How do you define evil?

How do you define evil?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
24 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
So you assess and come up with nothing?
No, with "assessing" you can come up with a record of progress.

Evaluation or judgement can come later.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Jan 22

@fmf said
No, with "assessing" you can come up with a record of progress.

Evaluation or judgement can come later.
Exactly

F

Moves
24 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Assessment Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/assessment
assessment: [noun] the action or an instance of making a judgment about something : the act of assessing something : appraisal.
Perhaps karoly aczel was just saying something nuanced to you.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Jan 22
1 edit

@fmf said
Assessment can and usually does involve recording progress as something is going on. Evaluation involves recording what progress occurred after whatever was going on - after it has finished. Judging definitely involves making a decision. For you to say that to differentiate between these words is "a distinction without a difference" is a mistake.
Any judgment call is first an assessment and a decision or verdict; the only thing you did is say this is part of one of two of a two-step process for judgment. There is no point for part one without part two.

F

Moves
24 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Any judgment call is first an assessment and a decision or verdict; the only thing you did is say this is part of one of two of a two-step process for judgment. There is no point for part one without part two.
You are mistaken. Being aware of the progress made does not necessarily require any judgement to be made. I've pointed this out now. And karoly aczel has concurred.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Jan 22

@fmf said
You are mistaken. Being aware of the progress made does not necessarily require any judgement to be made. I've pointed this out now. And karoly aczel has concurred.
Yes, and an assessment makes that determination.

F

Moves
24 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Yes, and an assessment makes that determination.
The nuance of what karoly aczel will vanish if you simply refuse to see it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Jan 22

@fmf said
Disagreeing after hearing your response is not refusing to see it; it is seeing it and not accepting it.

F

Moves
24 Jan 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Disagreeing after hearing your response is not refusing to see it; it is seeing it and not accepting it.
You are simply refusing to accept what karoly aczel meant by the word ~ what I understood his meaning to be ~ and what he has now confirmed he meant by the word. You insist it must mean something else. Way to go KellyJay! Hardcore debating, yea!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Jan 22

@fmf said
You are simply refusing to accept what karoly aczel meant by the word ~ what I understood his meaning to be ~ and what he has now confirmed he meant by the word. You insist it must mean something else. Way to go KellyJay! Hardcore debating, yea!
What was meant and what was said can be two different things; when you assess a situation, you decide what you are looking at as I assess your reactions in this conversation.

F

Moves
24 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
What was meant and what was said can be two different things; when you assess a situation, you decide what you are looking at as I assess your reactions in this conversation.
Just block out what he meant. Just block out what he meant. Just block out what he meant. Just block out what he meant. Just block out what he meant. Just block out what he meant. Go for it.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
24 Jan 22

@fmf said
You don't? I'd have thought you'd base your definition of evil on Christian theology.
I base knowing what "evil" is on what God says evil is.

So what is evil according to God? In total, evil is antichrist.

The scriptures say "the love of money is the root of all evil". I guess evil begins there.

It takes little imagination to understand what evil is. Use yours!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
24 Jan 22

@fmf said
Actually I remembered it wrong , he used 'evaluting' , which again is without judgement

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Jan 22

@fmf said
Just block out what he meant. Just block out what he meant. Just block out what he meant. Just block out what he meant. Just block out what he meant. Just block out what he meant. Go for it.
I don't have to block out what was said, and I disagree with him; it isn't difficult to understand. We don't have to agree while looking at the same pieces of data, the same facts, anything. I don't think disagreeing with you means you are not seeing what is there. I'm perfectly able to give you the right to make up your mind while looking at something I am and coming up with a different conclusion. We all don't have to agree on everything; not every debate is a reason to belittle someone for not agreeing to claim the intent of hiding from something other of that nature.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Jan 22

@karoly-aczel said
Actually I remembered it wrong , he used 'evaluting' , which again is without judgement
evaluate
[ ih-val-yoo-eyt ]SHOW IPA

See synonyms for: evaluate / evaluated / evaluating / evaluator on Thesaurus.com
🍎 Elementary Level
verb (used with object), e·val·u·at·ed, e·val·u·at·ing.
to determine or set the value or amount of; appraise:
to evaluate property.
to judge or determine the significance, worth, or quality of; assess:
to evaluate the results of an experiment.