1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 23:28
    @kellyjay said
    Scrutiny should be demanded for every belief system, or every world view.
    How do you show flaws in any world view to the point of showing its fake?
    Can it even be done, or are all world views really just my opinion verses your opinion?
    And here I am still sharing, describing and explaining my beliefs - and there you are in a silent self-pitying huff having got into a tangle with the scrutiny applied to yours.

Put your crass and clumsy reference to violence being done to my family in my home [in your efforts to explain the supposed righteousness of non-believers being tortured for eternity] behind you - put your pridefulness and misanthropy behind you - and act like a grown up.

As things stand you seem so often rendered insecure and inarticulate by your efforts to defend your beliefs. It's more than rich that you, of all people, should be pontificating about "scrutiny being demanded".
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 23:391 edit
    @fmf said
    And here I am still sharing, describing and explaining my beliefs - and there you are in a silent self-pitying huff having got into a tangle with the scrutiny applied to yours.

Put your crass and clumsy reference to violence being done to my family in my home [in your efforts to explain the supposed righteousness of non-believers being tortured for eternity] behind you - put ...[text shortened]... t's more than rich that you, of all people, should be pontificating about "scrutiny being demanded".
    Actually according to you, all you are really doing is expressing your opinions? Truth isn't really something you believe in is it, it is just a word to describe what you adhere to, not something that goes beyond your mental acceptance.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 23:42
    @kellyjay said
    Actually according to you, all you are really doing is expressing your opinions?
    That's what both of use are doing on these matters.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 23:43
    @kellyjay said
    Truth isn't really something you believe in is it, it is just a word to describe what you adhere to, not something that goes beyond your mental acceptance.
    I believe the things I believe. I believe them to be true. Just like you do when it comes to what you believe.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 23:46
    @kellyjay said
    Actually according to you, all you are really doing is expressing your opinions? Truth isn't really something you believe in is it, it is just a word to describe what you adhere to, not something that goes beyond your mental acceptance.
    I have never heard you express any opinion or belief that "goes beyond your mental acceptance". You seem far more flustered by my opinion and belief being different from yours than I am by yours being different from mine.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 23:48
    @kellyjay said
    Truth isn't really something you believe in is it, it is just a word to describe what you adhere to
    We both 'adhere' to the truths we perceive.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 23:50
    @fmf said
    And here I am still sharing, describing and explaining my beliefs - and there you are in a silent self-pitying huff
    @KellyJay

Kudos.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 23:58
    @fmf said
    That's what both of use are doing on these matters.
    Speak for yourself, express your opinion, and since that is all you are doing, so what.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 23:59
    @fmf said
    We both 'adhere' to the truths we perceive.
    What truth, you have only opinions don't you?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 00:03
    @fmf said
    I have never heard you express any opinion or belief that "goes beyond your mental acceptance". You seem far more flustered by my opinion and belief being different from yours than I am by yours being different from mine.
    I told you once before I think you are someone I admire because you do speak your mind. There are more than a few here I disagree with, but don't find them disagreeable. You took something I said and twisted it to an attack on your wife and kids, which was not my intent, and you should know that! So if you twist my words again for that, you can accuse me of being anything you want, you'll never get a response from me again on any topic for any reason or cause.

That is not an opinion, that is a promise.
    I would not tolerate that against my wife and kids, and I would never do that to another either.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 00:061 edit
    @kellyjay said
    Speak for yourself, express your opinion, and since that is all you are doing, so what.
    No, I am speaking for you too. We are both sharing the opinions and beliefs - that have resulted from our speculations and our experiences as they pertain to these matters. That is all. You perceive reality and share your personal perspective. I perceive reality and share my personal perspective. That's all you or I or anyone does. I speak for both you and me. I speak for everybody.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 00:08
    @kellyjay said
    What truth, you have only opinions don't you?
    We both "have only opinions" about "truth" in these matters.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 00:13
    @kellyjay said
    You took something I said and twisted it to an attack on your wife and kids, which was not my intent, and you should know that!
    Just leave my wife and kids and my home out of it when you make assertions about your eternal torment ideology and you'll be on the solid ground of common decency. In return, I won't use your wife and kids and a scenario in which people come into your home to do them harm to illustrate my beliefs. It's a deal.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 00:15
    @kellyjay said
    That is not an opinion, that is a promise.
    I would not tolerate that against my wife and kids, and I would never do that to another either.
    I have made no comments about your wife and kids. I never have. I never will.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Apr '19 00:182 edits
    @fmf said
    No, I am speaking for you too. We are both sharing the opinions and beliefs - that have resulted from our speculations and our experiences as they pertain to these matters. That is all. You perceive reality and share your personal perspective. I perceive reality and share my personal perspective. That's all you or I or anyone does. I speak for both you and me. I speak for everybody.
    Going through the discussion here, personal perspectives were shown to be flawed even looking at the simple things like the horizonal and vertical so we need plumb lines and levels, looking for direction we have gone over this we need a compass, looking at weights we need scales, we are not the best judges even in the physical world to perceive what is and isn't true.

If we have nothing that helps us see truth in the world where morals are concern that anyone can hang their opinions upon air anywhere. I've heard that explained as like having a stick with just one end, there is nothing out there meaningful that we can look at to ground ourselves in. I believe life has meaning, but where is it, if we can find it if nothing but opinions, if that is all we have?

You don't speak for me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree