How do you define evil?

How do you define evil?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jan 22

@fmf said
I don't think you typing "Faith speak" is calling me out. I think you typing "Faith speak" is a - seemingly inadvertent - parody of how often you greet a very specific question with a rather generic 100-200 words that do not address it.

If you ask me, is there "evil" at work on this forum, I'd answer "no". If I asked you the same question, you'd perhaps type out a couple of hundred words about your faith and not give a clear answer.
I see it as explaining things, and without addressing it in any detail, you flush the whole post as if it were nothing but dogma. So when I see you spew, I'm thinking, why not if that is all it takes?

Moves
23 Jan 22
1 edit

F

Moves
23 Jan 22
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I see it as explaining things, and without addressing it in any detail, you flush the whole post as if it were nothing but dogma. So when I see you spew, I'm thinking, why not if that is all it takes?
I don't "flush the whole post". I read it ~ you are, after all, choosing to converse with me ~ and then I [too often] see that you have chosen to offer a kind of recitation of the tenets of your faith instead of answering the question head-on. Meanwhile, if you see my explanations of my stances on the things we discuss as "spew", so be it.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Jan 22

@Rajk999
Oh yeah. I'm ...enjoying.lol.
I trust you are well my friend🙃

Moves
23 Jan 22

@karoly-aczel said
@Rajk999
Oh yeah. I'm ...enjoying.lol.
I trust you are well my friend🙃
shang shang biyango! 🙂

Moves
23 Jan 22

@fmf said
I don't "flush the whole post". I read it ~ you are, after all, choosing to converse with me ~ and then I [too often] see that you have chosen to offer a kind of recitation of the tenets of your faith instead of answering the question head-on. Meanwhile, if you see my explanations of my stances on the things we discuss as "spew", so be it.
Conversely, if you don't see yourself as a puke-head, then so be it.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Jan 22

I relate evil in various ways.
For example as in intelligence, low level intelligence is like trying to find a pin in a haystack, mid level intelligence seeks to somehow usurp others whereas high level intelligence, be it mainly benevolent or evil does not seek to destroy the other

F

Moves
23 Jan 22

@karoly-aczel said
I relate evil in various ways.
For example as in intelligence, low level intelligence is like trying to find a pin in a haystack, mid level intelligence seeks to somehow usurp others whereas high level intelligence, be it mainly benevolent or evil does not seek to destroy the other
If you mean "emotional intelligence", then perhaps I agree.

But if you're talking about "high-level intelligence", as in intellect, and whether someone's tendency to be "benevolent or evil" correlates with it, I don't think it necessarily does.

However, I do think morally sound behaviour correlates with "emotional intelligence".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jan 22

@fmf said
Yeah, when you do it, it's righteously done.

F

Moves
23 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Yeah, when you do it, it's righteously done.
Righteous or not righteous? No, not that. It's more of a case, I think, of you not being aware of your own approach to discourse and perhaps your limitations as a proponent of your beliefs. I do not claim that I have no limitations, but discerning that you are effectively ~ and maybe unwittingly ~ declining to answer questions, is not one of them.

Moves
23 Jan 22
1 edit

@fmf said
Righteous or not righteous? No, not that. It's more of a case, I think, of you not being aware of your own approach to discourse and perhaps your limitations as a proponent of your beliefs. I do not claim that I have no limitations, but discerning that you are effectively ~ and maybe unwittingly ~ declining to answer questions, is not one of them.
A clever tongue rots just as well as a slow one, and this is how you choose to use yours?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jan 22

@fmf said
I accept scripture as something to base my life on; I don't conform the Bible to suit my wants and desires; I try to conform to the truth in scripture. So if you are going to say I'm not answering questions because you hear or see me talk about the tenets of my faith, well, that is where my head is at. I've been studying that book for 40 years now. When you get dismissive just by saying this is the way it is, as if that is all it takes, you are spewing.

F

Moves
23 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
So if you are going to say I'm not answering questions because you hear or see me talk about the tenets of my faith, well, that is where my head is at.
I don't think it's appropriate [if you don't wish to be perceived as evasive] for you to simply talk about the tenets of your faith when a specific question is on the table. I think you should use the tenets of your faith to answer it head-on.

F

Moves
23 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
When you get dismissive just by saying this is the way it is, as if that is all it takes, you are spewing.
I am happy with how I propagate my own beliefs and how I try to get you to bring your beliefs to bear upon the questions that arise. If you want to describe it as "spewing", so be it.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
23 Jan 22

@FMF
Yes intelligence comes in many forms.
High level intelligences learn from each other.
Intelligence and information is a never-ending quantity.
Considering many currently incarnated humans are still looking for doctrines to snooze by and remain unconvinced of other worlds with sentient beings, it's difficult to take my point further while still staying on the same page.
Specific questions are necessary for me to add much to this point🙃