1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 11:05
    Since this truth is under such an attack here I thought for those who WISH to know how to have the experience promised by Jesus in John 7:39 might be helpful.

It will be of no use to someone who has no desire to receive the Holy Spirit and wants nothing to do with coming to Jesus Christ for salvation.

First the promised. Then some suggestions as to how you may enter into the experience.

"Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes into Me, as the Scripture said, out of his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water.

But this He said concerning the Spirit, whom those who believed into Him were about to receive, for the Spirit was not yet, because Jesus had not yet been glorified." (John 7:37-39)

So how can one come into this experience?
    Some suggestions I count as trustworthy will follow.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 11:101 edit
    @sonship said
    Since this truth is under such an attack here I thought for those who WISH to know how to have the experience promised by Jesus in John 7:39 might be helpful.

It will be of no use to someone who has no desire to receive the Holy Spirit and wants nothing to do with coming to Jesus Christ for salvation.

First the promised. Then some suggestions as to how you may ...[text shortened]...

Whoever believes on Jesus Christ from the heart will follow His commandments. The living water represents the good works and righteousness which follow such people.

There are many who believe with their mouth. These do not follow His commandments neither do they tell others to follow Christ's commandments. These people do not do good works and live righteously.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 11:211 edit
    @sonship said

First the promised. Then some suggestions as to how you may ...[text shortened]...

Living water = water of life. Jesus here refers to teachings which give life eternal. Teachings which give eternal life are the ones from Jesus Christ. Jesus is the way. Professions of faith so common among Christians is not sufficient for eternal life.

Preachers who profess mouth worship as the road to the Kingdom of God are preaching water of death. This is the road to eternal damnation.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 11:223 edits
    "On the last day, the great day of the feast ..."

Maybe to begin, notice that Jesus waited to cry out this promise on "the last day, the great day of the feast".

A suggest way of prayer:

"Lord Jesus, I have done everything, and I am still unsatisfied. Lord Jesus, degrees, education, entertainment, romance, money, prestige, fun, and friends have come. But Lord I still feel like I am missing something. Deep in my heart, below all these enjoyments, I still am so empty.

Lord Jesus, I want learn to come to you, as You said, and drink. Lord Jesus, I want to be cared for by You. "

First I would suggest that you be honest with the Lord Jesus if you feel all the world's enjoyment still has left you deeply unsatisfied.

The self satisfied have no need to come to the Lord to "drink". In fact God said such He may send away empty.

"The hungry He has filled with good things, and the rich He has sent away empty." (Luke 1:53)

A good prayer to pray again:

"Lord Jesus, I have much. But I am not rich. Lord Jesus don't sent me away rich and empty. I come to You hungry Lord. I come to You thirsty Lord Jesus. Father I want to be Your child and You HAVE to feed me. O God, I come to You so thirsty, Lord."
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 11:29
    @sonship said
    "On the last day, the great day of the feast ..."

Maybe to begin, notice that Jesus waited to cry out this promise on "the last day, the great day of the feast".

A suggest way of prayer:

"Lord Jesus, I have done everything, and I am still unsatisfied. Lord Jesus, degrees, education, entertainment, romance, money, prestige, fun, and friends have ...[text shortened]... us. Father I want to be Your child and You HAVE to feed me. O God, I come to You so thirsty, Lord."
    Jesus will reply:

Sonship, you are still feeling empty because you did not follow my commandments. You are following the teachings of the church / Witness Lee. Go do like the Good Samaritan and show love for others in need. You are doing like the priest and Levite, studying the bible, talking about the bible without putting into pratice the commandments. You will never be full and satisfied until you go and do good works and live righteously according to my commandments.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 11:372 edits
    You will notice that on every prayer I suggest I usually include "Lord Jesus".

That is because once you can humble yourself to admit that Jesus is "Lord" maybe you are half way home already. Maybe even more than that.

If you can get to say "Lord Jesus" acknowledging Him as your Lord now, it is He who is on the throne, you're won more than half all the battle already.

No man can say Jesus is Lord except in the Holy Spirit, says the New Testament.

"Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking in the Spirit of God says, Jesus is accursed; and no one can say, Jesus is Lord! except in the Holy Spirit." (1 Cor. 12:3)

Once you are able to humble yourself to say "LORD ... Jesus, Lord Jesus" you have already come light years foward from the darkness into the marvelous light of truth.

So call out "Lord Jesus, I am thirsty. Lord Jesus, I come to You. O Lord Jesus!"

The Holy Spirit will come to your innermost being as you acknowledge Jesus Christ as the Lord, YOUR Lord, the Lord of you.

I like this truth from Peter who humbled himself to call on the Lord Jesus.

"Therefore be humbled under the mighty hand of God that He may exalt you in due time.

Casting all your anxiety on Him because it matters to Him concerning you." (1 Peter 5:6,7)

When you go down God will lift you UP.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 11:452 edits
    @Rajk999

Thankyou.

Now this is really good. Jesus said, not Witness Lee or me, JESUS SAID .

"If anyone thirsts let Him come to Me and drink ..."

Now who said it? Who's the one who said it ??

Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out ... If anyone thirst let him come to Me and drink ..

Answer: Jesus said it.

Now, did He say Let him come to Witness Lee ? No. He said "Let him come to Me [Jesus] and drink."

Let's stay focused now. If you come calling Lord Jesus, O Lord Jesus, Lord Jesus for three minutes the living Spirit will probably begin to burn and flow in your innermost being.

Like this for three minutes - "O Lord Jesus! O Lord Jesus! Lord Jesus, Lord Jesus I come to You Lord. I come to YOU O Lord Jesus."

And calling on the Lord Jesus as the Lord, YOUR Lord, the living water will begin to flow out of your innermost being.

Who said come to Him and drink of Him.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 11:461 edit
    @sonship said
    You will notice that on every prayer I suggest I usually include "Lord Jesus"{/b].

That is because once you can humble yourself to admit that Jesus is [b]"Lord"
    maybe you are half way home already. Maybe even more than that.

If you can get to say "Lord Jesus" acknowledging Him as your Lord now, it is He who is on the throne, you're won more th ...[text shortened]... t matters to Him concerning you." (1 Peter 5:6,7) [/quote]

When you go down God will lift you UP.
    More proof that your doctrine is miles away from Jesus Christ. Chrsitians are to pray to God, through Jesus who is the mediator between God and men. There is nowhere in the bible where Jesus says to pray to Him. Jesus said to pray to God, His Father. Jesus's suggested pray :

.. Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen. (Matthew 6:9-13 KJV)

Jesus does not want anyone to pray to Him. Jesus wants you to do as he commanded. Your doctrine continues to demonstrate that you are on the road to eternal damnation.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 11:49
    @sonship said
    @Rajk999

Thankyou.

Now this is really good. Jesus said, not Witness Lee or me, JESUS SAID .

"If anyone thirsts let Him come to Me and drink ..."

Now who said it? Who's the one who said it ??

[quote] Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out ... If anyone thirst let him come to Me and drink .. [/ ...[text shortened]... ing water will begin to flow out of your innermost being.

Who said come to Him and drink of Him.
    But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him. (Matthew 6:7-8 KJV)
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 11:57
    @Rajk999

Sonship, you are still feeling empty because you did not follow my commandments. You are following the teachings of the church / Witness Lee. Go do like the Good Samaritan and show love for others in need. You are doing like the priest and Levite, studying the bible, talking about the bible without putting into pratice the commandments. You will never be full and satisfied until you go and do good works and live righteously according to my commandments.

Thankyou.

Now remember, Jesus as God will satisfy the longing soul.

For He satisfies the thirsty soul, And the famished soul He fills with good. (Psalm 109:9)

And Mary in her poem warned that the self satisfied God may send away empty. (Luke 1:53)

Berean Literal Bible
    He has filled those hungering with good things, and those being rich He has sent away empty.

New American Standard Bible
    "HE HAS FILLED THE HUNGRY WITH GOOD THINGS; And sent away the rich empty-handed.

So come to the Lord Jesus with all your thirst within calling "O Lord Jesus, Lord Jesus, You have to feed me, Lord I am your child, you have to give me food, Lord Jesus sustain me. Lord Jesus supply me. O Lord Jesus."

