Islam: What is your problem

Islam: What is your problem

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
15 Oct 12

Originally posted by kevcvs57
You appear to have deluded yourself into thinking I, or anybody else cares what you think of them FMF, that is why I consider you to be an idiot, plus the fact that you focus almost entirely on the poster instead of developing your own stance on the issue under discussion.

I think you have tried to set yourself up, as the forums headmaster and you get qu ...[text shortened]... alliance.

So do you really feel dehumanised by RJs ramblings, or are you using him as we'll?
If you can be bothered to read the posts between Finnegan and myself you may conclude that RJ was collateral damage whose mistake was to divulge to me his emotional attachment to another forum character for which I rebuked him in a lighthearted way, and Finnegan, for what I believe were tactical reasons, united us in an unholy mysogynistic alliance.

Alternatively you may reach a different conclusion. This one hardly seems compelling.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
15 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by finnegan
[quote]If you can be bothered to read the posts between Finnegan and myself you may conclude that RJ was collateral damage whose mistake was to divulge to me his emotional attachment to another forum character for which I rebuked him in a lighthearted way, and Finnegan, for what I believe were tactical reasons, united us in an unholy mysogynistic alliance. ...[text shortened]... /quote]

Alternatively you may reach a different conclusion. This one hardly seems compelling.
That is the fun of the forums though, a couple of hundred perspectives on the same phenomenon washing up against each other, regardless of the mob I shall defend mine.

I am sure you will do the same.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
15 Oct 12
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
No I do not feel dehumanised by RJHinds' ramblings. Indeed, it seems rather clear that it is you who is using RJHinds in all this, not me.
"the most self-righteous, grinding, insulting, dehumanizing denunciations of fellow posters that a Christian has at their disposal"

So much for your principled stance on 'dodging and deflection'.

F

Moves
15 Oct 12

So much for your principled stance on 'dodging and deflection'.
No, I personally do not feel dehumanized by the vilifications that RJHinds dishes out. But just because his bigotry is wretched and asinine does not preclude him from being called on it.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
15 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
No, I personally do not feel dehumanized by the vilifications that RJHinds dishes out. But just because his bigotry is wretched and asinine does not preclude him from being called on it.
Well hang on, so I must not speak up for a poster who I feel can be the victim of a gang mentality, (albeit he brings it upon himself) but you can take it upon yourself to defend all those poor posters who have been assailed and dehumanized by RJ because they are powerless call him on it themselves?

F

Moves
16 Oct 12

Well hang on, so I must not speak up for a poster who I feel can be the victim of a gang mentality, (albeit he brings it upon himself) but you can take it upon yourself to defend all those poor posters who have been assailed and dehumanized by RJ because they are powerless call him on it themselves?
I am not saying you "must not speak up" about anything or anybody. This is just a clumsy straw man. You can comment on what you want: just as I will comment on what you say - regardless of what personal remarks you make. I don't think RJHinds is a "victim of a gang mentality" at all. Nor do I think the people he vilifies are "powerless". Whatever gave you that idea?

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
16 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
I am not saying you "must not speak up" about anything or anybody. This is just a clumsy straw man. You can comment on what you want: just as I will comment on what you say - regardless of what personal remarks you make. I don't think RJHinds is a "victim of a gang mentality" at all. Nor do I think the people he vilifies are "powerless". Whatever gave you that idea?
But you still hav'nt explained why you feel the need for this knight in shining armour role when it comes to RJ and the other posters here, given that what He says does not affect you.

"You can comment on what you want: just as I will comment on what you say - regardless of what personal remarks you make."

Ditto.

There is a poster in the debates forum who makes RJ look like 'Kofi Annan', but not a peep from you, are you sure you are not just a little bit obsessed with Mr Hinds.

F

Moves
16 Oct 12

But you still hav'nt explained why you feel the need for this knight in shining armour role when it comes to RJ and the other posters here, given that what He says does not affect you.
It is surely you who has assumed a kind of "knight in shining armour" role when it comes to RJHinds? You depict him - and yourself, it seems - as saying what you say "regardless of the mob". Finnegan is a singular voice on this forum, and one whose observations and ideas have perhaps only a handful of subscribers, and very few if any amongst the religionists; what "mob" is it you think he's part of?

F

Moves
16 Oct 12

There is a poster in the debates forum who makes RJ look like 'Kofi Annan', but not a peep from you, are you sure you are not just a little bit obsessed with Mr Hinds.
What does "a poster in the debates forum" have to do with what we are discussing here?

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
16 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
What does "a poster in the debates forum" have to do with what we are discussing here?
That's the point, where not discussing anything here, we are just listening to your headmaster trying to admonish somebody, the thread went thataway.

F

Moves
16 Oct 12

That's the point, where not discussing anything here, we are just listening to your headmaster trying to admonish somebody, the thread went thataway.
You're just dodging and deflecting, I see.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
16 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
You're just dodging and deflecting, I see.
Is it working?

F

Moves
16 Oct 12

Is it working?
It has worked in so much as I think it's pretty clear what you're all about - at least on this thread. 😵

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
16 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
It has worked in so much as I think it's pretty clear what you're all about - at least on this thread. 😵
Yeah, freedom of speech and not throwing a citizen to the dogs so as to appease Islams anger at the west's war mongering and arrogant foreign policy, well spotted.

F

Moves
16 Oct 12

Yeah, freedom of speech and not throwing a citizen to the dogs so as to appease Islams anger at the west's war mongering and arrogant foreign policy, well spotted.
No, I'm talking about your resort to petty insults and straw men. I have no reason to question your commitment to freedom of speech and your condemnation of violence, as you well know. But if the broader prism through which Finnegan observes the issues being discussed here results in you mewling about "vilification" and "the mob" and "bullying" and "attempts to censure" you, and "gang mentality" and "misogyny of the highest order" and the "stifling of opinions" and how "from this point [you'll] know [Finnegan] as a Stalinist and misogynist", then I think you are not being a very effective advocate of anything coherent.