1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jan '20 13:26
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The fact that 'Christian A' can cherry pick parts of scripture to disagree with the parts of scripture cherry picked by 'Christian B' demonstrates what a complete lack of congruity there is in the Bible.
    Are you willing to do the same with scientific evidence and research? Does any disagreement mean a complete lack of congruity? I doubt think you remotely feel that way. If I recall one of your examples concerning the fossil record you asked me to read said they put together a fossil from fragments found in a small area and combined into one creature. I pointed out they all could have been from several creatures, and you still accepted that because it was scientifically done. Disagreements without a standard are just people voicing opinions, placing a standard, then it becomes who hits the mark. The devil quoted Scripture to Jesus; having some misuse or misunderstand truth does not dispel it.
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Jan '20 14:27
    @kellyjay said
    Are you willing to do the same with scientific evidence and research? Does any disagreement mean a complete lack of congruity? I doubt think you remotely feel that way. If I recall one of your examples concerning the fossil record you asked me to read said they put together a fossil from fragments found in a small area and combined into one creature. I pointed out they all c ...[text shortened]... . The devil quoted Scripture to Jesus; having some misuse or misunderstand truth does not dispel it.
    Science doesn't claim it has all the answers and is open to new data. Can you say the same about religion?
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jan '20 16:29
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Science doesn't claim it has all the answers and is open to new data. Can you say the same about religion?
    You did not answer my question.
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Jan '20 17:56
    @kellyjay said
    You did not answer my question.
    Yes, I did.
  5. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    23 Jan '20 20:19
    erratic
    like a compass positioned over a weak magnet

yes, that's it
    the mental image
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jan '20 23:56
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Yes, I did.
    You responded without addressing the point of the question, hardly an answer.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jan '20 00:53
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The end goal is truth, and science does claim to have answers; if it didn't, you could not say you are 99% sure about anything. The standards for each are different, but both make truth claims, and you said that if people disagree while looking at the same thing, in this case, the scripture that shows flaw. So I put it to you again, do you apply the same test to everything else? I'm not asking if science and faith are the same; they are not. Where they are similar, people look at both, and if disagreements arise while looking at the same thing is that all it takes to show flaws, is that true for all methods of truth-finding?

Faith can change; religion might due to understanding improves, but if the foundation is correct, it should not vary. That when pitted against something that can never really claim truth, only the current understanding they both have strengths and weaknesses, and they both are the people using them, but if either has the truth, then that is all you can hope for.
  8. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    24 Jan '20 07:40
    @kellyjay said
    For us to be who God created us to be truth, love, and so on has be part of our makeup. We can live what we know is a lie or a fantasy only because it is what we want. To embrace truth and love, we have to be able to say no as well as yes. You keep ignoring the nature of God as perfectly good, just, righteous, holy, and attempt to turn Him into something manageable created b ...[text shortened]... at was said and done with nothing hidden will be displayed, God’s part and ours with nothing hidden.
    You are so-o-o-o full of crap
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Jan '20 08:45
    @kellyjay said
    The end goal is truth, and science does claim to have answers; if it didn't, you could not say you are 99% sure about anything. The standards for each are different, but both make truth claims, and you said that if people disagree while looking at the same thing, in this case, the scripture that shows flaw. So I put it to you again, do you apply the same test to everything e ...[text shortened]... they both are the people using them, but if either has the truth, then that is all you can hope for.
    Why the misquote?

I said science doesn't claim to have 'all' the answers.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jan '20 12:391 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Why the misquote?

I said science doesn't claim to have 'all' the answers.
    Misquote, did I say science has all the answers? Unless you are willing to say there no answers in science, me saying it has some is a valid statement. You are still refusing to answer my question. You want me to consider that this is something else you can not be wrong about in your mind and move on?
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Jan '20 12:53
    @kellyjay said
    Misquote, did I say science has all the answers? Unless you are willing to say there no answers in science, me saying it has some is a valid statement. You are still refusing to answer my question. You want me to consider that this is something else you can not be wrong about in your mind and move on?
    Yes, a misquote.

I stated, 'Science doesn't claim it has ALL the answers and is open to new data."
    You replied, 'The end goal is truth, and science does claim to have answers.'

I never denied science claims to have answers, only that it does not claim it has all the answers. For example, it has solid answers as to how gravity works but not for how life originated on this planet. It is religion that believes it has truth all sewn up and is resistant to new data.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jan '20 13:47
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Yes, a misquote.

I stated, 'Science doesn't claim it has ALL the answers and is open to new data."
    You replied, 'The end goal is truth, and science does claim to have answers.'

I never denied science claims to have answers, only that it does not claim it has all the answers. For example, it has solid answers as to how gravity works but not for how life origina ...[text shortened]... on this planet. It is religion that believes it has truth all sewn up and is resistant to new data.
    You don't see all the answers in religion either, so that claim is false. I again did not take what you said and twist it. I made a truth statement which you did not refute; instead, you only suggested I was misrepresenting your point.

You apply different standards to what agrees with you and that you don't. My question remains unanswered.
  13. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Jan '20 15:15
    @kellyjay said
    You don't see all the answers in religion either, so that claim is false. I again did not take what you said and twist it. I made a truth statement which you did not refute; instead, you only suggested I was misrepresenting your point.

You apply different standards to what agrees with you and that you don't. My question remains unanswered.
    To be honest kelly I'm done talking to you. Direct your questions elsewhere.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jan '20 15:48
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    To be honest kelly I'm done talking to you. Direct your questions elsewhere.
    You don't answer them anyway, no change.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jan '20 23:05
    @caissad4 said
    You are so-o-o-o full of crap
    The world is a cesspool of evil, filled with people who fit that description since we are the ones who have made it this way.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree