I Was Just Called a Theist By a Grandmaster

I Was Just Called a Theist By a Grandmaster

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
23 Aug 19

The post that was quoted here has been removed
The point is, ToO is well known in this forum for trolling sonship and Kelly and being disingenuous about his beliefs. (He won't even say if he believes in God or not).

So you quoting him here in the belief that such a quote carries any merit or gravitas is totally laughable.

Keep them coming.

D

Moves
23 Aug 19
1 edit

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Aug 19
1 edit

@chaney3 said
I'm aware of that.
It's worse in this forum.

Dive's 2 best pals in this forum are atheists. Go figure.
I think of Ghost as a friend of mine, is that a flaw in my Christianity according to you?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Aug 19
1 edit

@Duchess64

As far as I know, Ghost of a Duke's very disingenuous if he claims that Sonship and
KellyJay (apparently bigoted or fatuous Christians) have NOT provoked ample derision.

How am I bigoted Duchess64 ?

F

Moves
23 Aug 19

The post that was quoted here has been removed
What is the basis for your claim that sonship and KellyJay are "apparently bigoted or fatuous Christians"?

c

Moves
23 Aug 19

@kellyjay said
I think of Ghost as a friend of mine, is that a flaw in my Christianity according to you?
No. You and Ghost consisently debate, but it's done with mutual respect because, in my opinion, Ghost recognizes that you have good intentions at heart.

My problem with Ghost is his silence when it comes to dive and FMF. He has chosen, with them, to put aside his moral compass when they most deservedly need to be admonished for their vulgar behavior.

Ghost has NO problem lecturing me and sonship, but is noticably silent when it comes to his schoolyard bullies.

It's hypocritical. His alliance to them, at all costs, compromises his otherwise balanced posture.

F

Moves
23 Aug 19

@chaney3 said
Ghost has NO problem lecturing me and sonship, but is noticably silent when it comes to his schoolyard bullies.
Maybe Ghost of a Duke does not perceive you and sonship and divegeester and me - and our contributions to this community - in the same way as you do.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Aug 19

@chaney3 said
No. You and Ghost consisently debate, but it's done with mutual respect because, in my opinion, Ghost recognizes that you have good intentions at heart.

My problem with Ghost is his silence when it comes to dive and FMF. He has chosen, with them, to put aside his moral compass when they most deservedly need to be admonished for their vulgar behavior.

Ghost has NO proble ...[text shortened]...
It's hypocritical. His alliance to them, at all costs, compromises his otherwise balanced posture.
Okay, sure there is that. 🙂

I hope you receive this as intended, but I don't see as much difference when you actually go after people by name. I actually have seen from you both profound statements, and ones I just want to crawl under my desk thinking, why did he say that? You are not going to change their behavior calling them out, theirs or anyone else' for that matter.

I have to deal with my faults as you do yours, our own are the only ones we have control over, and I got to many to pounce on someone for theirs. Doctrine, yes fair game, debate topics yes fair game, but when you enter into the personal assault game, you have joined the mud slinging, which is different than trying to be above it.

Trust me I've done worse than you have here, so this isn't a slam on you, I stand as guilty as everyone else.

c

Moves
23 Aug 19

@kellyjay said
Okay, sure there is that. 🙂

I hope you receive this as intended, but I don't see as much difference when you actually go after people by name. I actually have seen from you both profound statements, and ones I just want to crawl under my desk thinking, why did he say that? You are not going to change their behavior calling them out, theirs or anyone else' for that matter ...[text shortened]... I've done worse than you have here, so this isn't a slam on you, I stand as guilty as everyone else.
You missed the point.

Ghost is NOT silent towards me or sonship, but IS silent when it comes to the SAME behavior by his pals.

It's hypocritical.

F

Moves
24 Aug 19

@kellyjay said
Trust me I've done worse than you have here, so this isn't a slam on you, I stand as guilty as everyone else.
Sometime back, you lied repeatedly that I had mocked you about a death in your family, when I had not ~ instead of accepting that you had tripped over yourself in a discussion about society stepping in to protect children from their parents. Smearing me about that left your pride intact in your view, perhaps.

And you are these days pretending that I was somehow at fault for you leveraging my ability or motivation to protect my family in an utterly cackhanded justification of eternal torture ~ when all I'd suggested was that you knock it on the head. I have never tried to leverage your family as some kind of trashy debating gambit.

The ways out of these sullen and dishonest corners you backed yourself into has always been in your hands. Declaring yourself "as guilty as everyone else" while persisting in such prideful behaviour smacks of false modesty.

F

Moves
24 Aug 19

@chaney3 said
Ghost is NOT silent towards me or sonship, but IS silent when it comes to the SAME behavior by his pals.

It's hypocritical.
It's pretty clear that Ghost of a Duke simply sees things in a different way from you.

F

Moves
24 Aug 19

@kellyjay said
when you enter into the personal assault game, you have joined the mud slinging, which is different than trying to be above it.
Oh the irony.

c

Moves
24 Aug 19

@fmf said
It's pretty clear that Ghost of a Duke simply sees things in a different way from you.
Wrong!!

You and dive say some nasty shiit to people, and Ghost stays silent. Fact.

F

Moves
24 Aug 19

@chaney3 said
Wrong!!

You and dive say some nasty shiit to people, and Ghost stays silent. Fact.
Maybe Ghost of a Duke does not see it the same way as you do. I don't think this perception gap between you and Ghost of a Duke is as compelling an issue as you seem to think it is.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Aug 19

@chaney3 said
You missed the point.

It's hypocritical.
I didn't miss the point, I'm telling you that he, dive, and fmf will just behave as he, dive, and fmf will behave. You are not going to alter them any more than I can, or anyone else here. Outside of God doing a work on the inside of anyone we are what we are. You want to raise the bar here, the only one you have control over is you, so you can sink to the level you are declaring they are at, or you can set your sights higher.

I vote for higher, but that is a struggle, its easier to get in the mud, it feels good, we feel so justified when we do it. That is the trap, the thing that keeps crap like that going on is how justified we think we are.

Only someone wronged can forgive, only the undeserving get mercy by someone who doesn't have to give it, it is a choice. What do you want, Christ forgave and He was sinless, He forgave as they were standing around Him as He hung on that cross naked bleeding out. All of that time His enemies were doing their best to shame and mock Him, while He was taking on all of our shame and guilt due to our sins so we could be forgiven. Its better to walk in grace and mercy than condemning others, if we cannot forgive those that sin against us, we will not be forgiven.