1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 16:083 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Yes, science is about observations. This is not the same as saying things have to be observed 'as they happen' in order to be evidenced and understood. We now know, for example, some amazing stuff about the early formation of the solar system, despite none of us being here to observe it.

Going on then from no known science conclusively denying that an Adam and an Eve could be the first man and woman on earth ...

Which known fact, as you suggest, renders any one of the 31 verses in Genesis chapter one impossible to be true ?
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 16:44
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Yes, science is about observations. This is not the same as saying things have to be observed 'as they happen' in order to be evidenced and understood. We now know, for example, some amazing stuff about the early formation of the solar system, despite none of us being here to observe it.

Going on then from no known science conclusively ...[text shortened]... st, renders any one of the 31 verses in Genesis chapter one impossible to be true ?
    But known science 'does' know (conclusively) that we didn't originate from 2 fully formed humans.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 19:20
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    But known science 'does' know (conclusively) that we didn't originate from 2 fully formed humans.
    How did that happen?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 19:333 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Scientists know things and claim things. Now you can refer to the scientists who say a first man and first woman as the Bible teaches, is impossible.

We've felt the hot air. Now refer to your authorities who you say KNOW there could not be a Adam and Eve.

The burden is not on me to point to it.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 19:412 edits
    @sonship

Which known fact, as you suggest, renders any one of the 31 verses in Genesis chapter one impossible to be true ?

Oh, the names of Adam and Eve are in chapter two of Genesis not the first chapter.. (Which I also believe though).

My original challenge:
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 19:50
    We now know, for example, some amazing stuff about the early formation of the solar system, despite none of us being here to observe it.

Then we don't know for sure. We have a theory about history. Or I would say a theory about the distant past which amounts to a good hunch yet un-observed.

And what if any of the early theories about the solar system render one of the verses from 1 to 31 of Genesis 1 impossible that it is telling us the truth ?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 19:594 edits
    We now know, for example, some amazing stuff about the early formation of the solar system, despite none of us being here to observe it.

Can there have been so-called "amazing stuff" that happened which we are not specifically told by God in Genesis chapter one?

Does Genesis one in its concise focus on what is most pertinent to the will of God in creation have to include minuted detail about ALL "amazing stuff" ?

The oldest book of the Bible (Job) says we know only the outskirts (or fringes) of God's ways.

By His Spirit the heavens became beauty. His hand pierced the fleeing serpent.

Indeed these are but the fringes of His ways; And how small a whisper do we hear of Him !

But as for the thundering of His mightiness, who can comprehend it? (Job :13,14)

Genesis 1:1-31 can be true yet amazing things which we do not know about OR now speculate about can be left out of the account.

We can be told the fringes and the outskirts of God's ways while the total power of His creative force we can hardly completely comprehend.
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 20:05
    @sonship said

Can there have been so-called "amazing stuff" that happened which we are not specifically told by God in Genesis chapter one?
    Yes.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 20:111 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Yes.

I agree.
    And these things and Genesis may not be at odds with each other. Their omission doesn't state it didn't happen.

Nor does the amazing things that happened in the solar system necessarily render Genesis 1 - 31 impossible to be true.

Who said it is impossible we humans could not all be descendants of a first couple - Adam and Eve ?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree