1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 11:291 edit
    @Rajk999

Sonship is a prime example of lip service preaching. In the last 10 years he has started hundreds of threads and made thousands of posts on everything under the sun except the one thing that Christ said to do ie to follow His commandments. Now he starts a thread on 'Practical Works of Righteousness' and made zero comments about good works neither has he quoted the good works Jesus said must be done.

They do not believe in doing good works so their conscience does not allow them to write about it.

I know that the thread started is very much incomplete. I am busy and there is no hurry. It is not going anywhere. And it is not as if I think it would make any difference at all to some posters here for an equivalent length of time.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 12:17
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

[quote]Sonship is a prime example of lip service preaching. In the last 10 years he has started hundreds of threads and made thousands of posts on everything under the sun except the one thing that Christ said to do ie to follow His commandments. Now he starts a thread on 'Practical Works of Righteousness' and made zero comments about good works neither has he quo ...[text shortened]... f I think it would make any difference at all to some posters here for an equivalent length of time.
    A professed follower of Christ, lost for words about good works and righteousness?
    This could only mean one thing. Your professions of faith is dead.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 12:27
    @kellyjay said
    "There is much in the Bible that doesn't hold up under the light of truth, so at best it has no value. It worst it is contrary to the spirit of truth."

You wrote this correct?
    Once again, if you have any integrity whatsoever, you'll apologize. Or to rephrase it: If you have the spirit of truth, you'll apologize.

Given your posting history, I'm not going to hold my breath. Your posting history has shown over and over again that you not only don't have the spirit of truth, you hate the truth.

Instead of addressing the truth, you ignore it. You pretend it doesn't exist. Just as you do with scripture that is contrary to the dogma that you've been taught. Just as you do with the fact that you have poor reading comprehension skills. Just as you do with the fact that you are an exceedingly dishonest person with no integrity whatsoever. Just as you do with the fact that you're a hypocrite and accuse others of doing exactly what you do.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 12:34
    @ThinkOfOne

There is much in the Bible that doesn't hold up under the light of truth, so at best it has no value. It worst it is contrary to the spirit of truth.

What is your strongest and most prominent example of a major portion of the Bible which doesn't hold up under the light of truth ? (You said much).
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 12:53
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

There is much in the Bible that doesn't hold up under the light of truth, so at best it has no value. It worst it is contrary to the spirit of truth.

What is your strongest and most prominent example of a major portion of the Bible which doesn't hold up under the light of truth ? (You said much).
    C'mon Jaywill. As you well know, I advocate for the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth. For years now, I've been speaking against that which is contrary to the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth. You've been involved with many of the discussions.

KJ desperately tossed that out as a red herring as a way to avoid facing the truth about his hypocrisy. As a way to avoid apologizing. It's what he does. He's an exceedingly dishonest person.
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 13:05
    @thinkofone said
    C'mon Jaywill. As you well know, I advocate for the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth. For years now, I've been speaking against that which is contrary to the gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth. You've been involved with many of the discussions.

KJ desperately tossed that out as a red herring as a way to avoid facing the truth about his hypocrisy. As a way to avoid apologizing. It's what he does. He's an exceedingly dishonest person.
    No he isn't. It is you alone who is dishonest and who should apologize to the forum for your prolonged and deliberate evasiveness around things Jesus apparently said 'WHILE HE WALKED THE EARTH' that don't quite fit into your cherry-picked mantra.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 13:09
    @ThinkOfOne

We do not always have to live in the past.
    Can you address this question today or would you rather not ? Do it for the sake of new posters who didn't read bygone debates - (debates in which obviously were no slam-dunks for your Atheism).

