Islam: What is your problem

Islam: What is your problem

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ENGLAND

Moves
12 Oct 12

Where would humour be without sexism; and indeed where would sexism be without humour.

rc

Moves
12 Oct 12

Originally posted by finnegan
Whatever the nobility of my ideals, I cannot argue about being a pompous ass.

To be fair, in Britain we would tend to spell pooh with an h, while Americans like Sonhouse have a different spelling tending to be simpler but losing something in the process. I can hear the final h by the way. It is important.

As regard unjustly pigeon-holing others, I ...[text shortened]... did not all endorse each others arguments then we would find the distinctions more significant.
I apologise to you, for a pompous ass you may be but its not becoming for a Christian to bring it to your attention, or at least not in such terms.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Oct 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
No he is absolutely correct, you are a pompous disingenuous ass and you have a, whether consciously or unconsciously, i do not know, a check-list of prejudice's and stereotypes which you utilise in order to unjustly pigeon hole your fellow posters, for example you termed me a Biblical literalist, or words to that effect and proceeded to build your ar ...[text shortened]... so, why should that be the case Finnegan? I thought you had noble ideals that were above such?
I don't think you could have described yourself better -

you are a pompous disingenuous ass and you have a, whether consciously or unconsciously, i do not know, a check-list of prejudice's and stereotypes which you utilise in order to unjustly pigeon hole your fellow posters,

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

rc

Moves
12 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob

you are a pompous disingenuous ass and you have a, whether consciously or unconsciously, i do not know, a check-list of prejudice's and stereotypes which you utilise in order to unjustly pigeon hole your fellow posters,

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
On the contrary i am actively engaged simply trying to understand other peoples
perspective, for example, even although everyone has given up on RJH calling him a
cheat and a thoroughly scurrilous scoundrel who should be tied to a whipping post and
given a good thrashing, I believe he can be redeemed. I even believe that Agers if he
simply stopped ridiculing could come to an accurate knowledge of Biblical truth and
even though you were once my greatest disciple and have dishonoured your master
and this temple by turning to the darkside of the force, I believe even you will see
redemption.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Oct 12

On the contrary i am actively engaged simply trying to understand other peoples
perspective, for example, even although everyone has given up on RJH calling him a
cheat and a thoroughly scurrilous scoundrel who should be tied to a whipping post and
given a good thrashing, I believe he can be redeemed. I even believe that Agers if he
simply s ...[text shortened]... this temple by turning to the darkside of the force, I believe even you will see
redemption.
The things is Rob, i don't see how being open-minded, honest and having the inclination to evaluate the evidence with my own mind can be considered 'the darkside'?! Yet you, the self confessed 'closed-minded', 'ignorant', and the man who has admitted to telling a few 'porky-pies' on this forum from time to time, can be considered on the side of the force.

Surely you have it back to front? Or have i missed the point entirely with regards to Star Wars?

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
12 Oct 12

I found that your friendly jibe shared with its recipient a sexist humour which was woth pointing out.

I have no illusion that I will alter your behaviour or opinions, but I find it worth my time to respond to the opinions you express.
"I found that your friendly jibe shared with its recipient a sexist humour " a joke aimed at RJ using the word love, in reply to his friendly advice...

Hence my use of the term 'disingenuous'.

"I have no illusion that I will alter your behaviour or opinions, but I find it worth my time to respond to the opinions you express."

It is your perceived efforts to suppress other posters opinions by the use of ugly stereotypes that I was referring to, unfortunately you are far too dogmatic and thus intellectually predictable to ever change my opinion on any subject.

rc

Moves
12 Oct 12

The things is Rob, i don't see how being open-minded, honest and having the inclination to evaluate the evidence with my own mind can be considered 'the darkside'?! Yet you, the self confessed 'closed-minded', 'ignorant', and the man who has admitted to telling a few 'porky-pies' on this forum from time to time, can be considered on the side of the force ...[text shortened]... u have it back to front? Or have i missed the point entirely with regards to Star Wars?
my record of integrity speaks for itself plus i have not condemned anyone as
irredeemable a testimony to my open mindedness, it is not befitting for a Christian to
point out the faults in others publicly so i shall refrain from returning the compliment.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Oct 12

irredeemable a testimony to my open mindedness, it is not befitting for a Christian to
point out the faults in others publicly so i shall refrain from returning the compliment.
These were admissions by your good self in this very forum, i can hardly see it as pointing out faults. It may not be befitting a Christian to point out other peoples faults but it hasn't stopped your name calling over the years, i can think of instances involving FMF, divegeester and twhitehead to name a few, not forgetting the petty squabbles that constitute the 'Clan Forum'. For you to suddenly get on your high horse and claim the moral high ground is utterly hilarious.

rc

Moves
12 Oct 12

These were admissions by your good self in this very forum, i can hardly see it as pointing out faults. It may not be befitting a Christian to point out other peoples faults but it hasn't stopped your name calling over the years, i can think of instances involving FMF, divegeester and twhitehead to name a few, not forgetting the petty squabbles that cons ...[text shortened]... you to suddenly get on your high horse and claim the moral high ground is utterly hilarious.
the clan forum is specifically designed for 'ripping', other clans and posters, if you read
the description you will see that and like i stated, we are not the finished article, none
of us are but if casting up past events and calling attention to iniquities is your thing,
then so be it, I thought you would be better to spend your time analysing our games
for your king is looking roasty toasty.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Oct 12

I apologise to you, for a pompous ass you may be but its not becoming for a Christian to bring it to your attention, or at least not in such terms.
Maybe it will help hime to see he has faults that need to be dealt with pronto. 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Oct 12

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂
what irony. 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Oct 12

Go ahead, I am sure God will forgive you. He might even approve. 😏

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Oct 12

the clan forum is specifically designed for 'ripping', other clans and posters, if you read
the description you will see that and like i stated, we are not the finished article, none
of us are but if casting up past events and calling attention to iniquities is your thing,
then so be it, I thought you would be better to spend your time analysing our games
for your king is looking roasty toasty.
He would much rather roasty toast those that believe in God. 😏

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
12 Oct 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
I did not mean my remark to be taken as discriminatory toward women. What would man do without women. They can be the best thing and the worst thing in our lives. I always hope for the best. But it is hard to understand a women.
Who knows what a woman really thinks? Certainly not a man.

I did not mean my remark to be taken as discriminatory toward women. What would man do without women. They can be the best thing and the worst thing in our lives. I always hope for the best. But it is hard to understand a women.

Now just clarify for me what aspect of her posts, written in clear English and setting out a point of view which you are invited to respond to, is rendered difficult to understand by virtue of her gender? What is the relevance of this?

In addition, where, beyond your sexist jibes, is there any response whatever to the content of her post? It seems to me you have dismissed them out of hand on the grounds of their author's gender.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Oct 12

Who knows what a woman really thinks? Certainly not a man.

Now just clarify for me what asp ...[text shortened]... st? It seems to me you have dismissed them out of hand on the grounds of their author's gender.
Excuse me, I have a vision of a baboon in my head at present. To da loo. 😏