Is gravity evidence of a creator?

Is gravity evidence of a creator?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 May 22

@divegeester said
Oh thanks!

That was a refreshing experience 😊
Ok, so trying to mollify you so you finally shut up about it, so you don't waste ALL their time today, is "refreshing" to you?

I guess it would be to a narcissist.

You're going to be quite busy, too busy for a job probably, when the red thumbs go away and you have to chase down and yell at everyone who disagrees with you.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 May 22

@vivify said
Because matter/energy didn't pop out of nowhere. See the Law of Conservation of Energy.
Surely you've heard of the Big Bang Theory.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 May 22

@sonship said
@divegeester

I think as I said it is evidence pointing in the direction of God.

Absolute proof in this would require absolute onmiscience. And only God has that.
But I certainly count the law of gravity as exquisitely calibrated as it is and useful for the existence if the universe and life in it, as evidence of a planning, caring, designing Creator.
This is faith, not observable fact, because free will still exists.

Moves
23 May 22
1 edit

@suzianne said
Surely you've heard of the Big Bang Theory.
I'm cool with a God who said or at least thought "Behold" albeit maybe not in so many words, inasmuch as it might have taken a while for language processing to develop in all the various sprouts of that mental gesture.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 May 22

@vivify said
Saying gravity is evidence of a creator is like saying "everything" is evidence of a creator, since anything with mass has gravity.

Gravity is simply a natural effect of mass; so by that logic, random dust floating in space is "evidence" of a creator; clouds of gas thinly spread out in space would be "evidence", and so on.
If you ask Metal Brain, he thinks gravity is created by time dilation.

He never read a theory he couldn't screw up.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
23 May 22

@kevin-eleven said
I'm cool with a God who said or at least thought "Behold" albeit maybe not in so many words, inasmuch as it might have taken a while for language processing to develop in all the various sprouts of that mental gesture.
Maybe he did say "Behold", although "Behold" seems to assume he is saying this TO someone. "Let there be Light" seems to be more a tagline thing a superhero would say, like, "I am Ironman."

Many people speak of God breathing the universe into existence.

Moves
23 May 22

@suzianne said
Maybe he did say "Behold", although "Behold" seems to assume he is saying this TO someone. "Let there be Light" seems to be more a tagline thing a superhero would say, like, "I am Ironman."

Many people speak of God breathing the universe into existence.
Maybe in a way God did say "Behold" to us who might eventually be able to appreciate the Work, across the gaping canyon of Time. 😉

Moves
24 May 22

@suzianne said
You're going to be quite busy, too busy for a job probably, when the red thumbs go away and you have to chase down and yell at everyone who disagrees with you.
Nervous?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 May 22
2 edits

@kevin-eleven said
Maybe in a way God did say "Behold" to us who might eventually be able to appreciate the Work, across the gaping canyon of Time. 😉
A writer may insert themselves into a story they are writing, and the people in the
story could never reach the writer on their own. So God could insert Himself
into His creation. The creation of the universe and all that is in it speaks to the glory
of God in its vastness, fine-tuning, functional complexity, and the very fact that is
also intelligently knowable so we can understand it all.

Another alternative is there is nothing and no one behind the universe, a mindless
cause without a goal, a plan, careless about every detail.

Which is the reasonable explanation?

F

Moves
24 May 22

@kellyjay said
Another alternative is there is nothing and no one behind the universe, a mindless
cause without a goal, a plan, careless about every detail.
"Mindless", a "goal", a "plan, "careless". Human attributes. Why must you anthropomorphize a creator entity, assuming there is one?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 May 22

@fmf said
"Mindless", a "goal", a "plan, "careless". Human attributes. Why must you anthropomorphize a creator entity, assuming there is one?
Why must you share what goes on between your ears when something said isn't to
your liking?

F

Moves
24 May 22

@kellyjay said
your liking?
We are all just "sharing what goes on between our ears", KellyJay. You and me both. That's all there is going on here. If you don't want to share what you believe when you disagree with something, feel free to live your discussion-forum-life that way.

F

Moves
24 May 22

@kellyjay said
your liking?
You dodging the content of the post you were pretending to reply to is duly noted.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 May 22

@fmf said
You dodging the content of the post you were pretending to reply to is duly noted.
zzzzz
Your games are boring.

F

Moves
24 May 22

@kellyjay said
zzzzz
Your games are boring.
The only "game" being played here is you running away from this question:

"Why must you anthropomorphize a creator entity, assuming there is one?"