How do you define evil?

How do you define evil?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Jan 22

@Kevin-Eleven
Judging is unuseful, as is one upmanship or any competitive tendencies to proceed🙃

Moves
23 Jan 22

@karoly-aczel said
@Kevin-Eleven
Judging is unuseful, as is one upmanship or any competitive tendencies to proceed🙃
Sure, but you're not trying to seem wiser than everyone else, are you? 😉

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
He created Lucifer, who was originally an angel of God with free will.
When did lucifer stop being an angel of god with free will?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Jan 22

@divegeester said
When did lucifer stop being an angel of god with free will?
He stopped being an angel of God when he rebelled against God, was cast out of Heaven and took a third of God’s angels with him.

I assume he still has free will. Whether God’s angels in Heaven do or not, I don’t know.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Jan 22

@Kevin-Eleven
No. I'm just being my regular self.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Jan 22

@divegeester
All sentient beings are equipped with free choice

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Jan 22

@PB1022
Free will is not to be interfered with in all the greater universe

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jan 22

@karoly-aczel said
@Kevin-Eleven
In order to walk in this life, we all look and try to find the correct way of doing things; this is unavoidably making judgment calls. It can be a matter of upmanship, but we all judge; scripturally, we are told what judgment we use will be applied to us. That means condemning something in another's life while excusing it in our own will be a rope around our necks as we acknowledge what was wrong yet do it.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
In order to walk in this life, we all look and try to find the correct way of doing things; this is unavoidably making judgment calls. It can be a matter of upmanship, but we all judge; scripturally, we are told what judgment we use will be applied to us. That means condemning something in another's life while excusing it in our own will be a rope around our necks as we acknowledge what was wrong yet do it.
I thinking black beetle used the term "assessing", which is different from judging

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
23 Jan 22

@fmf said
KellyJay [on another thread]: "All have sinned and fallen short of God, God who is good. How do you define evil?"
I don't.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jan 22

@karoly-aczel said
I thinking black beetle used the term "assessing", which is different from judging
Don't you think that is a distinction without a difference?

F

Moves
23 Jan 22

@josephw said
I don't.
You don't? I'd have thought you'd base your definition of evil on Christian theology.

F

Moves
23 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Don't you think that is a distinction without a difference?
You are mistaken. Judging implies a decision. Assessing, like evaluating, don't necessarily mean making a decision but can just be observing and recording.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
24 Jan 22

@fmf said
You are mistaken. Judging implies a decision. Assessing, like evaluating, don't necessarily mean making a decision but can just be observing and recording.
So you assess and come up with nothing? You judge and decide; what is the point of assessing if you are never going to come to a decision, what would be the point?

Assessment Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/assessment
assessment: [noun] the action or an instance of making a judgment about something : the act of assessing something : appraisal.

F

Moves
24 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
So you assess and come up with nothing? You judge and decide; what is the point of assessing if you are never going to come to a decision, what would be the point?
Assessment can and usually does involve recording progress as something is going on. Evaluation involves recording what progress occurred after whatever was going on - after it has finished. Judging definitely involves making a decision. For you to say that to differentiate between these words is "a distinction without a difference" is a mistake.