Islam: What is your problem

Islam: What is your problem

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Oct 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
the clan forum is specifically designed for 'ripping', other clans and posters, if you read
the description you will see that and like i stated, we are not the finished article, none
of us are but if casting up past events and calling attention to iniquities is your thing,
then so be it, I thought you would be better to spend your time analysing our games
for your king is looking roasty toasty.
My king is perfectly safe, for the moment. 🙂

I know what the clan forum is for, i just find it rather revealing that you like to reside there. As for your iniquities, yeah i like to remind you of them every now and again, i find it's a great way to stop you from talking nonsense. 🙂

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
12 Oct 12

Originally posted by kevcvs57
"I found that your friendly jibe shared with its recipient a sexist humour " a joke aimed at RJ using the word love, in reply to his friendly advice...

Hence my use of the term 'disingenuous'.

"I have no illusion that I will alter your behaviour or opinions, but I find it worth my time to respond to the opinions you express."

It is your perceived e ...[text shortened]... too dogmatic and thus intellectually predictable to ever change my opinion on any subject.
It is your perceived efforts to suppress other posters opinions by the use of ugly stereotypes that I was referring to,...

As indicated in my last response to RJH, in the particular case in this particular thread, sexist remarks were used precisely in order to dismiss and ignore the contribution of another poster, on the grounds that she is a woman. That is an example of an effort to suppress the opinions of another poster.

Pointing this out is arguably another example of an attempt to suppress a poster, but what I want to suppress is the act of suppression, not the act of free speech.

You give a model example of the use of free speech to attack another's freedom of speech. You are possibly too confused however to work your way through this.

I respect your right to an opinion. I do not respect the opinion you express.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Oct 12

Originally posted by finnegan
It is your perceived efforts to suppress other posters opinions by the use of ugly stereotypes that I was referring to,...

As indicated in my last response to RJH, in the particular case in this particular thread, sexist remarks were used precisely in order to dismiss and ignore the contribution of another poster, on the grounds that she i ...[text shortened]... through this.

I think he just misunderstood. For some reason, he seems to have thought she was apologizing. I did not view it that way, but who am I to say what she means. I have never been able to understand a women. I am sort of like the guy in this song:

&feature=related

rc

Moves
12 Oct 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
My king is perfectly safe, for the moment. 🙂

I know what the clan forum is for, i just find it rather revealing that you like to reside there. As for your iniquities, yeah i like to remind you of them every now and again, i find it's a great way to stop you from talking nonsense. 🙂
I prefer the term avant-garde free form jazz to nonsense and I like it there because it
cuts to the chase, no giant reams of explanations, just the simple, you suck, we are
awesome and everyone understands.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
12 Oct 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
I think he just misunderstood. For some reason, he seems to have thought she was apologizing. I did not view it that way, but who am I to say what she means. I have never been able to understand a women. I am sort of like the guy in this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbQfE2Oi6Wo&feature=related
Your posts are more like a dog's turd on the pathway.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Oct 12

I prefer the term avant-garde free form jazz to nonsense and I like it there because it
cuts to the chase, no giant reams of explanations, just the simple, you suck, we are
awesome and everyone understands.
You mean along the lines of this -

rc

Moves
12 Oct 12
1 edit

You mean along the lines of this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbVpx5-XYng
yes, that's the way! 😛

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Oct 12

yes, that's the way! 😛
Or maybe like this - ?

rc

Moves
12 Oct 12
1 edit

Or maybe like this - ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxSFSdcGPLM
before I was married I used to date a Swedish flautist who was studying at the royal
Scottish academy of music and drama, she was classically trained and I tried to get her
to hook up her flute to a cry baby wah wah, but she didn't know how to improvise and
wouldn't hear of it, sigh if only youtube was invented in those days, awesome jam.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
12 Oct 12

As indicated in my last response to RJH, in the particular case in this particular thread, sexist remarks were used precisely in order to dismiss and ignore the contribution of another poster, on the grounds that she i ...[text shortened]... through this.

So your tactic is to take a sexist remark(I have no idea what remark you are referring to) from a poster you disagree with and apply it as a rebuke to another poster you disagree with?

I suppose that actually makes sense in your world of stereotypical male caricatures, clearly we either agree with Finnegan on who has a right to free speech and who does not (for the record i believe we all do) or we can be placed into one of your templates and disregarded.

"I respect your right to an opinion. I do not respect the opinion you express"

DITTO

D

Moves
12 Oct 12
1 edit

D

Moves
12 Oct 12
2 edits

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
12 Oct 12

Originally posted by kevcvs57
So your tactic is to take a sexist remark(I have no idea what remark you are referring to) from a poster you disagree with and apply it as a rebuke to another poster you disagree with?

I suppose that actually makes sense in your world of stereotypical male caricatures, clearly we either agree with Finnegan on who has a right to free speech and who does ...[text shortened]... "I respect your right to an opinion. I do not respect the opinion you express"

[b]DITTO
[/b]

I'd be delighted to save you the trouble of scrolling up to the relevant post a few pages back.
RJH: I would not mess with the Duchess, unless you have thick skin or perhaps are in love with her.

KEV: Going by the big grin I am guessing it is two out of two for you then.

I usually try not to respond to RJH and it was your post I responded to, but I certainly agree that his posts have travelled far beyond anything you have posted in this line. That is not a compliment to you of course.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
13 Oct 12

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I will keep it simple and say in my opinion Duchess64 is an over opinionated cyber bully who constantly resorts to character assassination when Her out of control inner child cannot get the desired result.

Her tendency to misrepresent my character on these forums is becoming tedious, and I fear there is a hint of pure venom in Her attitude towards myself whose only mistake is to have opinions on certain, but by no means all, issues that differ from Hers.

If duchess64 and Her wannabe Trotski Teddybear are so adamant that I am guilty of sexism they should alert the mods, if they have a case I am sure I shall be reprimanded in some way, however if as I fear they are to cowardly to test their pathetic assertions concerning my misogyny I would appreciate them restricting their comments to the issues rather than attacking the poster.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
13 Oct 12

I'd be delighted to save you the trouble of scrolling up to the relevant post a few pages back.
[quote]RJH: I would not mess with the Duchess, unless you h ...[text shortened]... ed far beyond anything you have posted in this line. That is not a compliment to you of course.
Can you please point out where in this exchange I have demonstrated a tendency to sexism, if you think poking mild fun at a poster who was 'bestial' enough to use the word 'love' in relation to another poster then you should probably book yourself a place on the next available 'Equality and Diversity' course.