meaning of the word.

"Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position so as to benefit oneself or one's group."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Nov 11

IS God to blame for the wars fought by humankind?

“No, God does not want war.” That is how Martin Niemöller, a well-known German Protestant clergyman, answered this question shortly after the end of World War II. His comments were published in 1946 in a book called Ach Gott vom Himmel sieh darein—Sechs Predigten (O God, Look From Heaven—Six Sermons). ...[text shortened]... ation camps and [even] died because they declined service in war and refused to fire on humans.”
Psalms 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
04 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
Psalms 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
That's from the OT though. What does Jesus have to say on the matter? You are after all a Christian and not Jewish.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 Nov 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
That's from the OT though. What does Jesus have to say on the matter? You are after all a Christian and not Jewish.
What Christ said to his disciples does not apply to how governments handle conflict between nations.