How do you define evil?

How do you define evil?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
23 Jan 22

@kevin-eleven said
@FMF

What of your own behavior would you be willing to admit was evil, even in humanistic terms?
@FMF -- I'm not the kind of person who would say you are "running away" from this question, but I am still looking forward to your response.

F

Moves
23 Jan 22

@kevin-eleven said
@FMF -- I'm not the kind of person who would say you are "running away" from this question, but I am still looking forward to your response.
I'm not interested in your random, attention-seeking banter. I suggest you discuss "evil" with other posters.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Jan 22

@fmf said
Isn't humanity's "sinful" nature something the Abrahamic God created?
I don’t think so. I think it’s something mankind bore when Adam and Eve rebelled against God by believing and trusting Satan over Him.

But I’m curious why you are asking questions of, and seeking an opinion from, someone you consider to be a “malicious troll.”

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Jan 22

@fmf said
Why not?
Just clarifying your position,

F

Moves
23 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
Do you, FMF, think trolling and bearing false witness are evil?

That gets right to the heart of the matter as far as the SF is concerned.
I don't think there is any "evil" at work on a message board like this. To suggest there is just trivializes the subject and dilutes the meaning of the word.

F

Moves
23 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
But I’m curious why you are asking questions of, and seeking an opinion from, someone you consider to be a “malicious troll.”
You are free to withdraw yourself from the discussion whenever you wish.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Jan 22

@fmf said
I don't think there is any "evil" at work on a message board like this. To suggest there is just trivializes the subject and dilutes the meaning of the word.
So you don’t think breaking one of the Ten Commandments is evil?

F

Moves
23 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I don’t think so. I think it’s something mankind bore when Adam and Eve rebelled against God by believing and trusting Satan over Him.
Then your stance on this is that the Abrahamic God didn't create everything in the universe?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Jan 22

@fmf said
You are free to withdraw yourself from the discussion whenever you wish.
That doesn’t answer the question of why you are asking questions of, and seeking an opinion from, someone you consider to be a “malicious troll.”

Perhaps you have a soft spot in your heart for ol’ PB1022.

F

Moves
23 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
So you don’t think breaking one of the Ten Commandments is evil?
My definition of evil is on page 1.

I am not a religious person. Most of the "Ten Commandments" are irrelevant to me.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Jan 22

@fmf said
Then your stance on this is that the Abrahamic God didn't create everything in the universe?
Did God create the Empire State Building in New York?

Did He create your toaster and your trousers?

F

Moves
23 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
That doesn’t answer the question of why you are asking questions of, and seeking an opinion from, someone you consider to be a “malicious troll.”
I think you are someone who swings wildly between a desire to discuss things in a genuine way and a desire to be malicious, sometimes from day to day, sometimes from post to post. When you have a desire to discuss things in a genuine way, I'm OK with it.

Moves
23 Jan 22

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Jan 22

@fmf said
My definition of evil is on page 1.

I am not a religious person. Most of the "Ten Commandments" are irrelevant to me.
I read your definition on page 1.

And bearing false witness against someone fits it (and also happens to be one of the Ten Commandments.)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Jan 22

@kevin-eleven removed their quoted post
FMF’s on a high-fiber diet.