8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 13:15
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    No he isn't. It is you alone who is dishonest and who should apologize to the forum for your prolonged and deliberate evasiveness around things Jesus apparently said 'WHILE HE WALKED THE EARTH' that don't quite fit into your cherry-picked mantra.
    Well said.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 13:31
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

We do not always have to live in the past.
    Can you address thi ...[text shortened]... jor portion of the Bible which doesn't hold up under the light of truth ? (You said much).
    [/quote]
    C'mon Jaywill. On one hand you say "We do not always have to live in the past". On the other you seem to be asking to revisit it.

New posters? This forum has been overrun by trolls such as GoaD and DG. As such, any would-be new posters get driven away in short order.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 13:33
    @thinkofone said
    C'mon Jaywill. On one hand you say "We do not always have to live in the past". On the other you seem to be asking to revisit it.

New posters? This forum has been overrun by trolls such as GoaD and DG. As such, any would-be new posters get driven away in short order.
    You follow Kelly from thread to thread to make snide comments about his intellect, reading comprehension and honesty.

What is that if not trolling?!
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 16:39
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I think it's actually worse than that Kelly. It is not just scripture as a whole that he views as untrustworthy (at least in part) it is the Gospels themselves.

Relying, as he often does on carefully crafted repetition, he has said that 'by and large', the words of Jesus in the Gospels are to be trusted. - Note the 'by and large' which gives him the caveat to view ...[text shortened]... terrible way of proving veracity. (So it really is no surprise that he is in perpetual dodge mode).
    I know it is sad
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 16:41
    @thinkofone said
    Once again, if you have any integrity whatsoever, you'll apologize. Or to rephrase it: If you have the spirit of truth, you'll apologize.

Given your posting history, I'm not going to hold my breath. Your posting history has shown over and over again that you not only don't have the spirit of truth, you hate the truth.

Instead of addressing the truth, you ignore it. ...[text shortened]... Just as you do with the fact that you're a hypocrite and accuse others of doing exactly what you do.
    I don’t know what spirit you listen to but if it disagrees with scripture it is not the Holy Spirit.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 16:45
    @thinkofone said

Instead of addressing the truth, you ignore it. ...[text shortened]... Just as you do with the fact that you're a hypocrite and accuse others of doing exactly what you do.
    You can not defend your own words?
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 16:534 edits
    @kellyjay said
    You can not defend your own words?
    Actually I've laid out the case against you several times. Instead of addressing it, you've been dodging it with one red herring after another. You do it when it comes to discussing scripture as well. You have a long history that shows a complete lack of integrity. If you ever wonder where Christians get the reputation has dishonest hypocrites, look in the mirror. You're a prime example of a modern day Pharisee.

Here it is again.

1) I wrote the following:
    Seems that few Christians actually care about what Jesus actually said or didn't say.

They pick and choose which parts of the Bible to ignore and then accuse others of doing just that. What hypocrites.

2) You wrote the following in response:
    Odd that you say that, when you ignore so much of scripture

3) I've never claimed that I don't ignore any scripture.
    4) You've often claimed that you don't ignore any scripture.
    5) You often accuse Rajk999 of ignoring scripture.
    6) The fact is that you often do the very thing that you accuse Rajk999 of doing.
    7) That make you a hypocrite.
    8) I was pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of the Christians on this forum who do the same as you.

Therefore there was nothing "odd" about what I wrote, your juvenile implication that I was a hypocrite notwithstanding.

That fact is that I'm not the hypocrite. You're the hypocrite.

If you have any integrity whatsoever, you'll apologize. Or to rephrase it: If you have the spirit of truth, you'll apologize.

15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 17:05
    @thinkofone said
    Actually I've laid out the case against you several times. Instead of addressing it, you've been dodging it with one red herring after another. You do it when it comes to discussing scripture as well. You have a long history that shows a complete lack of integrity. If you ever wonder where Christians get the reputation has dishonest hypocrites, look in the mirror. You're ...[text shortened]... wn over and over again that you not only don't have the spirit of truth, you hate the truth.[/quote]
    Yet another trolling post challenging Kelly's integrity and honesty.

Is that really all you have to offer the forum?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree