How to Receive the Living Water

How to Receive the Living Water

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Jun 19

@Rajk999

And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus,

Read it again.

And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, ...

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Jun 19

And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep. (Acts 7:59-60 KJV)

IF I ask any 5 yr old.

What was Stephen praying to?
The answer would be GOD.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Jun 19

English Standard Version
And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.”

Berean Study Bible
While they were stoning him, Stephen appealed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.”

Berean Literal Bible
And as they were stoning Stephen, he was calling out and saying, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."

New American Standard Bible
They went on stoning Stephen as he called on the Lord and said, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!"

King James Bible
And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Christian Standard Bible
While they were stoning Stephen, he called out: "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!"

Contemporary English Version
As Stephen was being stoned to death, he called out, "Lord Jesus, please welcome me!"

Good News Translation
They kept on stoning Stephen as he called out to the Lord, "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!"

Holman Christian Standard Bible
They were stoning Stephen as he called out: "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit!"

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Jun 19
4 edits

@Rajk999

The text tells us what he was praying to God -

"Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."

What was Stephen praying to God?
What he was saying there is what he was praying to God - "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit".

His God was the Lord Jesus.
Enter Thomas

Thomas answered and said to Him, My Lord and my God.

Jesus said to him, Because you have seen Me you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed." (John 20:28,29)

"And they stoned Stephen as he called upon the Lord and said, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."

Or if you prefer KJV.

King James Bible
And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Jun 19
1 edit

@sonship said
@Rajk999

The text tells us what he was praying to God -

"Lord Jesus, receive my spirit."

What was Stephen praying to God?
What he was saying there is what he was praying to God - "Lord Jesus, receive my spirit".

His God was the Lord Jesus.
Enter Thomas

Thomas answered and said to Him, [ ...[text shortened]... they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
Nobody needs your false interpretations. Stephen prayed to God. Thomas called Jesus Lord and God.. The undeniable fact is that Jesus said to pray to God, His Father. Anyway that is a minor matter compared to your most critical flaw which I identified at the top of page 2... your mouth worshiping doctrine of damnation.

The wary Christian serious about eternal life will steer clear of people like you.

Moves
12 Jun 19

@sonship said
Since this truth is under such an attack here I thought for those who WISH to know how to have the experience promised by Jesus in John 7:39 might be helpful.
What “truth” is “under such attack here”?

Is you prefixing “truth” to another one of your bloggathons in order to translate any challenge you get into people attacking the “truth”?

Because that’s how your opening paragraph comes across.

Moves
12 Jun 19

20 posts out of the first 33 are yours sonship.

Start a blog!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Jun 19

@sonship said
Since this truth is under such an attack here I thought for those who WISH to know how to have the experience promised by Jesus in John 7:39 might be helpful.

It will be of no use to someone who has no desire to receive the Holy Spirit and wants nothing to do with coming to Jesus Christ for salvation.

First the promised. Then some suggestions as to how you may ...[text shortened]...

So how can one come into this experience?
Some suggestions I count as trustworthy will follow.
Ask God

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Jun 19

@rajk999 said
Jesus will reply:

Sonship, you are still feeling empty because you did not follow my commandments. You are following the teachings of the church / Witness Lee. Go do like the Good Samaritan and show love for others in need. You are doing like the priest and Levite, studying the bible, talking about the bible without putting into pratice the commandments. You will ne ...[text shortened]... and satisfied until you go and do good works and live righteously according to my commandments.
Now you are a prophet speaking for Jesus Christ?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Jun 19

@rajk999 said
More proof that your doctrine is miles away from Jesus Christ. Chrsitians are to pray to God, through Jesus who is the mediator between God and men. There is nowhere in the bible where Jesus says to pray to Him. Jesus said to pray to God, His Father. Jesus's suggested pray :

[i].. Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done ...[text shortened]... e commanded. Your doctrine continues to demonstrate that you are on the road to eternal damnation.
You know what God says about false prophets?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Jun 19

@kellyjay said
Now you are a prophet speaking for Jesus Christ?
What I said reflect the teachings of Christ, and those who have read and understood Christ will appreciate it. . I would not expect you to understand or appreciate that because you are a product of your church.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Jun 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
You know what God says about false prophets?
The same thing he said about false teachers and mouth worshipers. They will be destroyed. Be warned.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Jun 19
1 edit

@divegeester

20 posts out of the first 33 are yours sonship.

Start a blog!

Good idea.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Jun 19
3 edits

@KellyJay

Ask God

Absolutely!

And like Paul, the brother Paul, we can give advice as ones who have some degree of faithfulness.
I said "some". Relax.

"But this I say by way of concession, not by way of command." (1 Cor. 7:6)

Don't be too concerned if I propose some advice.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Jun 19

@rajk999 said
What I said reflect the teachings of Christ, and those who have read and understood Christ will appreciate it. . I would not expect you to understand or appreciate that because you are a product of your church.
In other words you made it up. I believe you will see God has harsh words for that. Very presumptuous of you.