"What shall I render to the Lord for all His benefits towards me? I will lift up the cup of salvation and CALL upon the name of the Lord ..." (Psa. 116:12,13)
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 12:05
    I don't know if Rajkkk is saying "Don't call on the Lord Jesus". But the Bible has hundreds and hundreds of examples of men CALLING on the name of the Lord.

Now, Rajk999 stresses obedience to the Lord. Sure, IF you feel lacking in obedience - which I often do feel too - you STILL come to Him and drink of this Spirit of Jesus Christ.

"Lord, I so lack obedience. Lord, I am SO rebellious, Lord supply me with obedience. Lord I come unto you THIRSTING for oneness with you in thought, in action, in deed. Lord I am hungry for obedience TO You."

Bring all your feeling of LACK to the Lord Jesus. Rivers of living water is plural, not one.

A RIVER for your mind.
    A RIVER for your will.
    A River for you emotions.

That is our experience. How we also need deeper experience.

"let him come unto Me and drink" . It really means to drink of this Living Person the Lord Jesus. Drink of Him by opening up your whole being and opening up and being open, open to receive Him as Lord.

"Lord Jesus" really states that He is everything that you need.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 12:181 edit
    @Rajk999

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him. (Matthew 6:7-8 KJV)

I have to stick with my focus here.

Not all repetition is vain. Repetition does not have to be vain.

If you tell your dear wife - " I love you, I love you sweetheart. I just love you." it is not necessarily VAIN repetition. Beware of the "repetition police" standing by patrolling that you do not vainly repeat.

See Psalm 136. The Psalmist REPEATS again and again "For His loving kindness endures forever."

Go look at that Psalm. Look at the overflowing praises from the Psalmist which cause him to want to repeat -

"For His mercy endures forever.
    For His mercy endures forever."

How many times did the Psalmist repeat there "For His mercy endures forever? "
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 12:192 edits
    Anyway. You say "O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus" as much as you like as long as your conscience allows you. You don't have to consult with the repetition police like Rajk999 on patrol to make sure no one repeats vainly.

The way to receive the living water is to first OPEN UP.
    Secondly to COME TO the living Person in faith - Jesus is alive and available. That's the gospel.

He is unusual. He is unusual because you cannot see Him at this time. But ...

"this He spoke of the Spirit which they who received Him were about to receive. For the Spirit was not yet because Jesus was not yet glorified."

Jesus is glorified now ... resurrected even ascended to the highest peak of existence, to the peak of the universe where ever that is.

So we can come to Him and drink Him by lifting up the cup of salvation and calling upon the name of the Lord. He HEARS our voice.

"I love Jehovah because He hears my voice, my supplications, Because He inclines His ear to me;

Therefore I will call upon Him all my days." Psalm 116:1,2)
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 12:371 edit
    If you call so as to contact the "Lord Jesus" you must believe the critical part of the Gospel. You admit that you believe that Jesus LIVES.

Why would you call upon someone who you do not believe exists or lives?

So calling "Lord Jesus" acknowledges:

1.) Jesus Christ is alive.

2.) That means you confess that He rose from the dead.

That is no small thing because if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved.

Who said? The Bible said. right here in the most basic outline of the Christian Gospel - Paul's letter to the Romans.

"But what does it say? The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that is the word of the faith which we proclaim.

That if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

For with the heart there is believing unto righteousness, and with the mouth there is confession unto salvation." (Rom. 10:8-10)

Now don't blame the little Chinese man there. Paul taught it.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 12:42
    @sonship said
    I don't know if Rajkkk is saying "Don't call on the Lord Jesus". But the Bible has hundreds and hundreds of examples of men CALLING on the name of the Lord.

Now, Rajk999 stresses obedience to the Lord. Sure, IF you feel lacking in obedience - which I often do feel too - you STILL come to Him and drink of this Spirit of Jesus Christ.

"Lord, I so lack obedience. Lord, ...[text shortened]... n to receive Him as Lord.

"Lord Jesus" really states that He is everything that you need.
    If you lack obedience the solution is to call on Lord Jesus?
    Here is an original thought ....
    How about actually going and being obedient?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree