1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 17:32
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Yet another trolling post challenging Kelly's integrity and honesty.

Is that really all you have to offer the forum?
    The deceit and trolling continue from GoaD. Once again, nothing new here. 

GoaD started as a troll. He continues as a troll. See the following thread for an example of his early efforts. 

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/john-858.164426 

The following thread is another early example of GoaD's trolling. Note how his posts were in an effort to "stir the pot" as they have been here. 

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/salvation.165585 
  2. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 18:08
    @thinkofone said
    The deceit and trolling continue from GoaD. Once again, nothing new here. 

GoaD started as a troll. He continues as a troll. See the following thread for an example of his early efforts. 

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/john-858.164426 

The following thread is another early example of GoaD's trolling. Note how his posts were in an effort to "stir the pot" as they have been here. 

https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/spirituality/salvation.165585 
    It is telling (and a little sad) that ToO is forced to repeatedly regurgitate a post from 4 years ago (that he alone on the planet failed to see the intended humor) whereas examples of his own trolling of Kelly are current and ongoing across multiple threads.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 18:232 edits
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    It is telling (and a little sad) that ToO is forced to repeatedly regurgitate a post from 4 years ago (that he alone on the planet failed to see the intended humor) whereas examples of his own trolling of Kelly are current and ongoing across multiple threads.
    GoaD's trolling and deceit are there for everyone to see across both threads to which he is alluding including his ongoing blatant mischaracterizations:
    "How to Receive the Living Water"
    "How to receive Living Water according to Jesus"

This forum has become a wasteland because trolls like GoaD are allowed to continue their trolling ways with impunity. It's unfortunate that the folks who run redhotpawn allow it.
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 18:351 edit
    @thinkofone said
    GoaD's trolling and deceit are there for everyone to see across both threads to which he is alluding including his ongoing blatant mischaracterizations:

This forum has become a wasteland because trolls like GoaD are allowed to continue their trolling ways with impunity. It's unfortunate that the folks who run redhotpawn allow it.
    Unfortunate indeed that they allow you to repeatedly troll members in order to belittle their intelligence, integrity and honesty.

Maybe you should stop doing that and show a little of that integrity yourself.

(In the last couple of days, for example, you have called kelly dishonest well over a dozen times).
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 18:36
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Unfortunate indeed that they allow you to repeatedly troll members in order to belittle their intelligence, integrity and honesty.

Maybe you should stop doing that and show a little of that integrity yourself.

6. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 18:37
    @thinkofone said

I'll add spamming to your trolling.
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 18:41
    @sonship said
    @ThinkOfOne

There is much in the Bible that doesn't hold up under the light of truth, so at best it has no value. It worst it is contrary to the spirit of truth.

What is your strongest and most prominent example of a major portion of the Bible which doesn't hold up under the light of truth ? (You said much).
    I think the book of Genesis, almost in its entirety, 'doesn't hold up under the light of truth.'

By truth, I mean a modern understanding of the world we live in and how we got here. (Based on verifiable discoveries).
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 19:41
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I think the book of Genesis, almost in its entirety, 'doesn't hold up under the light of truth.'

There are 31 verses in chapter one. Which do you know for certain does not tell you the truth?

By truth, I mean a modern understanding of the world we live in and how we got here. (Based on verifiable discoveries).

Which verifiable discovery renders which verse or verses in Genesis chapter one conclusively, without a doubt, untrue?
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jun '19 20:08
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

There are 31 verses in chapter one. Which do you know for certain does not tell you the truth?

...[text shortened]... iscovery renders which verse or verses in Genesis chapter one conclusively, without a doubt, untrue?
    Let us take for example the Genesis narrative that man and woman were created as an initial pair and that from this pairing our species has its origin.

Now, if we are to take this literally (and I know many Christians don't) it is completely and utterly at odds with which we know 'for certain' regarding the evolution of our species. - In just this one example it is clear that biblical 'truth' is far removed from reality and is obviously the product of an ancient writer not privy to modern discoveries.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 00:08
    @ghost-of-a-duke said

Modern understanding of the World, so what is the modern verifiable understanding compared to this line, its the first line in scripture. If we can be shown verifiable discoveries here its over for faith in scripture. What do you have that can verified to show this is in error?

Genesis 1 English Standard Version (ESV)
    In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 00:27
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Let us take for example the Genesis narrative that man and woman were created as an initial pair and that from this pairing our species has its origin.

Now, if we are to take this literally (and I know many Christians don't) it is completely and utterly at odds with which we know 'for certain' regarding the evolution of our species. - In just this one example it is ...[text shortened]... oved from reality and is obviously the product of an ancient writer not privy to modern discoveries.
    I'd like to ask a few questions about this topic.

Are you suggesting that evolution had a single sex creature from which everything else came, and that through evolution managed to split into two different compatible sexes, AND THEN at the very start of this split, both sexes knew what to do for sex to continue the species, they didn't have to figure it out, and they wanted to as well? (Please note: the knowing how, wanting to, are also difficult questions! They would not have had either instinct or history to draw on)

How did all life in two sexes manage to stay compatible throughout all time? Are you asking me to buy into a series of miracles over time with each mutation affecting the males, and keeping the female compatable with each generation.

It is possible I'm not describing your view on how this occurred over and over again, please show me the proper argument we should be looking at instead of the one I presented just now.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 02:40
    @thinkofone said
    This forum is not a wasteland.
    Ghost of Duke is one of the most respected posters in it.
    Whereas you are a flakey intellectually dishonest fraud
    It is because of posters like you that forums like this suffer.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 02:531 edit
    @thinkofone said

I disagree with GoaD, much more than I agree with him, but I hold him in a very high regard. I don't think he has issue one with mischaracterizations, or deceit.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 13:074 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Now, if we are to take this literally (and I know many Christians don't) it is completely and utterly at odds with which we know 'for certain' regarding the evolution of our species. - In just this one example it is clear that biblical 'truth' is far removed from reality and is obviously the product of an ancient writer not privy to modern discoveries.

Science is involves observation.

We have never observed in human history a creature of one species giving birth to a creature of a different species.

Changing sizes of finch beaks extrapolated to the assumption that the same occurs in species to species transformation is a theory. This hasn't been observed on that level as macro evolution theorizes. So you cannot say you KNOW macro evolution insists that there was no FIRST man and a FIRST woman.

Neither does flies being bread with different number of wings count as species to species transformation.

Neither does the breeding of all kinds of dogs- little ones, big ones, hairy ones, short haired ones - count as species to species transformation.

So I think that as far as science (including observation and laboratory replication) there is nothing you could point to as a FACT demonstrating there was no FIRST man and a FIRST woman.

There are 31 verses in Genesis chapter one. What scientific FACT would you refer me to to render impossible to be true something told me in Genesis 1 ?
  15. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Jun '19 15:35
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

[quote] Now, if we are to take this literally (and I know many Christians don't) it is completely and utterly at odds with which we know 'for certain' regarding the evolution of our species. - In just this one example it is clear that biblical 'truth' is far removed from reality and is obviously the product of an ancient writer not privy to modern discover ...[text shortened]... c FACT would you refer me to to render impossible to be true something told me in Genesis 1 ?
    Yes, science is about observations. This is not the same as saying things have to be observed 'as they happen' in order to be evidenced and understood. We now know, for example, some amazing stuff about the early formation of the solar system, despite none of us being here to observe it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree