I Was Just Called a Theist By a Grandmaster

I Was Just Called a Theist By a Grandmaster

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
24 Aug 19

@kellyjay said
I didn't miss the point, I'm telling you that he, dive, and fmf will just behave as he, dive, and fmf will behave. You are not going to alter them any more than I can, or anyone else here.
Do you believe that you can "alter" chaney3?

c

Moves
24 Aug 19

@fmf said
Maybe Ghost of a Duke does not see it the same way as you do. I don't think this perception gap between you and Ghost of a Duke is as compelling an issue as you seem to think it is.
Your post is laughable.

The childish alliance between you three is obvious to anyone who reads these forums on a consistent basis.

F

Moves
24 Aug 19

@kellyjay said
Only someone wronged can forgive, only the undeserving get mercy by someone who doesn't have to give it, it is a choice. What do you want, Christ forgave and He was sinless, He forgave as they were standing around Him as He hung on that cross naked bleeding out. All of that time His enemies were doing their best to shame and mock Him, while He was taking on all of our shame ...[text shortened]... rcy than condemning others, if we cannot forgive those that sin against us, we will not be forgiven.
Do you ever read back to yourself what you've posted and ponder the degree to which you - rather ostentatiously - don't apply it to yourself? How does that image of Christ "hung on that cross naked bleeding out" affect your posting? You want the image to affect chaney3's posting, somehow, but what about you? Do you feel "wronged"? Who is "undeserving"? What about "forgiveness"? Do you see ~ are you able to stop for one moment and see ~ how what you are typing here might come across as eye-wateringly sanctimonious?

F

Moves
24 Aug 19
1 edit

@chaney3 said
Your post is laughable.

The childish alliance between you three is obvious to anyone who reads these forums on a consistent basis.
I think what I am saying to you is reasonable. Your perceptions of people and Ghost of a Duke's perceptions of people are different. You trying to berate him over this doesn't look set to achieve much.

F

Moves
24 Aug 19

@chaney3 said
I respect Ghost of a Duke and divegeester more than I respect you; I think they are both better posters than you, shrewder, more thoughtful, more worthwhile; I think they both contribute to this community in ways that are more effectual than what you offer; I think they are both funnier than you, and smarter, and less petty; I think I have much more to learn from them than I do from you; is this perception gap between you and me - and this view I have of you - the reason why you are lashing out in the way you are?

c

Moves
24 Aug 19

@fmf said
I think what I am saying to you is reasonable. Your perceptions of people and Ghost of a Duke's perceptions of people are different. You trying to berate him over this doesn't look set to achieve much.
Look, you are trying to create a debate where there is none.

Dive could say the most foul mouthed, evil, trashy thing to sonship.....and silence from Ghost.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to get the point.

c

Moves
24 Aug 19

@chaney3 said

Dive could say the most foul mouthed, evil, trashy thing to sonship.....and silence from Ghost.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to get the point.
Note: if Ghost didn't butt his nose in with many other posters he feels has crossed his 'moral line', this wouldn't be an issue.

The fact remains, he puts his moral compass away when it comes to dive and FMF. I am merely pointing out his glaring hypocrisy.

F

Moves
24 Aug 19

@chaney3 said
I think you are trying to make hypocritical declarations about people on a debate forum and you don't want anyone to disagree with you.

F

Moves
24 Aug 19

@chaney3 said
Perhaps Ghost of a Duke doesn't perceive what divegeester posts in the same way as you do.

F

Moves
24 Aug 19

@chaney3 said
if Ghost didn't butt his nose in with many other posters he feels has crossed his 'moral line', this wouldn't be an issue.
This is a debate and discussion forum so people perceiving each other differently and disagreeing about ideas and behaviour is par for the course. I see Ghost of Duke and divegeester as both being far more worthwhile posters than you. That you don't see this the same way is not surprising.

F

Moves
24 Aug 19
1 edit

@chaney3 said
The fact remains, he puts his moral compass away when it comes to dive and FMF. I am merely pointing out his glaring hypocrisy.
[1] I admire [what I know of] Ghost of a Duke's "moral compass" whereas I find it difficult to know what yours is because of your severe online disinhibition and the resulting way you revel in your own lack of decency and substance. [2] I think divegeester has more integrity and a keener sense of proportion and propriety than you, and the contrast between you and him rubs you up the wrong way, causing you to be fixated on him. [3] I think you are one of the last people who should lecturing others on hypocrisy in this community.

Moves
24 Aug 19
3 edits

@kellyjay said
I didn't miss the point, I'm telling you that he, dive, and fmf will just behave as he, dive, and fmf will behave. You are not going to alter them any more than I can, or anyone else here. Outside of God doing a work on the inside of anyone we are what we are. You want to raise the bar here, the only one you have control over is you, so you can sink to the level you are decl ...[text shortened]... rcy than condemning others, if we cannot forgive those that sin against us, we will not be forgiven.
Posts like this one by you are an example of the nauseating hypocrisy of the general so called Christian attitude displayed in this forum.

You KellyJay are intellectually dishonest in our exchanges about biblical literalism, you are unprincipled in your exchanges with other posters whereby you won’t call out those whom you regard as your buddies when they behave in way which you call other out over, you ignore a poster like myself sometimes for years at a time because of some false warped sense of victimisation about a personal tragedy and you run away and ignore people when you find yourself in an intellectual pinch.

This protest by the likes of you and SecondSon, that coarse language is disgraceful (oh my goodness gracious me, I am so incensed and horrified at what dive just said) and yet the seeping sanctimoniousness, the pious preening, the lazy and revolting use of biblical scripture to fire forum insults, the casual dishonesty and partisan entrenchment at the expense of principle is all somehow acceptable...is one of the engines which drives my posting in this forum.

Moves
24 Aug 19

@fmf said
The ways out of these sullen and dishonest corners you backed yourself into has always been in your hands. Declaring yourself "as guilty as everyone else" while persisting in such prideful behaviour smacks of false modesty.
Exactly!

Moves
24 Aug 19

@chaney3 said
You and dive say some nasty shiit to people, and Ghost stays silent. Fact.
Anything I post which you feel is outside of the forum terms of service you should immediately alert to the forum moderators. I wholeheartedly encourage you to do so.

c

Moves
24 Aug 19

@divegeester said
Anything I post which you feel is outside of the forum terms of service you should immediately alert to the forum moderators. I wholeheartedly encourage you to do so.
To be clear: many times, you have every right to go after another poster, including myself.....but it's the way you do it which crosses the line. You're vulgar, obnoxious, foul mouthed, spiteful and arrogant about it....all of which is wrong!!!

If you had any true friends here they should be obliged in letting you know, but they turn a blind eye.

In 'real life', a friend wouldn't let another friend continually make an ass of themselves in public.